Troystenvic

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
BLOODY BRILLIANT !!!!

Super effort tonight. Glad we could put them away

Rowbottom is fast becoming my favourite player. Hard to believe he is only 19. Composed, has a dig and has footy smarts.

Blakey was good tonight. Great way to boost the confidence. He worked hard.

Rampe was epic. A seriously good and consistent footballer.

Dawson has been good the last month and was rewarded well with some nice goals.

Great to see us take on the corridor and get some reward for effort.

We play like this all the time and it will set us up nicely for the future.

ALL GWS GOALS OFF RUBBISH FREE KICKS. Their entire score was umpires decisions. (grrr) equals their lowest score ever.

Great effort considering the age profile of our team and the fact that we are missing some of our best players too.

*the children are asleep with their swans tops on. The world is ok for a moment.

Last edited:

blakey melican performing was important for us
team worked in packs, ran for each other

win is a bonus, well a smashing win, we were similarly good v the pies as well

another pleasing team workrate effort

papley gives us so much energy, parker , rampe as well

rowbottom is a future star

i like mills year

Back 6 impenetrable
Rowbottom is an absolute bull
Blakey gloriously returned to form
Sinclair smashed Jacobs in the ruck
Hayward nullified Haynes
Papley created things with every touch
Dawson was potent up forward
Parker led from the front in the guts
As an icing on the cake, we got goals to Foot, Bell and Stephens

The complete performance and best win in over a year

Best the back 6/7 have played all year , stingy af and worked well. Mills stays there for aswell as a general.

Still don’t rate florent highly

Fox is doing no worries , underrated
Dawson in form

Stephens looks better and better each , we got one right I hope.

Blakey needs to play around the ball , was actually good inside , not a KPP imo.

Hayward did his role well

Rowbottom just competes

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best game we have played in two seasons. Every single player played their part

O’riordan - best game for the swans tonight. Good one on one, and composed with ball

Papley great with his 1%, and not trying to be the hero every play

Sinclair really good tonight.

Blakey. Credit where it is due. I struggled to see/remember the player he was supposed to be... but tonight showed what he is capable of. Hope he can kick on

Melican, tonight was back to the player we saw 2 years ago

Back 6, were incredible. Really liking the makeup and cohesion... swans DNA

Pressure around the ball. Loved what wicks, etc have brought to the contest

Really liking Bell, he works super hard. He’s looking really fit compared to when he first popped up. Quick and two way running

Stephens decision making for a first year player was amazing. Not racking up huge numbers yet but you can see he has a cool head.
Could write lots more about Mills, Dawson, rampe etc ... really was a complete team performance

• Rowbottom. I mean...
  • Both fantastic and frustrating that all three of their goals came from incredibly soft free-kicks.
  • Loved that even though Paps had an 'almost' night (and got some horrific calls and non-calls against him. Credit to Shaw for being good at this but Paps got tackled at least twice running on to a ball with nothing, and the HTB when he'd collected and had two steps was pretty bad in the context of what was paid tonight) he still had an impact. Killing himself to get a tap on to an open man, sprinting from 40 metres away to attempt a shepherd. Love him.
  • Backs were brilliant.
  • Liked Foot in. A few hiccups but seemed to play smart and make good choices.

Easy to get worked up by a good game like tonight. There's still shitloads to work on and we're still a bottom 4 team, but I'll enjoy this one on replay and let the coaching panel work out the areas for improvement.

Change the title pls Swans hold Giants goalless

That was a rare perfect 4 quarter performance with special mentions to Rampe, Melican, Sinclair and Rowbottom, i couldnt find a player that didnt win his position.
No we aren't the Dawks. Show respect to the opposition. Even in victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back