Review Round 12, 2021 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

we throw it about average i'd say. unless my bias is showing, I don't think we have one of the overt throwers some teams have (or the doggies as a whole ;))

1 in 100 I say
Could be right.

I'm talking blatant ones , straight out throws like Mumford in the GWS final ,say 1 in 6 .

Then you've got the half handballs that are barely fisted , the shovels from ground level to a player running past to mid riff height , the scoops and the over the head ones.

It's amazing how many supporters focus on fixing the backs or forwards when our midfield gets dominant. Shows a complete misunderstanding of the game.
fair point 'jackess' but it doesn't help either the lack of speed across the centre half back line as the Swans clearly exploited back in round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the same token we should have kept holding onto Petracca and Oliver at every stoppage. Yes the umpires pinged us a few times, but better to have a free paid against with a chance to slow play up than let them have a chance of running out the front.
I tend to agree. We couldn't stick a tackle on them but as the game was slipping away we should have just blocked and infringed on them. The damage was the way they burst from the stoppages/clearances.

Oliver and Petracca types are rare as hens teeth. We just need to rotate Rayner, Berry and hopefully Cockatoo through the middle

Cam’s no certainty to transition to mid, fitness the query
Berry can run all day though not explosive
Cockatoo our best hope and that depends on his body

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oliver and Petracca types are rare as hens teeth. We just need to rotate Rayner, Berry and hopefully Cockatoo through the middle

I don’t expect any of them to be the next Petracca that’s why I suggested 3 to rotate through. They don’t have to do it all game just when they’re on the ball.

I don’t expect any of them to be the next Petracca that’s why I suggested 3 to rotate through. They don’t have to do it all game just when they’re on the ball.
Agree all three need to get a good season in un interrupted
Cam before he did his knee had the best run
Cockatoo we all know his story
Although Berry had Glandular Fever, Shoulder and then groin.. so not been great as well
Same as everyone keeps saying bring Answerth back he seems to have problems again. plays 1 or 2 games injured as well
Payne out for weeks every year so too Adams and Dizzy. Very few weeks all three backs available.
Add CEY to the injured all the time. E Smith, Joyce and Archie as well.
All the talk we are a injury free destination not 100%
Yes Daniher going well so too Linc and Birchall. Although all three where pretty right to go when they got here after bad years beforehand.
So we kept them on the park more then magic cure.

While I don't think Rayner & Voss are like for like. Rayner can become our big bodied bull in the middle that throws his body around in the contest.
I was about to reply the same thing.
If he is becoming/becomes what we want him to he could be a huge asset in the midfield as our big strong body that is willing to use his body as a battering ram the same we that Voss did.
Voss type players pop up probably once in a generation so its hard to imagine that Rayner will be as good as Voss but I think he can help us in an area our midfield is lacking IMO.

This just reads like sour grapes to be honest mate.

Plenty of throws go unchecked each week.

How is that sour grapes ? He is throwing the ball? He has been doing it forever. I'm sick of people praising him and Western Bulldogs players about their great hands when all they do it throw it out. Their was one last night where he scooped it up and threw to player running past and bang into the forward 50 ! Sure they can miss the odd one but Oliver gets away with a plenty. It's not skilful it's cheating.

Zorko had 22 disposals, a goal and 10 (ten) tackles....that's four more tackles than any other player on the ground.

He busts his gut week in week out and bleeds Brisbane Lions/

I get so sick of the whining about his so called "ill-discipline"
He does give away stupid free kicks but I think that some players and people possibly most will need to play on the edge to bring the intensity that Zorko brings sometimes.

He is a shocking immature captain . Great when things go his way as soon as team isn’t going well he is diving and staging for free kicks or talking way too much lip . Sooner we move on and make Harris captain the better as far as I’m concerned .

He does give away stupid free kicks but I think that some players and people possibly most will need to play on the edge to bring the intensity that Zorko brings sometimes.

Back