VFL Game Day Round 12: Essendon vs Carlton, Windy Hill, Saturday 11/06/2022 @ 1:35 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

That 42 bloke makes plenty of second effort’s 😎
My favorite part of his whole half was when he made a mistake and gave a looping handball that Carlton intercepted. Instead of just standing there and bemoaning the mistake like a lot of our players do, he put his head down, gut ran and was there in the back 50 to help mop up.

Do we bring Stewart back as a forward? He was pretty decent a few years ago (2017/18) playing as the 2nd/3rd tall forward.

I don’t get the chance to watch vfl very often.. is the umpiring standard always this bad?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was run down but the quick hand and movement in traffic from Mass was quite good on the 3QT siren.

All his team mates were flat footed, so he did well to take the initiative even if it did not pay off this time.

As good as Wright's form was this year, if Stewart is forward he's my number 1. He's going to make more contests than what Wright does and will likely stick more marks.

Stewart as the no 1, Wright as the number 2/second ruck and Jones as more of a third tall is the combination I thought we were working with prior to Stewart's move to defence last year. It's not a bad combination, not bad at all. Obviously there are no stars but with Stewart you get the battering ram we don't currently have.

He's much too good a player not to be playing AFL. I feel a bit sorry for Durdin. Stewart's making him look bad but he's legitimately an AFL standard power forward and he's big, powerful man with a high level workrate. Durdin could have many easier challanges at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back