Autopsy Round 12, 2018: St.Kilda v Sydney *2018 PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Says the guy who in damn near 40 posts has told people to research JP themselves gone perilously close to victim blaming and just responds "youre not contributing" to anyone who calls his bullshit out.

If you've never had an issue with sexual harassment then why do you care? and how can you be unclear on "the rules".

You call me a white knight yet youre the one fighting the good fight for some mythical blokes who just wanna get their wolf whistle on and call their secretary little darling.

You sound a lot like JP's precious incels just terrified that the world is becoming more progressive and you wont get away with what dad and grandad did.

Get over yourself, go to an SRP or GD page and spruik this garbage, you are wasting a gameday review with your drivel.

Surely you could find a safe space to retreat to?

Some interesting stats from the game Hickey was 30 hit outs one better than Sinclair

Steele had 16 handballs

The most marks where taken by Rice and Austin with 9 each

Austin last 3 games he has had over 20 touches a game

2018 AFL League Marks Per Game Leaders (Minimum 3 Games Played)

Rank Player Team Games Marks for Last Game Average
1 Logan Austin St Kilda 3 9 v Sydney, Round 12 10.33
2 Shannon Hurn West Coast 11 12 v St Kilda, Round 11 8.64
3 Thomas Jonas Port Adelaide 11 4 v Richmond, Round 12 8.45
4 Luke Ryan Fremantle 12 9 v Adelaide, Round 12 8.00
5 Jeremy McGovern West Coast 10 12 v St Kilda, Round 11 7.80
5 Hamish Hartlett Port Adelaide 5 9 v Geelong, Round 5 7.80
7 Jeremy Howe Collingwood 11 8 v Melbourne, Round 12 7.73
8 Jake Carlisle St Kilda 9 10 v Richmond, Round 10 7.67
9 Lance Franklin Sydney 9 12 v St Kilda, Round 12 7.44

not bad for a kid that has not turned 23 yet

Weller gave away 5 free kicks

The most tackles was Hickey with 8 then 6 by Dunstan and Sinclair and 5 by Hunter and Ross.

If people want to discuss Jorder Peterson then please take it to a new thread :thumbsu:.

the dominance hierarchy at play right here!! ;)

big alpha male cooksen telling us beta cucks where to go. is your real name chad?

dont ban me. that was an attempt at poking fun at the MRAs

the dominance hierarchy at play right here!! ;)

big alpha male cooksen telling us beta cucks where to go. is your real name chad?

dont ban me. that was an attempt at poking fun at the MRAs
My real identity is Chad Kornes.

But Billings was close to AA last year and was really just straight kicking on goal from it. He's dropped in confidence and just not quite as good as we'd hoped. Florrent and Hayward can just run around getting gimme goals because they are surrounded by senior bodies and a drilled club. I think we continually overrate ourselves and getting out of the first round of that draft seemed clever at the time. In hindsight getting a player like them a year more developed looks smarter. Obviously we thought it would net us an uncontracted player.

Dan Mc Kenzie was an overreach that didn't pay off. The Swans have got some wrong too but just nowhere near as many. The idea that we don't develop them is overstated. Most have been given opportunity, it's just a lack of senior experienced heads and quality that are holding us back.
Reaches for his 20/20 hindsight goggles...
McKenzie is less over reach than pick 12 for Tom Lee & Nathan Wright. Brodie Grundy could be running around in the RWB!

Reaches for his 20/20 hindsight goggles...
McKenzie is less over reach than pick 12 for Tom Lee & Nathan Wright. Brodie Grundy could be running around in the RWB!
Grundy would probably be untapped talent like Acres in our team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I really enjoyed that whole Rogan ep!

I'm not sure how anyone could quantify reasons behind sexual harassment, unless they interview all the harassers.

I agree harassment is absolutely disgusting behaviour.
I agree we are at a place where nobody knows "the rules"
I agree make-up and heels are sexually provocative

I guess with heels and make up you have to think that if a buff guy was to wear tight fitting clothes does that make him fair game for gay men to sexually harass? If make up and heels is provocative then every office in Australia is a hot bed of provocation.

I guess with heels and make up you have to think that if a buff guy was to wear tight fitting clothes does that make him fair game for gay men to sexually harass? If make up and heels is provocative then every office in Australia is a hot bed of provocation.

Being fair game was never mentioned in any of the discussion but carry on

This whole debate makes me so weary and also very wary as you need to be aware of so many things.

In truth I once thought that this was pretty much a debate about common sense and decency but in truth we are well past that stage IMO.

It's pretty easy to define in some instances and an absolute nightmare in others.

What is and isn't can be very subjective in today's world and not just around this topic.

I hope some posters take the conversation to the random thread.

No one's saying it's fair game to harass people as far as I can tell. They're saying that makeup and heels whose sole purposes are to make the face more attractive and accentuate a woman's butt are absolutely provocative. And if a man wears a tight shirt to work I'm absolutely positive women in the workplace would talk about it in a sexually provocative way to other women.

What are his actual tools to be a great player. I must be missing them. An honest mark, poor kick at goal, no defensive play at all, no second efforts. Could probably find more but to me he has nothing elite in his game. The ball is going in the fifty enough that a potential great player would make something of it but because he finds it hard to change direction if the kick isn't perfect he is out of the play. Membery as poor as he has been this year seems to have done a fair job. Even Battle did well in our his second game and provides pressure. God I hope people are right but I just don't see it.
Valid points about Paddy, Pluggs. When he was selected all i could think of were Leigh Matthews comments about Jack Watts. "This kid shows nothing that would justify his status as a number one pick. Having said that, his injuries haven't helped, his management has been puzzling at times and I've lost count of the number of times I've seen good leads ignored, or the ball kicked at his feet, over his head, etc. He could be useful if he improved his kicking for goal, but we are stuck with the fact he is slow and lacks agility. Get an agility coach (yes there is such a thing), a goal kicking coach (Peter Hudson, not Ben Dixon) and work his arse off in the preseason. We may salvage something yet. Another failure for our developers and coaches.

Valid points about Paddy, Pluggs. When he was selected all i could think of were Leigh Matthews comments about Jack Watts. "This kid shows nothing that would justify his status as a number one pick. Having said that, his injuries haven't helped, his management has been puzzling at times and I've lost count of the number of times I've seen good leads ignored, or the ball kicked at his feet, over his head, etc. He could be useful if he improved his kicking for goal, but we are stuck with the fact he is slow and lacks agility. Get an agility coach (yes there is such a thing), a goal kicking coach (Peter Hudson, not Ben Dixon) and work his arse off in the preseason. We may salvage something yet. Another failure for our developers and coaches.
Would not be giving up on Paddy just yet.

The boy can play. Considering all the s**t that's been thrown his way since drafted.
I like his resilience, and showed he has a nice touch of campaigner about him when he nailed that clutch goal in the last.
Just needs a proper run at it and you will see the real leader in him emerge.

No one's saying it's fair game to harass people as far as I can tell. They're saying that makeup and heels whose sole purposes are to make the face more attractive and accentuate a woman's butt are absolutely provocative. And if a man wears a tight shirt to work I'm absolutely positive women in the workplace would talk about it in a sexually provocative way to other women.

I'll never forget the time in my Canberra office a few years ago, a young lady from one of the neighbouring offices made a face as I brought in a new hire. The look said "Wow!" He was a 28 year old, who was what my daughter called a complete "hottie". Ryan attracted a great deal attention from female clients and this woman asked me to give her an intro to him. Her whole office of women, was abuzz. The point is, she WANTED the approach if it was ever to come. No problem.

The point is, women covet men almost as much as men covet women. As a former homicide detective and profiler, I also know men are sexual predators by biology. Most control their impulses, some don't. Makeup and high heels are not an excuse to think a woman is coming onto you. Most women put on makeup and nice clothes for themselves, and believe it or not, to show other women they are attractive themselves. Most men rarely rate what women wear. Let's be honest, guys, most of us would * a barber shop floor. Rape used to be a way of spreading your genetic material more prolifically. Monogamy is a social construct that is supposed to make life easier for all of us. A good strategy that makes us control those base instincts that run our physiology. We are always battling the 4 Fs, the basic instincts that have guided our survival as a species. Fight, Flight, Food and Sex. All we need to survive and perpetuate our species. The rest is window dressing.

In a modern and ethical, compassionate, egalitarian society, all we need is the golden rule. Treat others as you want to be treated. Most of the training I've delivered around sexual harrassment in male dominated environments has seen me ridiculed and even abused. That is until we do the prison, remand scenario, where the sisters, or men with confused sexuality, decide you are the one they want to marry and spend the rest of their sentences with. That changes things by 180 degrees. Until you've felt the sting of sexual assault, or the threat of it, you have no idea.

I'll never forget the time in my Canberra office a few years ago, a young lady from one of the neighbouring offices made a face as I brought in a new hire. The look said "Wow!" He was a 28 year old, who was what my daughter called a complete "hottie". Ryan attracted a great deal attention from female clients and this woman asked me to give her an intro to him. Her whole office of women, was abuzz. The point is, she WANTED the approach if it was ever to come. No problem.
Reminded me of this SNL clip about sexual harassment from a few years back with Tom Brady, it's pretty funny and more accurate than many would want to admit:

Last edited:
from memory paddy had 2 shots at goal on saturday and kicked them both, one a crumbed snap (if you watch that contest he had his man beat, it was membrey's defender that spoiled him) from his own contest, and the other a perfectly executed banana.. this whole paddy being a crap shot at goal is silly. Too small a sample size to decide that kind of thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back