Review Round 12 - Gold Coast vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

How far back do we need to go to find 2 Suns players with +30 touches?
All the way back to round 4 when they had 3 with 30+. Had two with 29 last round

Boys and I left at half time
Sick of watching kids and VFL standard players running out in our strip
I'm afraid if "the Challenge" has been accepted it's sadly proved beyond the reach of this group
Matthew Lloyd proving he knows a bit more about football horse flesh than some of the dreamers on our board
He's still a total knob though

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Martin been invisible today.

More talent in his little finger than most AFL players but has a pea for a heart.

That's why he is not a board with the Sun's new regime, has no vision and no ticker.

Although they didn’t get much of the ball, I thought there were some positive signs from Luko and Kingy tonight. The ability is there, just need to nurture and grow it.
Yep, very encouraging. King has looked better every game he's played which is fantastic. Luko slowly warming into it after we have shuffled him around quite a bit. I wonder if he will get the Murdoch role? Looked to be playing there in the final quarter and saw a lot of it.

Glad we stayed to the end. Mrs Bods didn’t succeed in us going home early.
Yeah it was over at quarter time which is just disgraceful but it could have been a 100 point disaster and in the end it was just a disappointing loss.

And I’m in my home on the Beautiful GC again
When you’re right , you’re right. Holidaying on the beautiful coast for the next week. Love this place.

Brodie played better at AFL level today than he has during any of his NEAFL games. Impacted the contest and made smart decisions.

Some guys just play better at AFL level than NEAFL level for some reason. Dunno if it's pacing, the style of play or what. Allir Allir is another guy like that. Swans friend of mine regularly regales me how awful he always is at NEAFL level.

Brodie played better at AFL level today than he has during any of his NEAFL games. Impacted the contest and made smart decisions.

Some guys just play better at AFL level than NEAFL level for some reason. Dunno if it's pacing, the style of play or what. Allir Allir is another guy like that. Swans friend of mine regularly regales me how awful he always is at NEAFL level.
The bizarro Matt Shaw

The worst quarter of the year. Since 1st qtr the effort was ok. North was not flash either.

Negatives
We did not show up in 1st qtr
We have too many best 22 missing, at the moment we are fielding 2-3 years younger teams with half game experience
A lot of players running on fumes, ready for break
Sexton totally out of it
Smashed in clearances in 1qtr
Witts, Swallow look exhausted

Positives
Ballard, King, Lukosius, Powell, Harbrow, Weller
Brodie will make it, I was surprised by his urgency (absent in NEAFL)
North did not run over us in the last qtr. They looked as tired as us

I’m not sure if the coach was just keeping his praise for Brodie tight in his press conference so Brodie doesn’t get ahead of himself or it’s clear he doesn’t like him.. I guess time will tell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back