Round 12 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it depends on what the guidlines and criteria are (how specific), but I am pretty confident that there would be situations where the guidlines could interpret one situation two different ways, and thats where you have a person looking at the footage a certain way and making a call.

You can tell that we are all just waiting for lockout now, as we are debating about how tackle stats are kept :D

The thing I do enjoy about RDT is that a human's interpretation is generally not taken into account. If a player kicks it, we get 3 points. Doesn't make any difference where the kick goes. Same with a handpass and or mark etc.
The only difference to this appears to be tackles where it apparently needs to be considered by someone that the tackle was effective. Would prefer to get 4 points as soon as a tackle is laid irrespective of the result.
BTY One thing we can agree on is the way umpires treat the Swannies.
Again, I feel like a broken record.

If CD say that a kick is a kick, it's a kick in RDT.

If CD say that a handball is a handball, it's a handball in RDT.

If CD say a tackle is a tackle, then it is a tackle in RDT.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tassieblues look them up
Most that post here regularly take exception to one off posts from guys that want to brag about their huge score, yet not add anything in the RDT discussion on trades, injuries, in game discussion etc. They are also never sighted when they have a bad week and put up a bad score. Feel free to continue to post here though. Just don't be that guy who won't be seen ever again.

Was disappointed to finish with 2089 in the end. I realise that Wingard will score more regularly the WHE as the season continues but to have them both score 71 and not counting in the best 18 was annoying.

Most that post here regularly take exception to one off posts from guys that want to brag about their huge score, yet not add anything in the RDT discussion on trades, injuries, in game discussion etc. They are also never sighted when they have a bad week and put up a bad score. Feel free to continue to post here though. Just don't be that guy who won't be seen ever again.
Got a busy life. Post when i can. Yeh ive had a bad year but excited for my high score

Again, I feel like a broken record.

If CD say that a kick is a kick, it's a kick in RDT.

If CD say that a handball is a handball, it's a handball in RDT.

If CD say a tackle is a tackle, then it is a tackle in RDT.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app
Doona, this will be the last comment I make on this. Obviously we disagree.
The difference I look at with your comment above is that whilst watching a game on TV, when a player kicks it , I know I will get 3 points for that. I don't have to wait for CD to determine that. Same if he handballs it - I can clearly see that and know the result accordingly. Granted there are times when CD give that stat to an incorrect player but that is normally corrected later.
The difference being when I see a player put his arms around a player who has the ball, I may consider it to be a tackle yet due to the criteria CD place on what is a tackle, I can't immediately determine whether my player will get the 4 points or not. If the criteria that CD uses regarding tackles did not require it to be effective it would imo make it simpler to determine.
That's all folks.

The difference being when I see a player put his arms around a player who has the ball, I may consider it to be a tackle yet due to the criteria CD place on what is a tackle, I can't immediately determine whether my player will get the 4 points or not.

So rather than the AFL working with one company, Champion Data, which have a lucrative contract, every fantasy game should hire full-time staff so that every different fantasy game has different statistics?? It doesn't matter what you consider statistics, it is what Champion Data considers statistics. Just because you don't agree/understand what constitutes a stat, doesn't mean you are correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So rather than the AFL working with one company, Champion Data, which have a lucrative contract, every fantasy game should hire full-time staff so that every different fantasy game has different statistics?? It doesn't matter what you consider statistics, it is what Champion Data considers statistics. Just because you don't agree/understand what constitutes a stat, doesn't mean you are correct.
Champion Data already provide totally different scoring statistics. One for RDT and a totally different one for SC.
I don't understand your argument.

Will try contribute more to this board, but have gone up 230 places overall to 177th (and 5th in the Bigfooty RDT group) with a score of 2,174 (56th this week). Staying humble as I'll drop next week due to not having a full squad, but happy nonetheless :D

Champion Data already provide totally different scoring statistics. One for RDT and a totally different one for SC.
I don't understand your argument.

They do not. Supercoach interpret scoring to take into account all of Champion Data statistics eg... disposal efficiency.

RDT/Fantasy just use Kicks/Marks/Tackles/etc... regardless of the extended Champion Data statistics.

A player that has X disposals in RDT has had X disposals in Supercoach, or X tackles in RDT has had X tackles in Supercoach..... The scoring is not the same because Supercoach follow every statistic whereas RDT follows basic statistatics like fantasy. The statistics are the same which the games then choose how to score them.

Supercoach just take into account every facet of Champion data as opposed to RDT/Fantasy.

What? No they don't. DT scores and SC scores take the statistics into account in different ways but they are absolutely the same statistics.

What? No they don't. DT scores and SC scores take the statistics into account in different ways but they are absolutely the same statistics.
I'm totally aware they are the same statistics. The point I was trying to make in reply to doona's comment was the CD already do the statistics for BOTH competitions. We do not need a seperate company for each comp.

I'm totally aware they are the same statistics. The point I was trying to make in reply to doona's comment was the CD already do the statistics for BOTH competitions. We do not need a seperate company for each comp.

Then why are you complaining that a tackle that CD say is a tackle, should or should not be a tackle in RDT when it is regarded as one in supercoach??? When CD do the statistics for both games??

In your opinion. That means IT MUST BE CORRECT.

ok. Champion data are wrong for labeling a tackle a tackle. I am sorry that the AFL Statistics partner says a tackle is a tackle. I guess then, no statistics are accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back