Review Round 12, 2019 - Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nunez

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Picture this.

It's round 23. Us vs Richmond 8th vs 9th. Winner plays finals.

Three quarter time. Scores level.

Fagan enters the huddle to deliver an inspiring speech

"We were 5-16 at this stage last year boys!"

End scene.
Bahahahahahaha mate don't give Dylan nightmares!

BRAB

Just Hip my Wood
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bahahahahahaha mate don't give Dylan nightmares!
2022 grand final

We're playing the suns.

We're up 40-3 5 minutes into the second quarter.

Patrick Cripps is a gold coast sun.

Fagan calls a ZOOPER DOOPER timeout (introduced in 2021) and delivers this fantastic speech to the boys

"We won three in a row in the 2000's so it doesn't matter what happens here boys. Also nobody tag Cripps"

You know what happens next Nunez.

Tom14

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
2022 grand final

We're playing the suns.

Fagan calls a ZOOPER DOOPER timeout (introduced in 2021) and delivers this fantastic speech to the boys

"We won three in a row in the 2000's so it doesn't matter what happens here boys. Also nobody tag Cripps"

By this stage Cam Rayner is the captain of the footy club, and plays as a traditional full forward never leaving the goal square.

He's averaging 8 disposals, 1 mark and 1 goal per game, and whenever he scores fans pull out their cheese graters in celebration!

Nunez

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
2022 grand final

We're playing the suns.

2023 grand final

We're playing the Suns.

We're up 60 to 23 at half time.

Patrick Cripps is still a sun.

BRAB (now the coach as per a succession plan with Fagan after 2022) calls a Zooper Dooper timeout and delivers a fantastic speech to the boys.

"We may have lost last year's grand final, but I killed all responsible for the loss so if you want to live past the final siren then put them down!"

You know what happens next BRAB.

BRAB

Just Hip my Wood
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
2023 grand final

We're playing the Suns.

We're up 60 to 23 at half time.

Patrick Cripps is still a sun.

BRAB (now the coach as per a succession plan with Fagan after 2022) calls a Zooper Dooper timeout and delivers a fantastic speech to the boys.

"We may have lost last year's grand final, but I killed all responsible for the loss so if you want to live past the final siren then put them down!"

You know what happens next BRAB.
BRAB as coach is proof that pale white nerds can succeed at the highest level.

trikster

All Australian
Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
I get it, I get it with the hypotheticals. What I am really wondering is, where is Basti during all of this?
playing for port melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackess

Hall of Famer
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Watching some of our win against the Crows is a good reminder of just how good we can be. Elite pressure.

Paul Mac

Senior List
Jun 5, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Melbourne-based fans .. it is SO hard attending and watching team toss it away. And then wear it from opposition fans. All the way home. Again. And again.
Melbourne fans ( which i am) bloody right it is SO hard attending especially on Saturday when you could hardly see a bloody thing at the game bottom level cheersquad with the bloody stupid roof open. For 2 and half quarters holding my arm up shielding the sun away. Who makes these stupid bloody decisions. Hope saying bloody and stupid does not get me suspended with all the political correctness that is going on with people in the crowd these days, thats if the security could see the people if not already blinded by the sun. ;):thumbsu:

3KZ is Football

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2008
In the grandstand at the Brunswick St. Oval
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Ok, so back at work today after the long weekend and about five colleagues asked exactly the same question, “Why didn’t you guys put a tag on Cripps?” Didn’t know how to respond. Are we any closer to knowing the answer?

3KZ is Football

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2008
In the grandstand at the Brunswick St. Oval
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Melbourne fans ( which i am) could hardly see a bloody thing at the game with the bloody stupid roof open. For 2 and half quarters holding my arm up shielding the sun away. Who makes these stupid bloody decisions. Hope saying bloody and stupid does not get me suspended with all the political correctness that is going on with people in the crowd these days, thats if the security could see the people if not already blinded by the sun. ;):thumbsu:
Sit in Level 3 Aisle 12. No problems with the sun.

Paul Mac

Senior List
Jun 5, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ok, so back at work today after the long weekend and about five colleagues asked exactly the same question, “Why didn’t you guys put a tag on Cripps?” Didn’t know how to respond. Are we any closer to knowing the answer?
Have to sit and watch and have a closer look who maybe was trying but maybe no one just good enough to compete with him.? but then again a second gamer done it for Essendon. Who knows. Maybe Cripps wasn't giving his all against Essendon after being tagged early and not having impact and stunk it up?

jackess

Hall of Famer
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
"They outhunted us, really," Fagan said.
"Structurally, we tried different things to get us back in the game. We were sitting on Cripps until we thought, 'It's not helping us, we better just hunt ourselves' but it's a combination of all those things.

"They were more desperate than what we were. Our midfield has been fantastic for us this year, but today they lowered their colours."

https://www.lions.com.au/news/2019-06-08/fagan-they-were-more-desperate-than-what-we-were

Basically we didn’t have anyone who could do a decent enough job. We had Lyons on him but he was hopeless.

DERRINALPHIL

All Australian
Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Detroit Lions Mercantile C
Hey 3KZ. We use to but our mum getting bit old and not as stable on her feet nowadays so rather ramping it or using lift to level 3 just easier to sit on bottom level with our General admission membership:thumbsu:
I would contact the ground and they may organise a wheel chair. I had a friend that was in a wheel chair for awhile and Marvel Stadium was simply marvellous.

Top Bottom