Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
2 ways of seeing it:

Lost to bottom of the ladder circus act who have only won once all season and 4 in 43

Or

Lost to team where their inspirational captain played a once in a season performance and the entire team lifted as a result.

Epically disappointing day for our football club on a day where we should have made bulldog proud
I prefer A.

I think we bought into their story from the coach down

mpal6

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Some positives

Neale and Rich showed they can contribute with no support

Answerth did some terrific things

McStay has found a way to contribute consistently.
McStay shouldve gone to Cripps at some point. Would've had the physique to go with him. But I look at how Essendon played and it was a kid who kept him quiet. Just a bad day for us after 37 points up.

Tom14

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Been on the list long enough. Won’t make it.
At the very least can't work in a ruck tandem - doesn't have other elements to his game. Useful enough backup if Stef gets injured but no point him being in the team unless he is rucking 65% of the game.

jackess

Hall of Famer
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Matho has continues his downward trajectory. No idea why we gave him a contract. Has had over 18 disposals once this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbo_88

Premiership Player
Jan 19, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I hope this is a real wake up call not just for the players but for a bunch of supporters on here. The arrogance that has crept in in recent weeks has been really poor. Many of us have become entitled quicker than Melbourne fans did last year.
Does it really matter if some supporters get carried away and expected a win? I expected us to get up by 30 points and all carlton supporters I know we're just hoping for a competitive game at best.

Fagan isn't talking about finals and rightly so, surely the players would be getting that message very clearly as well as everything else Fagan is saying. He paid Carlton respect when he spoke about them and he refuses to talk about the chance of finals or that we've even had a decent year yet. Do you think our players needed a wake up call and were getting ahead of themselves?

CarterS

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Was worried this may happen, and had money on Carlton as a fail safe. Still feel rubbish.

Rubix WingMan

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Spurs
Some ruckmen have a footy nous.

Bring the ball back to ground from a high kick, provide a contest.

Archie does neither of this, instead punches the ball back into our defensive 50 or gets outmarked.

I cannot believe he is on our list for a few more years.

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
McStay shouldve gone to Cripps at some point. Would've had the physique to go with him. But I look at how Essendon played and it was a kid who kept him quiet. Just a bad day for us after 37 points up.
Yeah. No.

McStay wouldny last 5mins with Cripps.

BeamStar17

BigFooty Rising Star
Oct 10, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Everton, Bucks, Ducks
Today is not the day to pot individuals, no one played well today.

If we beat the Saints down here and Melbourne at the Gabba I’ll feel better about finals but I could see this being the downfall to spiraling out of the 8.

CarterS

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
How bad is Martins kicking skills when he has a kick 12m out on a slight angle and Brown says its a 50/50?

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Matho has continues his downward trajectory. No idea why we gave him a contract. Has had over 18 disposals once this season
I didnt think he was that bad. Our problems started in the ruck and our midfield was beaten from there. Neale well held in the second half.

Matho at least had a crack and is still young.

jackess

Hall of Famer
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Today is not the day to pot individuals, no one played well today.

If we beat the Saints down here and Melbourne at the Gabba I’ll feel better about finals but I could see this being the downfall to spiraling out of the 8.
Will be tough if Zorko and Cameron are out injured or paying injured

jackess

Hall of Famer
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I didnt think he was that bad. Our problems started in the ruck and our midfield was beaten from there. Neale well held in the second half.

Matho at least had a crack and is still young.
His tackling was good. Everything else was appalling.

rockypls

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lead by 40 then decided to stop running...
Some absolutely shocking i50 entries

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
His tackling was good. Everything else was appalling.
He won the footy to have a kick at goal in the last qtr but was leg tired. He was looking for options.

There were more who were culpable.

davemc_lions

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Drop walker and 2 rucks and we lost 2 of those games.
Need to end this 2 ruck idea
Martin and Archie are not forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom