Review Round 12 - Geelong defeat North Melbourne by 37 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scotty on 360 said it looks like Black might have damaged his ACL either partially or fully. :(

Oh no! **** these injuries to our Kittens! Well, to all of our players. Just when Black was looking good! What have we done to the Footy gods? Or the Cosmic Joker? How long for an ACL? He'll probably need surgery.

Thanks Burro, it's really not my style to play the person :)

That free kick seems dubious to me. Adams was going for the ball, arrived first, Smith arrived after, then fell over him. Smith should have stayed out of the way.

While looking for that video, there was another article about Gilligan's Annual Senior Coaches' dinner + that the congestion of the game will be discusses. Scott is going + said he loves the idea of players going wherever they wish + suggested starting points at centre bounces.

Just out of interest, how do you clever aficionados see the game against Richmond? Fast, run + carry, free flowing or a grind, inching the ball against congested play?
Paying more frees might stop congestion. Umps don't seem to know what incorrect disposal is. If they think they will get a free against them then they will not kill the ball as they do now. Anyway the free will move the ball away and more frees will lessen the problem of a 32 to 17 free count, 52 to 37 might not make much difference. I can't see free kick slowing the game at all but it would clear the stoppages.

As for the next game.....slow and tight for first half and then one team will open up a lead in the 3rd. Have to hope that will be Geelong.

Oh no! **** these injuries to our Kittens! Well, to all of our players. Just when Black was looking good! What have we done to the Footy gods? Or the Cosmic Joker? How long for an ACL? He'll probably need surgery.
12 months.

Can't blame a guy for wanting to go back to family. Thing is, why would we develop

No problem...all good. Interesting that on the AFL site there is an article about a free that was paid agianst Adams today for taking the legs...Was it a free?. I guess the AFL and umps feel that if there is no talk about something then it didn't happen. Shades of the Dons drug affair.
No it wasn't a free, no sorry didn't used to be a free. Now anything can happen depending on the thoughts of any Umpire at any time. Or whether they are paying attention. Or on what the instructions of the round are.
Time to stop the stupid behavior of Umpire Ray, they are not the reason why we go to the football.

I thought the umpiring in the carlton game was one of the worst I'd seen in ages then a solid win against the boys in yellow on the weekend. It really needs to be addressed. There was a section of play were geelong laid 4 or 5 tackles in a row, each one should've been paid holding the ball then it's a ball up. Gazza was going off about it, rightfully so. Next play geelong gets done holding the ball. As always no consistency at all.

No it wasn't a free, no sorry didn't used to be a free. Now anything can happen depending on the thoughts of any Umpire at any time. Or whether they are paying attention. Or on what the instructions of the round are.
Time to stop the stupid behavior of Umpire Ray, they are not the reason why we go to the football.
AFL are writing a new book......"18 shades of grey"

Can you see them building a premiership list though? Or just doing what they've done the last 2 times under BS?
It looks like the latter to me. I think they'll be so desperate to spend their cash, they'll pay someone ordinary far too much to come in at the end of the year and it will f**k them up.

Why are they so desperate to do that when up until Sat it was looking pretty good-actually ten minutes in and only ten down-what are we going on about here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only one team can win it, and this time 12m ago, not many thought the Tigers were the premiership list.
GWS has that list, but nothing going right for them.
Half of Last years prelim teams are struggling to even make the 8 this year.
They would have love Josh Kelly at NM. Pity he stayed on at GWS from that pov.
Good they are not our problems.
At the same time though, GAJ makes us look so much classier. His presence has been timely with Danger's limited preseason and injuries, but we know he has possibly one season only after this one.
Who would have thought we'd be even thinking that many don't want Taylor or Hendo back in the team for some time yet. Bizarre.

The thing i like the most about Gaj Saturday was the assistance he gave joel in fighting the tag and how happy this made joel so much (1st time seen joel happy for a while) so he gave gaj a big hug which isn’t sort of Joel’s way really IMHO and few words then they had laugh. Joel has looked a man carrying a big burden around called the geelong football club until sat.

When Gaj spoke the other night he acknowledged two things of note(apart from how his brothers going);
1. How much he respects joel captaincy of Geelong-looks up to him-room was abit oooh aah oooh
2. That paddy is fantastic at getting around and just relaxing everyone with laugh a joke before a game or just in general and Gaj really warms to his presence. So i think we’ve got a terrific leadership group with Gaj, Joel, Mitch,Paddy, Hawk and Harry.

Sorry had to post Geelong into fourth!!
a63fdf0ea0cd07e2feeaf0d4b70a3d9a.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back