Review Round 12 - Gold Coast vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 is a replay of 2018
Is it worse to be thrashed in Shanghai or Western Sydney
Same game plan as last year
Same results
A few early wins off the back of sustained effort followed by the inevitable injuries and falling away late in games
Riska would be better than some of the favourites Dew is selecting
After 10 years I’m nearly over it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

2019 is a replay of 2018
Same results
A few early wins off the back of sustained effort followed by the inevitable injuries and falling away late in games

Was thinking the same thing about the results so far but somehow this year seems to give me more hope for the future than last year. God knows though we simply must continue to beef up our medical and conditioning teams, and build up a lot of our players’ size and resilience, otherwise this is going to turn into Groundhog Day.

2019 is a replay of 2018
Same results

Chin Up Sandy.
GWS will win the GF this year and I hope they do actually.

I’m pumped for this. Finally coming back to Metricon, spending a week on the Gold Coast after. I think some here are only seeing the doom and gloom after today. The result was still 30+ point better than the last time we played at western Sydney, and I’d go as far to say we are a ‘weaker’ side now. Take this game and the Adelaide game away and we’ve been competitive for much of the game, even today we were competitive till half time.
I love this club, I love what Dew is building. There will be floggings along the way but there is no way we are the same or worse than last year.
We’ve came forward with what is allegedly a worse team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we see Miller and Harbrow back going to need it with Bowes going down. North looked good but every club does the first week of a new coach.

North struggled a bit early in that first quarter with Richmond’s pressure forcing them wide and backwards but as the game went on the pressure dropped right off

After last game, this home again North is a big one.
Don't want back to back stinkers.
Getting beat is one thing, not bouncing back another.
Winning not essential (especially with so many key injuries) but a competitive performance essential.

I'll be going with the whole family.
First live game for the year.
North running on top of the ground at the moment.

Midfielders need help badly. I'd bring Brodie in - get him to match up on Cunnington.

Running very bare there at the moment.
Fiorini, Macpherson, Martin, Swallow, Miles are just about the only guys we can put in the centre square

We seen Hombsch struggle with Hawkins, Ben Brown is gonna be a handful. We caught North at a bad time but it's still 50 50, we play well at home, and if Holman can nullify Higgins, then pit our dogs against theirs at the clearance then let our kids run.. huge chance

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

We seen Hombsch struggle with Hawkins, Ben Brown is gonna be a handful. We caught North at a bad time but it's still 50 50, we play well at home, and if Holman can nullify Higgins, then pit our dogs against theirs at the clearance then let our kids run.. huge chance

It's disappointing, because Hombsch as a second defender was performing fantastically. It's also meant Ballard has to play a KPD role, when he's far more suited to a loose intercepting role. We're really missing Thompson and Collins right now. It's no wonder the 3 talls of GWS were able to run amok

Hombsch will be much better off against Brown, he is quick enough and smart enough with his body positioning to nullify him. Hawkins just dominated him in 1v1 brute strength. Brown is a lead and mark player, drop someone in front of him or don't let him get separation and he doesn't have an impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Back