Autopsy Round 12, 2020: Sydney 10.6.66 DEF GWS 0.7.7

Remove this Banner Ad

Our forward line functioned well with 33 inside 50 entries resulting in 18 scoring shots. We also took 7 marks compared to the Giants 4 from 53 entries,

However Reid and McCartin as our two key forwards had little impact on the game. They add an important element of structure as all key forwards targets do, but do we utilise them properly? Maybe it would be different if Buddy was in the team.

Our forward line functioned well with 33 inside 50 entries resulting in 18 scoring shots. We also took 7 marks compared to the Giants 4 from 53 entries,

However Reid and McCartin as our two key forwards had little impact on the game. They add an important element of structure as all key forwards targets do, but do we utilise them properly? Maybe it would be different if Buddy was in the team.
Think part of it was because the Giants like to intercept mark. Kept a lot of space and allowed Hayward to basically take Haynes out of the game

I don't think our key forwards have ever functioned well as a unit, even going back to the Buddy/Tippett era. We need to do some serious work on the training track with our leading patterns, communication, contested marking etc with the talls, because the smalls have held up their end of the bargain in recent times.

Did caesar get hacked? :oops:

Hahaha I'm glad to say that no I haven't been hacked! I thought he balanced out the things that usually give me the shits with some real moments of poise and class. My favourite moment would have to be his spin out of trouble early in the first that drew an audible "WOAH" from the crowd!

have to say GWS played like they bet on Sydney
Nah. They were just softer at the contest. They wanted someone else to do the hard work so they could get the easy ball and look like a star. Which is what normally happens when we play them

Nah. They were just softer at the contest. They wanted someone else to do the hard work so they could get the easy ball and look like a star. Which is what normally happens when we play them

yeah they were absymal in their effort, soft as butter

Four days on and I am still stunned. Watched the full replay twice, no doubt with my mouth wide open. In the midst of grim times that win stands out as a riot of **good times**.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 12: Sydney v Greater Western Sydney
10 – Luke Parker (SYD)
4 – Dane Rampe (SYD)
4 – James Rowbottom (SYD)
3 – Jordan Dawson (SYD)
3 – Josh Kelly (GWS)
2 – Lewis Melican (SYD)
2 – Nick Blakey (SYD)
1 – Jake Lloyd (SYD)
1 – Callum Sinclair (SYD)

Even the coaches had some different opinions on who played well

10 – Luke Parker (SYD)
4 – Dane Rampe (SYD)
3 – Jordan Dawson (SYD)
3 – Josh Kelly (GWS)
2 – Lewis Melican (SYD)
2 – Nick Blakey (SYD)
1 – Jake Lloyd (SYD)

Horse must've given Josh Kelly 3 votes. He was arguably our best mid all night.

10 – Luke Parker (SYD)
4 – Dane Rampe (SYD)
3 – Jordan Dawson (SYD)
3 – Josh Kelly (GWS)
2 – Lewis Melican (SYD)
2 – Nick Blakey (SYD)
1 – Jake Lloyd (SYD)

That’s a fascinating vote list.