Review Round 12, 2019 - Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What's not necessary are mindless childish comments. If you have a different opinion to someone try a well reasoned counter argument rather than teen dribble.

You’ll find if you post a well reasoned argument you might be more like to receive a well reasoned counter argument.

I don’t think you’d find any club has a supporter base that completely agrees with the selected 22 each week so just because you disagree with ours doesn’t mean that the coaches have no idea especially when they’ve taken a club from 17 wins in 4 season to 7 wins in half a season.

Do you think Chris Fagan has done a bad job since coming in as coach?

Do you think that the price of milk has increased disproportionately over time to it's value?

I watched Fagan on 360 and none of what he said filled me with any confidence whatsoever.

Fair enough that he is chuffed with having won 6 more games than at the same stage this time last year, but I reckon he is resting on his laurels by not publicly accepting that the club is pretty damned pleased with itself irrespective of having just blown a 40 point lead to the worst team in the comp and dropping other winnable games which should have seen the Lions firmly entrenched in the top 4.

Saturday's loss was even more galling by the fact that all could see Carlton would fight this one out and that Fagan again went in with a side or rather some players that were horribly out of form or simply not up to it, yet did so anyway.

Your expectations are far too skewed my friend. The context of the interview was what he said to the players. Given both he and a fellow top 5 coach in Cameron towed similar company lines and didn't dive into anything too deep I think it's safe to say it was obvious media strategy. Further to that, Fagan never publically slams players and frankly I'm glad he doesn't.

Lastly, there is absolutely no way Fagan was happy with the loss and we'll see some changes come the Saints game.

Chin up man. Let's celebrate a decent first half of the year and look at the break as a chance for the club (and us as supporters) hit reset.

Picture this.

It's round 23. Us vs Richmond 8th vs 9th. Winner plays finals.

Three quarter time. Scores level.

Fagan enters the huddle to deliver an inspiring speech

"We were 5-16 at this stage last year boys!"

End scene.

Picture this.

It's round 23. Us vs Richmond 8th vs 9th. Winner plays finals.

Three quarter time. Scores level.

Fagan enters the huddle to deliver an inspiring speech

"We were 5-16 at this stage last year boys!"

End scene.

Bahahahahahaha mate don't give Dylan nightmares!

Bahahahahahaha mate don't give Dylan nightmares!

2022 grand final

We're playing the suns.

We're up 40-3 5 minutes into the second quarter.

Patrick Cripps is a gold coast sun.

Fagan calls a ZOOPER DOOPER timeout (introduced in 2021) and delivers this fantastic speech to the boys

"We won three in a row in the 2000's so it doesn't matter what happens here boys. Also nobody tag Cripps"

You know what happens next Nunez.

2022 grand final

We're playing the suns.

Fagan calls a ZOOPER DOOPER timeout (introduced in 2021) and delivers this fantastic speech to the boys

"We won three in a row in the 2000's so it doesn't matter what happens here boys. Also nobody tag Cripps"

By this stage Cam Rayner is the captain of the footy club, and plays as a traditional full forward never leaving the goal square.

He's averaging 8 disposals, 1 mark and 1 goal per game, and whenever he scores fans pull out their cheese graters in celebration!

2022 grand final

We're playing the suns.

2023 grand final

We're playing the Suns.

We're up 60 to 23 at half time.

Patrick Cripps is still a sun.

BRAB (now the coach as per a succession plan with Fagan after 2022) calls a Zooper Dooper timeout and delivers a fantastic speech to the boys.

"We may have lost last year's grand final, but I killed all responsible for the loss so if you want to live past the final siren then put them down!"

You know what happens next BRAB.

2023 grand final

We're playing the Suns.

We're up 60 to 23 at half time.

Patrick Cripps is still a sun.

BRAB (now the coach as per a succession plan with Fagan after 2022) calls a Zooper Dooper timeout and delivers a fantastic speech to the boys.

"We may have lost last year's grand final, but I killed all responsible for the loss so if you want to live past the final siren then put them down!"

You know what happens next BRAB.

BRAB as coach is proof that pale white nerds can succeed at the highest level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching some of our win against the Crows is a good reminder of just how good we can be. Elite pressure.

Watching some of our win against the Crows is a good reminder of just how good we can be. Elite pressure.

Also serves as a good reminder that a month of taxing, high pressure football and travel can lead to a lapse in our best.

Melbourne-based fans .. it is SO hard attending and watching team toss it away. And then wear it from opposition fans. All the way home. Again. And again.
Melbourne fans ( which i am) bloody right it is SO hard attending especially on Saturday when you could hardly see a bloody thing at the game bottom level cheersquad with the bloody stupid roof open. For 2 and half quarters holding my arm up shielding the sun away. Who makes these stupid bloody decisions. Hope saying bloody and stupid does not get me suspended with all the political correctness that is going on with people in the crowd these days, thats if the security could see the people if not already blinded by the sun. ;):thumbsu:

Ok, so back at work today after the long weekend and about five colleagues asked exactly the same question, “Why didn’t you guys put a tag on Cripps?” Didn’t know how to respond. Are we any closer to knowing the answer?

Melbourne fans ( which i am) could hardly see a bloody thing at the game with the bloody stupid roof open. For 2 and half quarters holding my arm up shielding the sun away. Who makes these stupid bloody decisions. Hope saying bloody and stupid does not get me suspended with all the political correctness that is going on with people in the crowd these days, thats if the security could see the people if not already blinded by the sun. ;):thumbsu:
Sit in Level 3 Aisle 12. No problems with the sun.

Melbourne-based fans .. it is SO hard attending and watching team toss it away. And then wear it from opposition fans. All the way home. Again. And again.
We did beat North Melbourne this year at Docklands.

Ok, so back at work today after the long weekend and about five colleagues asked exactly the same question, “Why didn’t you guys put a tag on Cripps?” Didn’t know how to respond. Are we any closer to knowing the answer?
Have to sit and watch and have a closer look who maybe was trying but maybe no one just good enough to compete with him.? but then again a second gamer done it for Essendon. Who knows. Maybe Cripps wasn't giving his all against Essendon after being tagged early and not having impact and stunk it up?

Fages was on the sauce.

Back