Preview Round 12, 2020: St.Kilda v Essendon - Gabba, Sunday 16th August, 3:35PM AEST *JONES 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Bombers

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew Ratts didn't have the guts to drop Geary. He is not a coach's a-hole FFS. How the fu** does Geary deserve to be in the side but he drops Phillips? He is a fu**head. Banger Harvey should be our coach FFS. And there you have all the proof you need to realise why this club has 27 wooden spoons FFS.

giphy (23).gif

He has at least shown that he is worth offering a contract which will give him more opportunity in the future.
Yeah while I’m not sold he has a future at afl, he is a competent back up and we are pretty thin in the mids... hill and Billings get injured, he is a handy to guy to have around...

At what cost? It's all fine when we're a club not making finals. But this season, carrying players could cost us finals, forget top 4.
The coaches must feel that Geary playing a specific role deep forward isn't detrimental to our chance of winning while the extra time JB/Hill/Sinclair get on the wing is better for our chance of winning than if they had to split it with Phillips as well.

Unfair to Phillips but thats football.

Dropping a kid after a team high 2 goals, 16 disposals with 100% de is just confidence breaking. From the 2 games he has played so far he shows he can play. Hope the coaching staff were clear with him why he has been dropped.

I know he played well and I’m a fan of his last game (only), but 16 disposals on a wing isn’t amaze-balls? He should have played with same vigor in his first game too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Call me crazy but id play Ross predominantly wing and JB inside...

Ross sweeping behind the contest works imo. Hill on the other wing I reckon that's a better set up than Ross playing inside not winning the ball
If JB can consistently win his own ball, then I’m all for it.

The coaches must feel that Geary playing a specific role deep forward isn't detrimental to our chance of winning while the extra time JB/Hill/Sinclair get on the wing is better for our chance of winning than if they had to split it with Phillips as well.

Unfair to Phillips but thats football.
Would have been three games in 10 for Phillips who hadn't played for a year.

Reckon he is better placed to stay on the list though. His two games were sound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have been three games in 10 for Phillips who hadn't played for a year.

Reckon he is better placed to stay on the list though. His two games were sound.
He shown he is good depth for us, which we need.
Or at least shown to another club he is worth a chance next year which is good for him.

Yep, I reckon Phillips is very unlucky to be omitted. Played pretty well compared to a lot of others
I remember down at Geelong around 2007 that the push was to play younger players over mature or middle rung players, and it paid off for them. I hope younger players get every chance under Ratts

Dropping a kid after a team high 2 goals, 16 disposals with 100% de is just confidence breaking. From the 2 games he has played so far he shows he can play. Hope the coaching staff were clear with him why he has been dropped.
Well next time it better be 4 goals 32 disposals and 200% efficiency!!

I remember down at Geelong around 2007 that the push was to play younger players over mature or middle rung players, and it paid off for them. I hope younger players get every chance under Ratts
at least everyone is getting a crack , this weeks team looks strong - Carlisle will be a loss but Battle should be able to fill the void to give him a break for the challenge next week.

at least everyone is getting a crack , this weeks team looks strong - Carlisle will be a loss but Battle should be able to fill the void to give him a break for the challenge next week.

I hope Battle cements his spot in the back 6 over Carlisle, much better by foot and a lot quicker

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is the sort of crap that promotes a "bugger you Jack I'm all right" attitude.

Exactly the opposite.

This is the sort of “crap” that shows our players that they will be treated with respect if they have earned it.

**Ross had to be begged to give Kosi his 200th and it made him even more unpopular with players.

There is still something called loyalty, and especially to one club players who have served the club well. Gears has gone from rookie pick to captain of a foundation footy club. He is obviously very well respected by the club and his peers. And by most of us on here, I’ll bet.

**Edit : Watters.

Last edited:
Fully expect Lonie and Ross to have good games , this game is so important - playing the Bombers after 3 days off hopefully we can get a win and increase our %.
Need King or Membery to kick a bag.
Hopefully the time off has helped Ross. We need him at his best in this next block of games.

Lonie just needs to do the simple things and he will be fine. And to stop trying to kick them from 50m when he cant kick that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back