M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Not too worried about their 3 talls forward, if needed down back Jacob Allison is listed as 195cm on lions.com.
McGovern will eat Robertson alive.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mitch McGovern isn't even the best player in his family, massively over rated player, I'll back Nick Robertson to blanket him if he's put on him.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep, it’s not like average players like Tory Dickson haven’t had field days against us despite being horribly out of form before coming up a against us.

Dickson didn't play against us this year - was dropped that week. Prior to last year Dickson's been a decent player actually but I can't remember a game where we tore us up specifically. Yeah, of course average players can have field days against us - they can against a lot of teams.

My tongue in cheek point is that I don't think the Carlton forward line is so strong that we have to change a winning formula in order to combat their height. In fact I actually prefer us going in with a faster, more mobile team like a lot of people do. Some people (not you specifically necessarily) just like Josh Walker and would prefer us to leave out McStay if we were going smaller.

If we were against the GWS talls this week then I'd be worried about the structure but this is Carlton and their forward set up (which their caretaker coach was in charge of) has been dysfunctional all year.

10 PRINT “WE WILL LOSE THIS BECAUSE OF SELECTION”
20 IF TEAM = LOSE GOTO 30 ELSE GOTO 50
30 PRINT “HA HA TOLD YOU SO”
40 END
50 RUN HIDE.EXE
60 END
Irony - Basic.

10 PRINT “WE WILL LOSE THIS BECAUSE OF SELECTION”
20 IF TEAM = LOSE GOTO 30 ELSE GOTO 50
30 PRINT “HA HA TOLD YOU SO”
40 END
50 RUN HIDE.EXE
60 END
Irony - Basic.

Hardly worth the effort, it gets to the point when you have to wonder if Dylan wears a tinfoil hat
He actually borrowed mine and hasn’t given it back. Bring it to the game Dylan12, I need it.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Lets be honest guys, the Blues have been that diabolical over the last few years that our NEAFL side would give them a good run.

If a perceived wrong selection call or 2 is all it takes for our 1st's to lose to the Blues the Lid may need to be screwed back into place, we may have to make calls for another culling of players and rebuild.

You could be a headline writer for a paper, you find conspiracies in almost everything while exaggerating selections or performance at every opportunity.

You obviously hate football or the Lions so I’m not sure why you bother.
Because he is the voice of reason. Diversity of opinion is what makes our little forum so interesting.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Had a shocker had he?

Averaging 8 disposals and 4 marks a game. Had a couple of 5 touch games. Not exactly putting a heap of defensive pressure on either.

He's always been a highlight package rather than a consistent player though, so not a surprise his output has declined in a much weaker team.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Maybe we should put Cam Rayner on the trade table this year and see how valuable the 17 other clubs think he is.

I have supreme confidence in Fagan the assistant coaches and the development staff re Cam and all our players development requirements.

It would be funny if Dylan was actually trolling. Think our coach knows what he's doing he's turned the club around. I don't ever feel that watching a game & then the replay is enough to question the coach who spends most of the week with the players and has lots of stats that we don't have access to.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Irony - Basic.

Can do it in C# if you are in more of an Object Oriented mood, but I'd hate to interrupt the perpetual CoRoutine that you and Dylan are in!

{
public bool AlwaysMiserable = true;

public void TeamSelectionRant()

{

// begin rant
Debug.log ("Look at me!");
TomCutlerWasRobbed();
McStayScapegoat();
PictureOfMySonKickingAFootball();
BarelyRelevantFitzroyAnecdote();
}

}

Last edited:
Well this thread had been an interesting read! Bring on Saturday. Lots to look forward to. Boys playing in the Roy boys jumper with Bulldog Murray’s image on it. Hall of fame dinner. Most importantly an opportunity to consolidate our spot. Hoping to get to training tomorrow to see the boys and then watching the game from level 3 with other lions supporters come Saturday. The lions scarf has had a lovely week of being proudly displayed around my neck on the Lilydale train line this week in cold Melbourne. Go lions!

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Linc McCarthy hasn’t been getting a whole lot more of the footy than Rayner and has only kicked 5 goals in the last 9 games. Why the focus on Rayner and not Linc?
I think McCarthy has been eons better than Rayner . He chases and tackles . At least puts some pressure on. Especially up the ground . He can't be expected to kick goals from there

McCarthy has been good in my eyes . Cam has been a passenger for large portions of games ,no escaping that . I guess it's only his second year and he's a lot younger .

I've got full confidence Cam will be a really good player .

My relatives who've been following the Lions basically forever always raise the same two players when we talk footy . One is how does he get a game and the other is why isn't he getting a game.

Doesn't mean they really know anything I suppose but it is the general talk out there if you aren't on this forum

Can do it in C# if you are in more of an Object Oriented mood, but I'd hate to interrupt the perpetual CoRoutine that you and Dylan are in!

{
public bool AlwaysMiserable = true;

public void TeamSelectionRant()

{

// begin rant
Debug.log ("Look at me!");
TomCutlerWasRobbed;
McStayScapegoat();
PictureOfMySonKickinbyAFootball();
BarelyRelevantFitzroyAnecdote();
}

}
1559817522020.png

I think I can see it. There's some irony stuck up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back