Game Day Round 12, 2019 - Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - Carlton who very nearly beat Collingwood a few weeks ago at the G. Carlton who had a major emotional boost this week. Carlton who at their best are a very good side. And they were at their best today.
Absolutely.

2 ways of seeing it:

Lost to bottom of the ladder circus act who have only won once all season and 4 in 43

Or

Lost to team where their inspirational captain played a once in a season performance and the entire team lifted as a result.

Epically disappointing day for our football club on a day where we should have made bulldog proud

Because McStay was the only dangerous forward
Was not up our forward line much in the second half.
Why most forwards have low stats

Every week I see the 2 ruck as a liability
Big o can at least kick a goal although we down a player in the forward line and around the ground

That’s it Dylan, run a 19 year old kid into the ground on a day when the whole team shat the bed and too many our leaders stood back and watched.

2 ways of seeing it:

Lost to bottom of the ladder circus act who have only won once all season and 4 in 43

Or

Lost to team where their inspirational captain played a once in a season performance and the entire team lifted as a result.

Epically disappointing day for our football club on a day where we should have made bulldog proud
I prefer A.

I think we bought into their story from the coach down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some positives

Neale and Rich showed they can contribute with no support

Answerth did some terrific things

McStay has found a way to contribute consistently.

McStay shouldve gone to Cripps at some point. Would've had the physique to go with him. But I look at how Essendon played and it was a kid who kept him quiet. Just a bad day for us after 37 points up.

Matho has continues his downward trajectory. No idea why we gave him a contract. Has had over 18 disposals once this season

I hope this is a real wake up call not just for the players but for a bunch of supporters on here. The arrogance that has crept in in recent weeks has been really poor. Many of us have become entitled quicker than Melbourne fans did last year.

Does it really matter if some supporters get carried away and expected a win? I expected us to get up by 30 points and all carlton supporters I know we're just hoping for a competitive game at best.

Fagan isn't talking about finals and rightly so, surely the players would be getting that message very clearly as well as everything else Fagan is saying. He paid Carlton respect when he spoke about them and he refuses to talk about the chance of finals or that we've even had a decent year yet. Do you think our players needed a wake up call and were getting ahead of themselves?

McStay shouldve gone to Cripps at some point. Would've had the physique to go with him. But I look at how Essendon played and it was a kid who kept him quiet. Just a bad day for us after 37 points up.
Yeah. No.

McStay wouldny last 5mins with Cripps.

Today is not the day to pot individuals, no one played well today.

If we beat the Saints down here and Melbourne at the Gabba I’ll feel better about finals but I could see this being the downfall to spiraling out of the 8.

Matho has continues his downward trajectory. No idea why we gave him a contract. Has had over 18 disposals once this season
I didnt think he was that bad. Our problems started in the ruck and our midfield was beaten from there. Neale well held in the second half.

Matho at least had a crack and is still young.

Today is not the day to pot individuals, no one played well today.

If we beat the Saints down here and Melbourne at the Gabba I’ll feel better about finals but I could see this being the downfall to spiraling out of the 8.

Will be tough if Zorko and Cameron are out injured or paying injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back