Game Day Round 12: Crows vs Freo @Perth Stadium (4:10pm Live; 6:50pm on 7mate)

Remove this Banner Ad

i feel like akins dropped that ball to intentionally avoid any contact forthcoming
Almost single handedly brought us into the game in the second quarter and got absolutely polaxed in a contest in the forward line. Spent time in the rooms and came back on.

thought jenkins had a few important flick ons and contests in the second quarter before he was polaxed.

Craigy had most of the group, as did Sando.

Players played for Walsh although tragically we never got to see for how long. If this group is as soft as we think, they wouldn't have dealt with his intensity long term.
Walsh reminded me a little of Brendan McCartney. An astute strategist, mentor and coach of young men, but potentially too intense and overbearing in the long run for many.

Unfortunately we'll never know for sure.

Walsh reminded me a little of Brendan McCartney. An astute strategist, mentor and coach of young men, but potentially too intense and overbearing in the long run for many.

Unfortunately we'll never know for sure.
I've said before the vibe I got from him was he'd burn himself out in the first 3 years, but it's almost what we needed because he would have totally shaken up the joint in the process. We've gone back to the same safe, mediocre and insular ways again pretty quickly.

Such a frustrating player that boy. I think the self preservation thing is strong in that one. It’s a shame because when he wants to, the lad can play.

I think it’s all a bit easy down there at the moment. No one getting dropped because of too many injuries.
I think It also might be getting a bit chummy too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back