Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Welcome to Round 12, as we are approaching our first round of the byes .... and have we been thrown a massive curveball with the big news that Brodie Grundy is set to be out for 2-3 weeks which is practically all the byes.

Is this an opportunity, or a potential season disaster .......the Byes have traditionally presented an opportunity to climb up the rankings ....OR

jumping hole.gif

A bit too dramatic I hear you say ....probably, but with all the challenges in Victoria, the likely fixture changes ....flexibility in team management has never been more important .....but also remember this is a game to enjoy, not add further stress to your lives

Grundy, Grundy .....my mind has pondered what to do all week, so many options ....to say I'm confused is an understatement , oscillating between holding and trading ....but who too , certainly there's no other ruckman that can lick Grundy's Boots

But that's not all .....now there's a possibility that the Bullies and West Coast won't have their bye till R15 ......OMG

what to do now.gif

It's OK for the rest of you ....you've all miticulously planned your bye structures ....but some of us only looked at the byes on Monday, shocked, horrified, hysterical, mortified, are just some of the emotions that I went thu
You know there's a problem when you go to bed, simply to get peace & quiet to go thru all the trade options

So the first Bombshell .....I have traded Grundy to Coleman-Jones .....I can sense a collective gulp throughout the Community, and a few sfellows ...Grundy was overrated anyway, and he hates hub life
Will I be getting him back in .....better believe it !

But enough about me ......lets get this Bye fiasco underway

MELBOURNE vs BRISBANE (Friday)
The first of the dreaded bye rounds kicks off with an epic midfield battle. The Olliepig came out on top last week in his battle against KOTDempelli and will be looking to take the scalp of Jarryd Lyons and co this week...... the Lions thinking of bringing back Brownlow Medallist and fellow certified piglet Lachie Neale to bolster their stocks and provide us interested watchers with some brutal pig-on-pig action.

Is Neale in your trade plans ? .... do you go Piggy, Lyons, or even Zorko for your (VC) ? .....can you afford to get the (C) wrong in a best of 18 week ?

SYDNEY vs ST. KILDA
Jake Lloyd has always been a Fantasy Seagul .....but this kickouts are being stolen by Dawson There's a new Fantasy King at SYD, Callum Mills.
Chad Warner seems unable to keep up his scoring to justify his continued presense in sides
But all the talk has been on WTF to do with Highmore .....surely the Coach hates him, and he didn't do himself any favors last week, he must be gone for the season now, but I can't seem to jettison him from my side

1622694378269.png

ADELAIDE vs COLLINGWOOD
The Crows’ general theme of Fantasy irrelevancy doesn’t look like changing anytime soon. Rory Laird is not playing as well as was the case in the last 3rd of last season, but everyone has him
Fathead Jimmy Rowe finally returned to more expected spudly form, another I can't seem to get out of my side.
Sam Berry will miss with concussion and in the process put his owners out of their misery waiting for that one game where he finally scores.

Grundy broke all Coache's hearts last week with a (C) performance that all would like to forget

Jack Crisp has been a beacon of consistency in recent times, might be worth it as a POD in defence, given how much time the ball spends down there in addition to his occasional midfield time.
Steele Sidebottom looks to be cooked ....while Caleb Poulter continues to produce as a solid on-field rook. The rooks are really where the Pies have any real Fantasy interest.

ESSENDON vs RICHMOND
The Bombers are absolutely flying and Darcy Parish continues to be a driving force with some unbelioevable scores . Good luck to those with him, but also having Zach Merrett is not great for byes ....plus Parish is now too expensive

What's happened to Ridley .....flying B4 his concussion, he has failed to regather the form that made him a DEF must have. That bugger Redman is doing to Ridley, what Dawson has done to Lloyd

With Nank going down, I'm pinning my R2 hopes on Coleman Jones, who should have more Ruck minutes with Chol ......RCD has a stay of execution, pending Team Selection ......and Ralphsmith, possibly my worse trade down for the year ....a Fantasy Spud
For Dusty Owners, R15 is when he generally starts playing the season .....so not long to go folks

CARLTON vs WEST COAST
It was only a matter of time before the form of wonderkid Sam Walsh attracted some attention – the Swans rotated a few blokes through him and although his effort can never be questioned, his influence was certainly curtailed. His captains were subjected to distinctly differing fortunes – Sam Docherty was put back into defence and struggled his way to his worst score of the season while Patrick Cripps turned in a virtuoso performance reminiscent of the SP of old, 27 possessions and 3 goals carrying the fallen stud to his best score to date.

Crippa has been moving significantly better in the last month and even another throwback performance

For West Coast, Gaff has been a big disappointment .....hopefully with Yeo back and the Capt back soon, Gaff will recapture some form
Nic Nat is having a purple patch of form .....but a Fantasy Selection, not a chance with his averages.

FREMANTLE vs WESTERN BULLDOGS
Nothing good came out of Fremantle’s performance against Port last week – and when I say nothing I mean nothing. Nat Fyfe, Adam Cerra and Andy Brayshaw all failed to reach the ton and the task doesn’t get any easier this week against one of the competition's top 2 midfields.

Rumors of Darcy's secret injury, also potentially robs Coache's of another trade option for Grundy ......I would suggest he'd be the most popular option, but his injury history does not fill one with confidence

The Dogs will be hoping to rebound from their loss against the Dees and many Coaches will again look to Jack Macrae, the stud having returned to proper SP form in the past fortnight.
The Bont didn’t have much of an influence against the Dees, Bailey Dale continues to stamp his credentials as a legitimate option and his rise appears to be coming at Caleb Daniel’s expense.

Cody Weightman was heavily traded in last week but as expected found the going a fair bit tougher against the Dees

But Melbourne sides aways struggle at Optus .....but expect the Bulldogs to bounce back with a vengeance

So lets get this next 3 weeks under way ......and may the Force be with you

S484.gif

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin’s wife Brooke has made a devastating revelation that she told her husband to stay away from the family.

The star’s immediate future remains unclear after the club confirmed on Wednesday he may return to Victoria to be with his family.

It was revealed earlier on Wednesday Cotchin had spoken to officials about leaving the Tigers’ camp in Sydney in order to return home after one of his daughters was admitted to hospital.

Cotchin has been forced to leave Melbourne to continue the AFL season, leaving his family behind in Melbourne as a result of the city’s lockdown.
The news emerged when Cotchin’s wife Brooke posted a photo on Instagram showing one of the couple’s daughters in a hospital bed.

She posted a heartbreaking message on Instagram claiming she wanted to put the needs of the football club before her own family — partly motivated out of fear that she would be abused online by cowardly trolls.
She said their ill child also wants her father to play in the Tigers’ Dream Time game in Perth this weekend against Essendon and to watch on the television.

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin’s wife Brooke has made a devastating revelation that she told her husband to stay away from the family.

The star’s immediate future remains unclear after the club confirmed on Wednesday he may return to Victoria to be with his family.

It was revealed earlier on Wednesday Cotchin had spoken to officials about leaving the Tigers’ camp in Sydney in order to return home after one of his daughters was admitted to hospital.

Cotchin has been forced to leave Melbourne to continue the AFL season, leaving his family behind in Melbourne as a result of the city’s lockdown.
The news emerged when Cotchin’s wife Brooke posted a photo on Instagram showing one of the couple’s daughters in a hospital bed.

She posted a heartbreaking message on Instagram claiming she wanted to put the needs of the football club before her own family — partly motivated out of fear that she would be abused online by cowardly trolls.
She said their ill child also wants her father to play in the Tigers’ Dream Time game in Perth this weekend against Essendon and to watch on the television.

Can’t believe that’s a news article 🥴

Did lmao at that Highmore woody pic😂😂😂

On a personal note, my life can’t get much worse. Lock down and Bailey Smith isn’t on his bye week 🤮

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith is a “premo” in my team. Well I at least forked out a premo price for him 😂

So, depending on how you view them - if we go on price now and final position (for example Whitfield is in mids, but will likely move back next week).

Missing D2, D4, M2, R1, F1.

D6, M1, M3, M6, R2, F1 & F5 on the pine for me after likely trades.
21 Green dots.

Last edited:
Only have 17 keepers in my team.

Lose 4 of them this week.

D4-M2-M5-F1............so fielding 13 keepers and 8 rookies, got NFI who the lowest 3 scores could be, looping Rowe into Treacy so 1 of them possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back