Round 12 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With tackles, if the player gets disposal of the ball during a tackle. It it goes to the opposition team it is a counted as a tackle. If t goes to no-one it is usually considered a tackle as well I think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could have went over 2100 if Hodgey played

All well, surely I'll move up slightly, I reckon 2066 is par-ish, maybe slightly above

I reckon 2050 is par this week. Maybe a little lower, so you will hold ground

Finished on 2253 ☺☺

Good to see a random post from someone that will never be sighted again.

2063 hopefully not many bigger scores than that in the top 160

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McGrath to Hibberd didn't work out...not today anyway. Just wasn't near the ball today. 1 mark / 1 tackle - bad afternoon

With tackles, if the player gets disposal of the ball during a tackle. It it goes to the opposition team it is a counted as a tackle. If t goes to no-one it is usually considered a tackle as well I think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Correct, it's all about the effectiveness of the disposal.

If someone gets a disposal out of a tackle, I would not count it. It is not an effective tackle.

However, if you tackle someone to the ground, they can't get the disposal out but it pops out through others hands etc... I would count that.

I actually think that what you posted is not a chook lotto as you described it, but logical.
I have regularly seen players grab the back of someone's jumper who then handball it away yet they were credited with a tackle. So I don't concur with your argument.

I have regularly seen players grab the back of someone's jumper who then handball it away

Was it an effective disposal?

Edit: There are people that work at champion data that have their own opinions, but I think you are getting confused about what is a tackle and what is an effective disposal. A good tackle will mean the player will not get an effective disposal or the tackler will get a penalty/ball up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah there's so many grey areas. Like

- Pendlebury jumps in 4th man on, did he actually play any role in keeping the ball in? He got +4.
- Desperate handball comes out of tackle and goes out of bounds, was that an effective disposal? Treloar gets nothing.
- WHE merely holding a guy who gets a 40m kick away, doesn't hit a Melbourne player so he gets +4.
I'd call that chook lotto.

We are playing RDT not SC. Are we not going to count kicks if they are not effective.
God, if we did that our scores would be 70% of what they are now.

Regardless, RDT scoring is based off champion data to a large extent with Goals/Tackles/Points/Free Kicks/etc..... RDT just doesn't penalize reward effective disposal and the finer detail of Champion data. It is a simplistic view of Champion data where they dont care about disposal efficiency......... A tackle in SC is still a tackle in RDT. I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

Regardless, RDT scoring is based off champion data to a large extent with Goals/Tackles/Points/Free Kicks/etc..... RDT just doesn't penalize reward effective disposal and the finer detail of Champion data..... A tackle in SC is still a tackle in RDT. I think you are barking up the wrong tree.
I still feel they make a number of errors based on interpretation regarding tackles.
So, we will just agree to disagree.

I still feel they make a number of errors based on interpretation regarding tackles.
So, we will just agree to disagree.

Haha, that's just like how I disagree with a lot of umpires calls in ******* Swans games an I am sure, a lot of fans have problems with umpires. Not every umpires call is correct just because they made it.

Champion Data workers, are still just that, a human that can make an error.

I don't disagree there would be a lot of errors based on what I think would happen, but the people working at CD giving points, are only human but they follow guidelines.

Haha, that's just like how I disagree with a lot of umpires calls in ******* Swans games an I am sure, a lot of fans have problems with umpires. Not every umpires call is correct just because they made it.

Champion Data workers, are still just that, a human that can make an error.

I don't disagree there would be a lot of errors based on what I think would happen, but the people working at CD giving points, are only human but they follow guidelines.
The thing I do enjoy about RDT is that a human's interpretation is generally not taken into account. If a player kicks it, we get 3 points. Doesn't make any difference where the kick goes. Same with a handpass and or mark etc.
The only difference to this appears to be tackles where it apparently needs to be considered by someone that the tackle was effective. Would prefer to get 4 points as soon as a tackle is laid irrespective of the result.
BTY One thing we can agree on is the way umpires treat the Swannies.

The thing I do enjoy about RDT is that a human's interpretation is generally not taken into account.

If human interpretation is not taken into account, who decides what is a tackle when Champion Data are the statistic company for AFL. Should penguins?? Cyborgs?? regardless of what you think, a human has to say what a tackle is and Champion data is the statistic company that makes all the game statistics for the AFL.

If human interpretation is not taken into account, who decides what is a tackle when Champion Data are the statistic company for AFL. Should penguins?? Cyborgs?? regardless of what you think, a human has to say what a tackle is and Champion data is the statistic company that makes all the game statistics for the AFL.
Thats why he said "generally" and referenced that the definition of a tackle is still open to interpretation

Compared to SC where you have statisticians interpreting
- Disposal effectivness
- Spoils
- 1 %ers (think they get points for that)

Throw in the whole grading scheme of SC (total points available in a match) and its a pretty terrible form of fantasy imo

Thats why he said "generally" and referenced that the definition of a tackle is still open to interpretation

THats where I disagree, I think Champion Data has guidelines what constitutes a tackle and their employees judge on guidelines. There is still human error, but I don't think that it is open to interpretation. There is human error like every job, but saying there is nothing in the guidelines on what constitutes a tackle or not, is ridiculous. This will be my last post on the matter because I feel I am derailing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back