Prediction Round 12: Changes Vs Brisbane Lions + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This.

There’s been calls for Cox to go forward, and I’ve been of them, but just maybe Logue is our swingman. I really liked his game today and the defence seemed more assured without him. Win win.
Absolutely. Cox's strengths forward are the same as Logue's strengths in contested marking, but logue has the speed and athleticism that Cox doesn't. And I rate Cox as a better defender than Logue.

Loved Logues game today. He’s an elite mark which immediately causes a headache for opposition defences. At worst they have to swing a quality key defender onto him. Practice his goal kicking and he can become really effective.
Will still need him to swing back to defence to pick up Charlie curnow in R15 however

I very much like that JL said in the presser he liked what he saw from Logue as a forward & thinks it’s worth persisting with.
When Walker plays back we’re just better. Every game this year backs that up.
We’re not moving any of the others & Logue is too good to leave out.
I thought he looked really strong on the lead & could easily have reeled in another half dozen marks from the contests he created. He’s a bull on the ground, piles the pressure on & creates opportunities for the smalls.
Feels like another piece of the puzzle solved to me.
No changes for mine. Let Fyfe get his touch with some limited minutes at Peel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love that the club and Logue have obviously come to a mutual agreement that he's a required piece of our premiership puzzle, and are doing all they can to fit him into the team!

I think Logue has the potential to be more effective for the team as a forward.
While he has excellent attributes for defense & has obviously played some good footy there he can be a bit of a deer in the headlights with an open field in front of him, makes some questionable decisions moving the ball. Plus as we’ve seen all year the whole synergy of the defense is generally better without him when all of Young, Chapman, Clark, Cox, Ryan are playing together.
In the front half his wrecking ball attributes become more useful & unlike a lot of backs who go forward he still seems to read the ball in the air & get his hands to it in packs & if he doesn’t mark it it’s coming to ground.
I think we might see him doing goal kicking practice this week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor Tabs. Thought he got into the game but clearly was underdone before the bounce.

In: Fyfe, Treacy (kicked 3 for Peel today)
Out: Tabs, Tucker.

I seem to be in a rich form of prediction here take a gander at the only two sport bets ive done in over 10 years but my prediction is Treacy will come into team now and never leave. Prodegous kick he is, he really really is

numb1.png

I seem to be in a rich form of prediction here take a gander at the only two sport bets ive done in over 10 years but my prediction is Treacy will come into team now and never leave. Prodegous kick he is, he really really is

View attachment 1411121
That’s so damn cute you had to google how to screenshot a PC, but believe me those full screen screen shots can get you into a whole world of hurt.
Windows search for “snip”, right click the snipping tool and tie to task bar. You can easily just select small parts of the screen, it auto copies to your clipboard and can paste anywhere including in the chat box.
I use this 100 times a day.
Nice tips by the way!

Press X for doubt..
Nah I actually believe him this time.

Tabs is always stretching his glutes behind the ball; which commonly can relieve back pain so I reckon it's an ongoing issue.

But you can see it happen, he reaches for the ball then falls over holding his back. No contact, looks exactly like how a back spasm starts.

He's gonna get basically 24/7 physio, massage and medicine between now and the next game. He should be right.

How good is it gonna be to put Fyfe back into this team?

In really looking forward to it.

I liked the Logue forward trial. I was wondering if Cox would end up there because of his history as a forward to fit Logue in down back.. but this showed something. Really liked having another release down the line when our switch doesn’t work or we are clogged up

He definitely provides a contest in the air and on the ground and his natural defensive approach was evident, scrapped for everything and that helped the slow release from our forward 50.

Kicks at goal like a backman, but that can be worked on

I think Logue has the potential to be more effective for the team as a forward.
While he has excellent attributes for defense & has obviously played some good footy there he can be a bit of a deer in the headlights with an open field in front of him, makes some questionable decisions moving the ball. Plus as we’ve seen all year the whole synergy of the defense is generally better without him when all of Young, Chapman, Clark, Cox, Ryan are playing together.
In the front half his wrecking ball attributes become more useful & unlike a lot of backs who go forward he still seems to read the ball in the air & get his hands to it in packs & if he doesn’t mark it it’s coming to ground.
I think we might see him doing goal kicking practice this week!

He will make a lot of the premier KPDs very nervous

If Fyfe is fully fit and firing, bring him in for Tucker. Tucker or Treacy to medi-sub depending how confident in Tabs we are.

Leave Logue up front, thought he was huge today and a massive reason why the smalls fed well. His athleticism meant he made every contest, at least halved it and there was at least a few occaisions where he appeared to direct the ball to our advantage (though that could have just been good positioning). He'll improve his set shot and could be a genuine A-grade swingman.

Walker can take Cameron and I'd back Cox on Hipwood. Maybe Aish to negate Neale, did a fantastic job on Oliver yesterday.

We'll start as favourites at home unfortunately, but everything points to dry weather. It should be a cracker, game of the round for mine (all bias aside).

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We've lost only one game away (at a venue that looks like being a tough visit for the rest of the year). Next three at Marvel, which our game should suit well.
We actually have 4 games at marvel left and a last round trip to Canberra.

Positive is it won't be wet either at marvel so we should feel confident on the road for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back