Round 12 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why are you complaining that a tackle that CD say is a tackle, should or should not be a tackle in RDT when it is regarded as one in supercoach??? When CD do the statistics for both games??
For *'s sake. Leave it be.
We are obviously looking at it from a different perspective.

Then why are you complaining that a tackle that CD say is a tackle, should or should not be a tackle in RDT when it is regarded as one in supercoach??? When CD do the statistics for both games??
I think what he is trying to say (could be wrong here) is that there are instances where an effort could or could not be considered a tackle and it depends on how the statisticians interpret it (agree that they have guidlines, but I don't think we know what they are)

I've seen numerous times where a player puts a momentary tackle onto another player who disposes of the ball, and were not awarded the tackle for it. Have seen other similar instances where the ball was disposed of and the player was still awarded the tackle.

Not sure why other Fantasy games got brought into the argument though

Congrats mate. How are you looking for next week? Reckon you can hold ground?

Got 15 thinking of getting rid of crouch and WHE to hold ground leave me with 8 trades not sure yet thou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why other Fantasy games got brought into the argument though

Because Champion Data do the statistics for the AFL and, therefore, all the different fantasy games use the same statistics and give points how they want to in their games. A tackle is a tackle if Champion Data say it is a tackle.

Got 15 thinking of getting rid of crouch and WHE to hold ground leave me with 8 trades not sure yet thou

So a hard week ahead. WHE was a stepping stone to a premo so that would be a good move. Crouch a bit sideways, but, if you are going for overall you probably need to get 15 on field players closer to 17/18 if possible.

Ill be interested to what you post in the trades thread, as, you are in a good position to fight it out post byes.

Because Champion Data do the statistics for the AFL and, therefore, all the different fantasy games use the same statistics and give points how they want to in their games. A tackle is a tackle if Champion Data say it is a tackle.
I don't think that was being debated?
No one (as far as im aware) is saying that tackles are awarded differently in Fantasy compared to Supercoach

The confusion comes from how Champion Data define what a tackle is. There are most likely numerous examples each week where you could argue either way as to whether or not a certain player was tackled

The confusion comes from how Champion Data define what a tackle is

I 100% agree with this. However, I don't think that Bandicoot agree's with Champion Data defining a tackle with another one of their parameters because RDT doesn't care about disposal efficiency. Where I was coming from is that Champion Data make the statistics, so what they quantify as a tackle is a tackle. Regardless of what we RDT players think of disposal efficiency, that does not matter in terms of what is a tackle.

So happy_eagle, I think I 100% agree with what you are saying.

So a hard week ahead. WHE was a stepping stone to a premo so that would be a good move. Crouch a bit sideways, but, if you are going for overall you probably need to get 15 on field players closer to 17/18 if possible.

Ill be interested to what you post in the trades thread, as, you are in a good position to fight it out post byes.

I was thinking Crouch to Newnes i know its sideways but doesnt leave me enough money for anyone decent either from WHE so still very unsure... im wondering if i can get away with 16

I don't think that was being debated?
No one (as far as im aware) is saying that tackles are awarded differently in Fantasy compared to Supercoach

The confusion comes from how Champion Data define what a tackle is. There are most likely numerous examples each week where you could argue either way as to whether or not a certain player was tackled

If the tackle leads to a turnover or a spillage then it is rewarded. If the player gets the ball to a teammate (even if the possession had clearly been affected by the tackle) it doesn't count. Frustrating at times but it's consistent.

If the tackle leads to a turnover or a spillage then it is rewarded. If the player gets the ball to a teammate (even if the possession had clearly been affected by the tackle) it doesn't count. Frustrating at times but it's consistent.
I could swear I have seen these awarded sometime though

Would actually be interesting to see inside the stats box of a game. One of the Footy shows like AFL360 should do a segment on the stats collection, because I think most people don't actually know how the stats are kept (like how many people do they have inside the box, rules for a tackle etc..)

I 100% agree with this. However, I don't think that Bandicoot agree's with Champion Data defining a tackle with another one of their parameters because RDT doesn't care about disposal efficiency. Where I was coming from is that Champion Data make the statistics, so what they quantify as a tackle is a tackle. Regardless of what we RDT players think of disposal efficiency, that does not matter in terms of what is a tackle.

So happy_eagle, I think I 100% agree with what you are saying.
That's odd because I totally agree with what happy eagle said also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could swear I have seen these awarded sometime though

Would actually be interesting to see inside the stats box of a game. One of the Footy shows like AFL360 should do a segment on the stats collection, because I think most people don't actually know how the stats are kept (like how many people do they have inside the box, rules for a tackle etc..)

They are usually pretty accurate. I can watch a game of footy and tell when a +4 is going to be rewarded. It took me a while and whilst sometimes I think they should reward a clear tackle that just somehow went to a teammate, it is the most consistent way because it takes away a lot of individual interpretation.

Not saying they get it right 100% of the time of course but that should he expected.

My 2 cents - I think they got the tackle figures spot on this round cos I beat Coots by a point. Well done CD!
See, this is where I am coming from. If that CLEAR Wingard tackle was awarded as it should have been, I beat you. Bloody CD cheats. :(:p:thumbsdown:

Ended up on 1831, dropped 119 spots to 181 overall.

Always thought I was going to have a down week with missing a few extra then most. However I havent lost a lot of ground when you combine both bye rounds so far.

I'm potentially looking at fielding 21 this week (if Black is named) with a reasonably strong line up too. Hopefully round out the byes strongly and push for a strong finished team too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back