Preview Round 12, 2022: Hawthorn v Collingwood, MCG 2:10pm Sunday 5th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some defenders with Scrim and Frost out, Morris will need to play, it's one or the other.
Look, I may be a bit slow, but to me it looks like we have named 6 defenders in the 18 plus DGB and Hartigan. How many do you believe are necessary?

Look, I may be a bit slow, but to me it looks like we have named 6 defenders in the 18 plus DGB and Hartigan. How many do you believe are necessary?
Hartigan won't play, Morrison is named down there and is more likely to play wing.

We need a stopper, or someone capable on the smalls. Scrim is severely underrated in that aspect. Frost is usually capable aswell with his speed and Sic is good at both but likely plays tall this week.

I really like that
Sam is keeping the faith with Bramble.Like many others had an average game last week. But there were some glimpses of the run and carry he showed last season.
Given he has had virtually no pre season ,continuity is the key.
I suspect he will have a good game on Sunday.
No he had a pre season got injured just after pre season. Hasnt played many games but when we start getting other players rotating through he might be under pressure. I think he is in a learning phase. Its why we need to cut him some slack. He is learning to defend down back and its great for his development. But time always runs out eventually

With Frost out, Blanck will likely make his debut this week.

IN: Reeves, O’Meara, Ward, Blanck

OUT: Scrimshaw (injured), Frost (suspended), Impey (omitted), Howe (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Jiath

HB: Bramble, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Day, Mitchell, Morrison

HF: Wingard, Koschitzke, Butler

F: Breust, Lewis, Moore

R: Reeves, Newcombe, O’Meara

INT: Nash, Shiels, Ward, Macdonald, Impey (Sub)
Good team. Probably the best team we could get on park. Would prefer to swap positions of Bramble and Morrison.

Sam wants a win for Breust and shiels, and make no mistake everyone will lift for this game, hopefully will be the best footy we play all year.

big games for players have always been a must win at hawthorn, this is no bigger.
Just like Silks 400 :'(

After having a sleep on it I'm thinking with Frost out then Hartigan has to come in. I don't like it but unless you send Koschitzke back then DGB and Sic will get monstered. The loss of Scrim also compounds the out of Frost. Also doesn't help that Impey and Bramble haven't hit any type of consistent form so for me I think we should go…

IN - Reeves O'Meara Hartigan Gunston*
OUT - Frost Scrimshaw Maginness Howe

Butler or MacDonald the sub??

*Like most I'm not convinced Gunston will get up but if he does then he comes in for Howe

After having a sleep on it I'm thinking with Frost out then Hartigan has to come in. I don't like it but unless you send Koschitzke back then DGB and Sic will get monstered. The loss of Scrim also compounds the out of Frost. Also doesn't help that Impey and Bramble haven't hit any type of consistent form so for me I think we should go…

*Like most I'm not convinced Gunston will get up but if he does then he comes in for Howe
They won't get monstered. Guarantee Sic takes Cox and embarrasses him. It's his perfect match up.

DGB will take Mihocek. Good match up.

CJ to Henry. Then we have the small match ups.

Blanck would've debuted if we were worried about em.

From memory, it was Elliott that cut us up in that practice game.

They won't get monstered. Guarantee Sic takes Cox and embarrasses him. It's his perfect match up.

DGB will take Mihocek. Good match up.

CJ to Henry. Then we have the small match ups.

Blanck would've debuted if we were worried about em.

From memory, it was Elliott that cut us up in that practice game.
That's the game they played 6 quarters. They pumped us for 4 quarters and then we came home with a wet sail and managed to get draw in the last 2 quarters of junk time. Yeah they absolutely monstered us in that game and I reckon the addition of Hartigan would at least allow one of Sic or DGB to peel off their man and play their natural game. None of us really want Hartigan in the team but it might be better for the two aforementioned guys.

With Butler and Macdonald named onfield

Probably not the sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the game they played 6 quarters. They pumped us for 4 quarters and then we came home with a wet sail and managed to get draw in the last 2 quarters of junk time. Yeah they absolutely monstered us in that game and I reckon the addition of Hartigan would at least allow one of Sic or DGB to peel off their man and play their natural game. None of us really want Hartigan in the team but it might be better for the two aforementioned guys.
I'm saying I don't rate their tall fwds.
Mihocek is a good player but is only 192cm.
Henry is a talented kid, but only stands at 189cm.
Hartigan would be out of place. Beat em in the middle, and let them worry about Lewis, Kozi, Gunner, Chad and Breust.

Hartigan would be out of place. Beat em in the middle, and let them worry about Lewis, Kozi, Gunner, Chad and Breust.
This hasn't really been our strength of late.....

No he had a pre season got injured just after pre season. Hasnt played many games but when we start getting other players rotating through he might be under pressure. I think he is in a learning phase. Its why we need to cut him some slack. He is learning to defend down back and its great for his development. But time always runs out eventually
I honestly don't know why Bramble is being persisted with down back, when all his qualities shout out 'wing'.

They have the perfect matchup for Gunner in Howe. Rekon where we could get them is Kosi could get off the leash as their is no obvious matchup for him. Lewis vs Moore is a no brainer. Their smalls are actually decent but they will have to be with Punk fired up for his milestone. Maynard, Quaynor and Noble etc. Solid group of small defenders. Their versatility through the midfield is what could hurt us IMO. Crisp and JDG will enjoy who they are up against.

Is it possible to yell broooooooooost for 2 and a bit hours ?
I'm hoping that you will give it a try.

But then again, I'll be watching on TV and not sitting near you at the ground.

I honestly don't know why Bramble is being persisted with down back, when all his qualities shout out 'wing'.
They have tried him on the wing at training multiple times. He couldnt get near it. Moved back to the half back line and he provided some run. Sometimes players go a bit backwards before coming again think Morrison. He is in a bit of a rut perhaps needs some confidence and continuity at box hill we will see

They have tried him on the wing at training multiple times. He couldnt get near it. Moved back to the half back line and he provided some run. Sometimes players go a bit backwards before coming again think Morrison. He is in a bit of a rut perhaps needs some confidence and continuity at box hill we will see
We saw it last year as well where his best run of form was coming out of the backline.

He needs a way of getting ball on the outside. Especially as we aren’t going to give him the ball solely like we did the end of last year now that we have a lot of players back.

Who as a tall forward for them is going to monster us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back