Preview Round 12, Carlton vs GWS Giants, Sunday 11th June, 3.20pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what. This team has to quick smart learn that they cant just waltz over and expect to win games like that.

From the first bounce i could see the intensity was not there.

So angry right now.

Lose top spot on the ladder too.

This team is not a premiership team. Hawthorn would beat everyone in their premiership years. We lose to all the low sides in Melbourne.

2nd last for gods sake !!! That is attrocious

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Toby's goal kicking was awful.

Stevie J was just awful.

Carlton's pressure was good enough to cause our panic handball mess that always happens under pressure. No one wants to take responsibility to slow it down.

Forward 50s were awful, given the foreknowledge of Carlton's ability to intercept mark down there.

Umpiring was headscratching, and that was with the TV muted the whole time. Sheer amount of scragging that was let go, and then prior opportunity only ever being afforded to one team.

First time a side sitting 17th or lower has beaten the side sitting on top of the ladder (at beginning of round) that says it all

Unfortunately our two best players Greene and Kelly picked the same game to put in their worst performances of the year.

Not many winners for us, the boys clearly just thought they would show up and win and you cannot do this at this level.

A completely ridiculous and unnecessary loss against a completely s**t if not committed team.

I will say it again, if Stevie J continues it will cost us the flag. You simply cannot carry players. Tap him on the shoulder, give him a retirement game and move on.

You were robbed by the umpires. I hope we play you in the grand final. That will at least take the Vic umpiring bias out of it.
The umpiring was garbage, but our forward line was completely disfunctional today. To win the clearances so comprehensively and not win? Terrible result. Do agree though, a Crows - Giants game would be justice.

You were robbed by the umpires. I hope we play you in the grand final. That will at least take the Vic umpiring bias out of it.

You're taking the piss surely? watch the last 1 minute 30 seconds.....
I counted about 3-4 freekicks that weren't paid to Carlton.

Anyway badluck GWS.... you guys will be better for this with what I consider a wake up call.

You know what. This team has to quick smart learn that they cant just waltz over and expect to win games like that.

From the first bounce i could see the intensity was not there.

So angry right now.

Lose top spot on the ladder too.

This team is not a premiership team. Hawthorn would beat everyone in their premiership years. We lose to all the low sides in Melbourne.

2nd last for gods sake !!! That is attrocious

Heh Hawthorn lost to every top 6 team in 2014 and still won. They lost to four non-finals teams in 2015 and still won.

Would you trade having lost to Richmond and the Doggies for having beaten Carlton? After all both of those were arsey wins that arguably we didn't deserve, and that's not even mentioning Collingwood given they aren't a top 8 team.

Massive overreaction. You can't lose a premiership in Round 12.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're taking the piss surely? watch the last 1 minute 30 seconds.....
I counted about 3-4 freekicks that weren't paid to Carlton.

Anyway badluck GWS.... you guys will be better for this with what I consider a wake up call.

Nothing was paid in the last few minutes. The umpires are too scared of appearing to have "decided" a game. Always the case, which says it all unfortunately.

First time a side sitting 17th or lower has beaten the side sitting on top of the ladder (at beginning of round) that says it all

So... in the last six seasons? :D

Nothing was paid in the last few minutes. The umpires are too scared of appearing to have "decided" a game. Always the case, which says it all unfortunately.

Well it appears indecision will cause them deciding a game if this keeps up...

Agreed.umpires favored Carlton big league.. but what in the hell was Toby Greene thinking?? he cost us the game..like a few have said I hope this one burns like the Dogs prelim loss..the hate that spills from the mexicans south of the border is stunning..the boys have to learn to win in Melbourne against really average football sides..sure we have injuries..but crikey we shot ourselves in the foot today...this one hurts..

Well it appears indecision will cause them deciding a game if this keeps up...

It absolutely will and has. I can recall the "should have been 50m to Scully" in last year's prelim as a glaring example and I reckon fans of every team can pull out a similar example of their's. Umpires put the whistle away in a close game late and the game is worse for it, because a non-decision is less likely to cause backlash than a decision regardless of the scenario.

Heh Hawthorn lost to every top 6 team in 2014 and still won. They lost to four non-finals teams in 2015 and still won.

Would you trade having lost to Richmond and the Doggies for having beaten Carlton? After all both of those were arsey wins that arguably we didn't deserve, and that's not even mentioning Collingwood given they aren't a top 8 team.

Massive overreaction. You can't lose a premiership in Round 12.
Just angry. Let me calm down :)

Just angry. Let me calm down :)

I know, you're definitely on the passionate side.

Given the guys got us over the line in a bunch of games we probably should not have won, I'm willing to let this one ride... just this once.

Agreed.umpires favored Carlton big league.. but what in the hell was Toby Greene thinking?? he cost us the game..like a few have said I hope this one burns like the Dogs prelim loss..the hate that spills from the mexicans south of the border is stunning..the boys have to learn to win in Melbourne against really average football sides..sure we have injuries..but crikey we shot ourselves in the foot today...this one hurts..

He could have played on and would have at least got us a draw even if he missed. His performance was really disappointing. Hopefully he bounces back after the bye.

I've only recently heard the term 'Mexicans' for Victorians (on the Swans board a couple of weeks ago)

That's frankly a pretty piss poor excuse for a pejorative
enjoy it..i love how it upsets you...as Paul Keating correctly said if you aren't living in Sydney you are camping out..we have the BEST football in New South Wales..

This is exactly what we were afraid of - coming in with one eye on the bye and not 100% turned on. Played badly, still could have won, but just no composure late in the game from the guys who are normally switched on. Toby missing from 10m out, not even getting a rushed behind from his last kick to even it up. Well, it's done now & we have to live with it. Hopefully they can refresh a bit, and we get a few players back for the next one. I really wonder what Leon will do with Stevie J - he really was a dead weight out there today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back