Autopsy Round 12, 2021: Sydney v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

re the Nick Hind discussion

There was a lot said coming from both sides of that debate. That's why so much was said. Lots of posts saying the club have zero responsibility for how he was handled at our club.
But you don't like one side of the argument. So you focusing on that is a choice.

What's happened here is pretty simple.

I argued that Hind should be played at HB (in the midst of most people bagging him) & was very disappointed we let him go (as I was with Parker).

Not sure what you’re on about.

Hind was a tiny part of the toys out of the cot, petulant & mostly unfair carry on of the last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give a rough idea when the 4 were and I will take another look.

There was a handball thrid quater to Steele streaming ahead, missed him and went the other way goal. Last quarter, scrubbed kick into f50, straight down other end, goal) that was when we had a run on. Same in first had run on, turned it over, goal and again in the second I believe.....3 of 4 we had a run on and it killed the momentum. Just as bad as kicking behinds...except you don't score!

Yep.
Negative, positive it’s all part of being in the St Kilda roller coaster ride. I’m mostly happy to read it all and mea culpa after a frustrating loss.

I just can’t handle the would’ve, could’ve, should’ve’s regarding Bont, Petracca, Hind etc etc situations and blaming past recruiters ad nauseum.
I mean, what’s the point, it’s done?
How is your hangover this morning?
😜

But that’s sort of the point isn’t it?

Mia fevola had a page yesterday about being diagnosed coeliac. Tayla Harris is still getting press about wanting more money.

The Lloyd story would have been back page on a Wednesday sort of gear if we were Carlton and Collingwood.

Young first round draft pick refused session with longtime mentor after going at 30% kicking for goal. Eh it’s the saints, no one cares.

More likely that most of the media saw it for what it was... a beat up by Lloyd & his Ch 9 cohorts.

Ignored was the Max has never been a great kick at goal... even when Lloyd was his full time coach

There was a handball thrid quater to Steele streaming ahead, missed him and went the other way goal. Last quarter, scrubbed kick into f50, straight down other end, goal) that was when we had a run on. Same in first had run on, turned it over, goal and again in the second I believe.....3 of 4 we had a run on and it killed the momentum. Just as bad as kicking behinds...except you don't score!
Had a quick look and reckon we are drawing a slightly long bow. He went 100% DE and zero turnovers in Q1 so there was nothing there, the grubber In Q4 that resulted in a goal was the Clav handball to a swan in the goal square. The handball to Steele I assume, was a the one to Sinclair , but there were 5 kicks and a free kick before the goal was kicked. Couldn't find the other.
Agree that the grubber and the Sinclair handball were not good, but my point is there were plenty as bad if not worse. My issue is why pick on one bloke and look through the rest. Our skills across the board need to get better if we are to compete with the best

Last edited:
More likely that most of the media saw it for what it was... a beat up by Lloyd & his Ch 9 cohorts.

Ignored was the Max has never been a great kick at goal... even when Lloyd was his full time coach

Big difference between being a head coach of an entire team and focusing solely on one players goal kicking routine. Can't be compared at all. The idea that Lloyd has coached Max in a team before, therefor isn't worth pursuing to help his goalkicking is laughable.

Well… Max hasn't looked much chop in 7 or 8 games out of 11 this year, so any criticism I have isn't just based off yesterday, I've backed him in to keep playing earlier and while I'm not going to give him a massive roast, he's not playing very well, confidence looks shot. If he wasn't injured, he'd be looking at getting dropped purely on form.

Hope his back is not serious though.

Had a quick look and reckon we are drawing a slightly long bow. He went 100% DE and zero turnovers in Q1 so there was nothing there, the grubber In Q4 that resulted in a goal was the Clav handball to a swan in the goal square. The handball to Steele I assume, was a the one to Sinclair , but there were 5 kicks and a free kick before the goal was kicked. Couldn't find the other.
Agree that the grubber and the Sinclair handball were not good, but my point is there were plenty as bad if not worse. My issue is why pick on one bloke and look through the rest. Our skills across the board need to get better if we are to compete with the best
His missed handball in the middle in the 2nd qtr directly cost a goal within 15 seconds. They kicked another straight from the next centre bounce. 2 in a minute. Total momentum swing.
His kick in the last qtr was quite comical. I had a chuckle.

His missed handball in the middle in the 2nd qtr directly cost a goal within 15 seconds. They kicked another straight from the next centre bounce. 2 in a minute. Total momentum swing.
That missed handball should be a career killer

I argued that Hind should be played at HB (in the midst of most people bagging him) & was very disappointed we let him go (as I was with Parker).

Not sure what you’re on about.

Hind was a tiny part of the toys out of the cot, petulant & mostly unfair carry on of the last few weeks.

You brought it up in the post i quoted. You seem unhappy it was being discussed in the trade thread. What i'm on about is that particular conversation had two sides. That's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting really tired of the Dunstan pile on. You see what you want to see. It's a team wide affliction not just one bloke. What about Sinclair straight to papley, Howard ootf, hill handball straight to buddy, hill mid field smother, Ross from five metres out, Webster two turn over kicks in the last, Byrnes look away handball, Byrnes kick over membreys head, Butler over the head handball, Higgins, Ming goal kicking, Steele ootf, membreys kick out smother, clav backwards handball, etc etc. The point is across the board our skills wilted under pressure and it's not just one bloke.
Add some mistakes from the coaching bench like when they forgot to tell the forwards who was supposed to ruck when Membrey was down back.

The only problem with Dunstan having 4 clangers a week is that he actually has to have 14 a week for Bytel to be a better option.

Can't blame clav when he was put in that situation by Dunstan. No s**t kick, no pressure running back towards swans goals on a second gamer to hit a target he's moving away from. And we can blame Dunstan because DE is a useless stat. Watch every touch of his from his supposedly 100% accurate first quarter and tell me you don't think 1 touch went awry. It's an absolute joke of a stat and covers up criminals like him and McKenzie who slam it on the boot every time and get an "effective disposal" cos it went over 30m to a contest.

Can't blame clav when he was put in that situation by Dunstan. No sh*t kick, no pressure running back towards swans goals on a second gamer to hit a target he's moving away from. And we can blame Dunstan because DE is a useless stat. Watch every touch of his from his supposedly 100% accurate first quarter and tell me you don't think 1 touch went awry. It's an absolute joke of a stat and covers up criminals like him and McKenzie who slam it on the boot every time and get an "effective disposal" cos it went over 30m to a contest.
No problem with Clav, 2nd game rookie mistake and it will happen, but Dunstan kick was not THE direct cause of the goal.
Agree that stats don't tell the full story, but100%DE plus zero t/O's would suggest no career ending howlers.
Anyway my point was never about defending Dunstan, it was about some people's target one bloke and look past the same if not worse mistakes from the others.
Across the board yesterday our overall skill level was poor, something Ratts commented on. And poor from a number of our skilled players. I think it's a wider problem

No problem with Clav, 2nd game rookie mistake and it will happen, but Dunstan kick was not THE direct cause of the goal.
Agree that stats don't tell the full story, but100%DE plus zero t/O's would suggest no career ending howlers.
Anyway my point was never about defending Dunstan, it was about some people's target one bloke and look past the same if not worse mistakes from the others.
Across the board yesterday our overall skill level was poor, something Ratts commented on. And poor from a number of our skilled players. I think it's a wider problem
You can only pin 2 things on Dunstan.

the missed handball as pointed out by other posters as we broke through the middle and the poor inside 50 kick in the last.

outside of that. I really didn’t mind him.

It absolutely was the direct cause. It started the chain of events that lead to goal by a critical turn over while all our players were positioned aggressively assuming the opposition wouldn't have possession of the ball 5 seconds later. It is the pinpoint at which their chain of free movement through the middle of the ground started.
Agree our skill level is below par but Dunny is the worst of them all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back