Round 12 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what appears to be par this week? Judging on the scores shown so far I would think you would want 2000 to hold ground.

2K is easily par this week. At the top end of the rankings though, It could potentially be higher like 2050+

1971 with the rest of Grundy and Pendlebury to come. Another 100 or so points in the second half and that's looking like a pretty reasonable score.

Treloar being robbed of tackles whilst Pendlebury gets handed them for touching someone.
I noticed on Friday the huge tackle by wingard was ignored because the player tackled eventually got a handball away.
It's chook lotto trying to figure out what CD consider as a tackle.

I noticed on Friday the huge tackle by wingard was ignored because the player tackled eventually got a handball away.
I wonder if you are prohibited from participating in any form of Fantasy if you work at CD collecting stats

If someone gets a disposal out of a tackle, I would not count it. It is not an effective tackle.

However, if you tackle someone to the ground, they can't get the disposal out but it pops out through others hands etc... I would count that.

I actually think that what you posted is not a chook lotto as you described it, but logical.

If someone gets a disposal out of a tackle, I would not count it. It is not an effective tackle.

However, if you tackle someone to the ground, they can't get the disposal out but it pops out through others hands etc... I would count that.

I actually think that what you posted is not a chook lotto as you described it, but logical.

It needs to be an effective disposal for it not to count. But that just means if a teammate of the playing being tackled touches it first after the disposal then the tackle doesn't count.

As you say, it's actually logical the way they consider tackles.

Grundy laid a tackle following up from a centre stoppage that quarter and was given the +4 but the Melbourne player still got his handball away while falling to ground with Grundy.

I think it depends how long the tackle was applied for if they count it or not.

I wonder if you are prohibited from participating in any form of Fantasy if you work at CD collecting stats
I think they can play, but they might be exempt from winning cash/prizes like what Warnie, Roy and Calvin are in AFLF as they are AFL employees now.

CD employees definitely can not bet on AFL games, I asked someone in the know there a couple of years ago.

I think it depends how long the tackle was applied for if they count it or not.

Like CJApples87 said, it could be if it is counted as an effective disposal. But I think there would be logic around it, not just a chook lotto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah there's so many grey areas. Like

- Pendlebury jumps in 4th man on, did he actually play any role in keeping the ball in? He got +4.
- Desperate handball comes out of tackle and goes out of bounds, was that an effective disposal? Treloar gets nothing.
- WHE merely holding a guy who gets a 40m kick away, doesn't hit a Melbourne player so he gets +4.

Pendlebury jumps in 4th man on, did he actually play any role in keeping the ball in? He got +4.

I watch a lot of rugby league and I would say yes. it is not gray.

Desperate handball comes out of tackle and goes out of bounds, was that an effective disposal? Treloar gets nothing.

Ask champion data, they have what they classify as an effective disposal. A disposal is effective/ineffective regardless of if a tackle is being made. so this is an absolute non-issue. Rather than what is a tackle, you are starting a completely unrelated topic of what is an effective disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back