Preview Round 12, 2020: St.Kilda v Essendon - Gabba, Sunday 16th August, 3:35PM AEST *JONES 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Bombers

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
jNuEKvV.png

Hind ironically was a liability going i50, but then again the whole team was as well. Dont think he keeps his spot
Him taking that advantaging, doing a shitty dribble kick that didnt work then missing that shot on goal a minute later did it for me.

Thats a dropping worthy sequence of events.

Despite the belting, selections are going to be very difficult given Bytel's performance.

Jones and Ryder and straight in. Ross is also you would think.

But other than Phillips, there are no obvious omissions without either (a) changing our structure by dropping a small forward for a midfielder, or (b) making a statement. It would be surprising to me to drop either Hind or Kent given our reliance on crumbing goals, and Ratten's big wraps for both of them in the last couple of weeks.

Geary and Hill both deserve to be dropped, but both would be massive calls to make, and Ratten has yet to show he has a liking for headline making omissions.

Despite the belting, selections are going to be very difficult given Bytel's performance.

Jones and Ryder and straight in. Ross is also you would think.

But other than Phillips, there are no obvious omissions without either (a) changing our structure by dropping a small forward for a midfielder, or (b) making a statement. It would be surprising to me to drop either Hind or Kent given our reliance on crumbing goals, and Ratten's big wraps for both of them in the last couple of weeks.

Geary and Hill both deserve to be dropped, but both would be massive calls to make, and Ratten has yet to show he has a liking for headline making omissions.
I dont think Phillips is an obvious omission after tonight.
He kicked half our goals for a start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way they will drop Bytel.
And judging by Ratts’ very calm, measured presser, they won’t be omitting Hill either.

Last edited:
No way they will drop Bytel.
And judging by Ratts’ very calm, measured presser, they won’t be omitting Hill either.

What did Ratts say? I couldn't watch, it was too much like the Richo days of listening to excuse making.

What did Ratts say? I couldn't watch, it was too much like the Richo days of listening to excuse making.
As Diehard said, it was a measured presser. Spoke of our lack of pressure and the fact we can't be losing games by big margins like that.

Said about Hill that we need to give him the footy when he's in space, just like the commentary team were saying.

Had big praises on Bytel. Basically said that was a positive and something for the list manager to say we've found a player here.

Was a good presser. No excuse making. Worth a listen.

I don't think there's much wrong with the players we're fielding, rather their recent workload management. And another gameplan from what we've done all year, could see the Cats shutting that down ages ago.

The only one who should be dropped is Geary. Poor bugger is past it. I think quite a few guys would be more capable of whatever role he's had. He's a good leader, he should know this.

Last edited:
Him taking that advantaging, doing a shitty dribble kick that didnt work then missing that shot on goal a minute later did it for me.

Thats a dropping worthy sequence of events.
You lot would eat your own young. One week kicking goals best you've seen. Bad game , get rid of him. Tried hard to get in the game and made mistakes. Has only played 17 games but you expect him to play like someone with 100 + game experience. Was a poor game from most but why not hang him out to dry. I'm sure when you are pkaying your afl games this week you'll do much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back