Autopsy Round 12, 2020: St.Kilda v Essendon *JONES 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

I dislike Essendon as much or more than any team out there and this does not detract from the fact that they have ongoing systemic issues with their drafting recruiting and development and if I was a Don's supporter I could well see why the likes of RoCo went off on a nuclear melt after our game. They have been terrible for 16 plus years, at the most it should take 8 to 10 years to build a decent team, and Dodoro is a spud, may he stay forever but...

to attack and destroy the team on that performance flies in the face of reality. They had a multitude of players injured and they were coming off a four day break after busting a gut to beat GC. They were as flat as a s**t carters hat, as we have seen most team off a four day break. they were never going to win and to lose by only 6 goals wasn't a bad performance.

i heard RoCo going off about the second half. If they didn't play like that it would have been a 12 goals plus loss. They minimised the damage and squared the second half. I think it is harsh for this game in isolation however as Rohan said in the past 15 years they have developed Jobe Watson F/S, Daniher F/S, and maybe Heppell, just a bit better than a gop.

have to agree that is pretty piss weak developing. All goes down to Dodoro, been there 25 year, what has he done this century?

We are doing a very good job of developing at the same time as winning. It is a very tough balance but there are little moments where you can see them doing it. At half time Bytel had played 56% game time (about 27 minutes). Game pretty much sewn up at half time (unless we went full St Kilda) and he gets 44 minutes in the second half. It might have just gone that he was a bit unlucky with rotations in the first half, but I like that they made sure he got a good run in the second half.

Sorry it's not about "us" or "them" or "chips on shoulders".

I just love footy and I'm all about fairness and equity.

Any serious football watcher finds it ludicicrous that Ming has not been nominated as a Rising Star given the role he is playing.

Sorry it's not about "us" or "them" or "chips on shoulders".

I just love footy and I'm all about fairness and equity.

Any serious football watcher finds it ludicicrous that Ming has not been nominated as a Rising Star given the role he is playing.

Disagree. I have watched most Saints games this year. Max King has shown a lot of potential, and some glimpses but never ripped a game apart enough or announced himself enough to warrant a nomination.

Generally speaking, there's usually been a better game played by other youngsters in the same round - never once did I feel Max King deserved the nomination more than the player who got it.

People can claim Ming's been heavily restricted by backmen, but that's the deal in that position. I expect him to learn how to deal with it, he's got no future if he can't. But he can and will. He's a raw kid, played next to zero footy for 2 seasons prior, I'm happy to let him develop naturally. I'm confident he will be a star.

But now? He's doing fine, not blitzing the comp, not failing. Yes, he could have kicked a few bags; could have flown to the moon if he had wings too. As it is, his tally of 3 goals in his last game is his maximum so far IIRC. Dropped a few marks, faded out of games, never had a complete game. He's going to soon, but for now he's like a newborn giraffe still finding his feet, and that's good enough for our 12-game number 12.

I dislike Essendon as much or more than any team out there and this does not detract from the fact that they have ongoing systemic issues with their drafting recruiting and development and if I was a Don's supporter I could well see why the likes of RoCo went off on a nuclear melt after our game. They have been terrible for 16 plus years, at the most it should take 8 to 10 years to build a decent team, and Dodoro is a spud, may he stay forever but...

to attack and destroy the team on that performance flies in the face of reality. They had a multitude of players injured and they were coming off a four day break after busting a gut to beat GC. They were as flat as a sh*t carters hat, as we have seen most team off a four day break. they were never going to win and to lose by only 6 goals wasn't a bad performance.

i heard RoCo going off about the second half. If they didn't play like that it would have been a 12 goals plus loss. They minimised the damage and squared the second half. I think it is harsh for this game in isolation however as Rohan said in the past 15 years they have developed Jobe Watson F/S, Daniher F/S, and maybe Heppell, just a bit better than a gop.

have to agree that is pretty piss weak developing. All goes down to Dodoro, been there 25 year, what has he done this century?

He sounds as hyperbolic as I do after a loss. Essendon mentally broke themselves with the drug saga. Something inside the place broke and they should have moved everyone on in hindsight. Their best side should be playing off for a premiership in the last few years. Injury is an excuse this year but it doesn't excuse the years of gutless performance.

Heppell, Merrett, Zaca, Shiel, Fantasia, Tippa, Hooker, Hurley, Bellchambers, Parish, Stewart, Stringer, Townsend, Saad, Mc Grath and Daniher are a top 4 side on paper and have half a dozen more good or developing players. Looking at our list side by side they should be a much better bet. Something inside broke under Hird and the fish faced drug dealer.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. This will help ...

View attachment 937617
F**k me. You know you are a rabble when somebody suggests hiring Hird might actually HELP the situation
May the circus never stop. I've heard that Collective Mind are running pretty successful camps if Essendon want to look into that? tenor.gif

Disagree. I have watched most Saints games this year. Max King has shown a lot of potential, and some glimpses but never ripped a game apart enough or announced himself enough to warrant a nomination.

Generally speaking, there's usually been a better game played by other youngsters in the same round - never once did I feel Max King deserved the nomination more than the player who got it.

People can claim Ming's been heavily restricted by backmen, but that's the deal in that position. I expect him to learn how to deal with it, he's got no future if he can't. But he can and will. He's a raw kid, played next to zero footy for 2 seasons prior, I'm happy to let him develop naturally. I'm confident he will be a star.

But now? He's doing fine, not blitzing the comp, not failing. Yes, he could have kicked a few bags; could have flown to the moon if he had wings too. As it is, his tally of 3 goals in his last game is his maximum so far IIRC. Dropped a few marks, faded out of games, never had a complete game. He's going to soon, but for now he's like a newborn giraffe still finding his feet, and that's good enough for our 12-game number 12.

Agree, you don't play a good game and get a nomination, you have to play a good game and have no-one else play a better game in that week, or play a few games in a row where it gets embarrassing that they haven't given you one. He's just hinting at doing something spectacular so far, the scary thing is that he looks like he's had an average game when he kicks three goal and should have had 6. He was incredible in the first 2 minutes of the game and then just sort of drifted along for the rest of it with a couple of flashes of brilliance in between. That kind of reminds me of G Train in the day, he's thaw out in the sun strike a few daggers through the oppositions heart then go back into hibernation. He'd play 10 minutes of intense footy and do more damage than most do in 2 hours.

Heppell, Merrett, Zaca, Shiel, Fantasia, Tippa, Hooker, Hurley, Bellchambers, Parish, Stewart, Stringer, Townsend, Saad, Mc Grath and Daniher are a top 4 side on paper and have half a dozen more good or developing players. Looking at our list side by side they should be a much better bet. Something inside broke under Hird and the fish faced drug dealer.

But they have proven to be just names. Apart from Cotchin, Dusty, Riewoldt, Vance and one or two others, 2017 Richmond were seen to be a pack of nobody gop's.

The Essendon propaganda machine has lulled people into thinking all those names you mentioned plus, Devon Smith and Shiels are worldbeaters and Dodoro is the master recruiter and trader.
According to some he wins trade period every year :rolleyes:. The have not won a final in 16 years, have not been top 4 since 2002. This is where delusions and propaganda meet reality.

And the reality is that all those names look good on paper, however the game is played on grass. Results speak for themselves.

it isn't the drug saga, they have a case of the Carlton,s where modern football doesn't equate to their belief system of them having a divine right to be a good football team.

Players have got nominations already this year in games where they've had much less impact than King had on the weekend.

We took clark 1 pick after this guy as a midfielder but we are still obseesed with playing him of hbf.

Screenshot_20200818-162747_AFL.jpg

Clarke should be on the same path but we just keep finding ways to stifle our possible stars. Wake the * up stkilda.

to attack and destroy the team on that performance flies in the face of reality. They had a multitude of players injured and they were coming off a four day break after busting a gut to beat GC. They were as flat as a sh*t carters hat, as we have seen most team off a four day break. they were never going to win and to lose by only 6 goals wasn't a bad performance.

Hard agree. My most hated team, but they are crippled right now. I thought they actually did alright against us, all things considered. One of the rare times our team has had more experience than the opposition!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How on earth could anyone be unhappy at how Hunter Clark is tracking this year?
We took clark 1 pick after this guy as a midfielder but we are still obseesed with playing him of hbf.

View attachment 938935

Clarke should be on the same path but we just keep finding ways to stifle our possible stars. Wake the fu** up stkilda.

View attachment 938935

Clarke should be on the same path but we just keep finding ways to stifle our possible stars. Wake the fu** up stkilda.

Clark playing the Hodge role. Bytel straight into the guts

He sounds as hyperbolic as I do after a loss. Essendon mentally broke themselves with the drug saga. Something inside the place broke and they should have moved everyone on in hindsight. Their best side should be playing off for a premiership in the last few years. Injury is an excuse this year but it doesn't excuse the years of gutless performance.

I'd love to hear you on a podcast after a loss.

View attachment 938935

I don’t even slightly get that. How was hodge career? You keep finding ways to find fault. Love the way we use Clark.

Well we didn;t , we took clarke the year before, and we took max king 3 picks before smith just btw

View attachment 938935

Mate, I'd love to do a podcast with Gringo and Joffaboy after a win or a loss. I'd just be the Ed Chamberlain (or Gerard Whateley) to their Roy Keane and Jamie Carragher (or Mark Robinson or Garry Lyon). Reckon we'd be on the AFL website within the year and could quit our day jobs, how about it fellas?
I'd love to hear you on a podcast after a loss.

But they have proven to be just names. Apart from Cotchin, Dusty, Riewoldt, Vance and one or two others, 2017 Richmond were seen to be a pack of nobody gop's.

The Essendon propaganda machine has lulled people into thinking all those names you mentioned plus, Devon Smith and Shiels are worldbeaters and Dodoro is the master recruiter and trader.
According to some he wins trade period every year :rolleyes:. The have not won a final in 16 years, have not been top 4 since 2002. This is where delusions and propaganda meet reality.

And the reality is that all those names look good on paper, however the game is played on grass. Results speak for themselves.

it isn't the drug saga, they have a case of the Carlton,s where modern football doesn't equate to their belief system of them having a divine right to be a good football team.

Should go and read the trade thread on the Essendon board, they are talking about trading a lot of those.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back