Preview Round 12 - GWS Giants vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday 9th June 2018, 4.35pm, Spotless Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
That other half has been just about everything - it was the Members GA bar at one point, then a function area, then a women's bar for a couple of games, then just empty, then... I'm never sure what it is as a result, but there's generally a lot more room.
If you get there slightly earlier, there are nice lounges to sit in. Good luck, though. They get full quickly.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Spotless is enclosed on 3 sides with very little wind around the southern goal. Wrap him in scarf & beanie and he'll be fine.
Yes, once they are in between people they are protected.
Plus, they’ll get to hear me going, ‘aaaaaahhhhhh-OOOOOSSSHHHH’ when the boundary umps throw the ball in. Kids love it.
Collingwood Adults called me a Pr!ck for doing it at the G :)

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Were on the home turn now.
2 easier games a bye and players coming back every week now.
We should be firing on all cylinders come finals time.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Suns line up from the Cats game

Harbrow Thompson Joyce
Rischitelli May Hall
Weller Miller Ah Chee
Martin Lynch Sexton
Heron Day Brodie
Witts Ainsworth Swallow
Young Bowes Ballard Holman

Outs are Hall and May and maybe Young
Leslie to come in for May and then other possibles are Barlow, Lemmens and Lyons but none have the run of Hall but although the side has talent it is a very inexperienced team the Suns will put on the park and with Shiel and Kelly performing on the weekend I am feeling confident about this game for the first time since the Lions and I think Coniglio is a strong chance to play this weekend and think it may be a chance for Taranto to miss if Coniglio and Reid to play
For a second year Taranto has played 11 in a row and he has had plenty of time in the midfield and with a hard second half of the season he will be due a rest at some stage and 2 weeks now could work for him
And I am still on the drop HH train and it could be good for him to go back to the NEAFL and kick a few goals for a few weeks and then reassess how the team is going round 15 for him but it could depend on Patton finding some goal kicking form

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Suns line up from the Cats game

Harbrow Thompson Joyce
Rischitelli May Hall
Weller Miller Ah Chee
Martin Lynch Sexton
Heron Day Brodie
Witts Ainsworth Swallow
Young Bowes Ballard Holman

Outs are Hall and May and maybe Young
Leslie to come in for May and then other possibles are Barlow, Lemmens and Lyons but none have the run of Hall but although the side has talent it is a very inexperienced team the Suns will put on the park and with Shiel and Kelly performing on the weekend I am feeling confident about this game for the first time since the Lions and I think Coniglio is a strong chance to play this weekend and think it may be a chance for Taranto to miss if Coniglio and Reid to play
For a second year Taranto has played 11 in a row and he has had plenty of time in the midfield and with a hard second half of the season he will be due a rest at some stage and 2 weeks now could work for him
And I am still on the drop HH train and it could be good for him to go back to the NEAFL and kick a few goals for a few weeks and then reassess how the team is going round 15 for him but it could depend on Patton finding some goal kicking form
Taranto laid a game high 9 tackles, that’s not the sign of a tired player. He won’t be rested.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Taranto laid a game high 9 tackles, that’s not the sign of a tired player. He won’t be rested.

I agree that his performance doesn't indicate he needs a rest but I think it is the long term development of the player that needs to be taken into consideration, I can only recall Toby playing over 20 games as a first or second year player for the club and it is taking into account the back half of the season is where his impact will be needed more and the Suns is a good opportunity to get a player like Cumming or Shipley in as the matchups are more likely for them in this game

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
GIANTS v Suns
Saturday, June 9 at 4:35pm
Spotless Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
FB: Harry Perryman, Phil Davis, Heath Shaw
HB: Sam Taylor, Nick Haynes, Lachie Whitfield
C: Matt de Boer, Callan Ward, Adam Tomlinson
HF: Sam Reid, Harry Himmelberg, Josh Kelly
FF: Jeremy Cameron, Jonny Patton, Zac Langdon
Ruck: Rory Lobb, Ryan Griffen, Jacob Hopper
Interchange: Tim Taranto, Dylan Shiel, Daniel Lloyd, Aiden Corr
Emergencies: Jeremy Finlayson, Dawson Simpson, Brent Daniels, Adien Bonar

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MartinLifts130

Senior List
Feb 22, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey guys, historically speaking how would you rank the following players in terms of likelihood of being tagged? Especialyl when Gold Coast has been running 2 taggers per game.

I think:
1. Shiel (most likely to be tagged)
2. Kelly
3. Ward (Least likely to be tagged)

Do you guys share the same thoughts? Thanks

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Hey guys, historically speaking how would you rank the following players in terms of likelihood of being tagged? Especialyl when Gold Coast has been running 2 taggers per game.

I think:
1. Shiel (most likely to be tagged)
2. Kelly
3. Ward (Least likely to be tagged)

Do you guys share the same thoughts? Thanks

Likely to be Shiel and Kelly and then maybe Whitfield but it would depend on the game situation
I would like to see Hopper have a standout game and also Perryman to get more involved in the game as he seems to be having minimal impact although only a second year player This is the game he could have an easier matchup

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I wish he would go back to bad news and bagging.
eb22ee55cc295f4d4146ae2616b845cb.jpg

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
GAME DAY!

Time to show last week wasnt a fluke.

Yes. Hoping they don’t think it’s an easy win and we get some percentage. I think that’s going to help later on.
Good to see options slowly coming back into the team.
MDB for Cogs is a good choice.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Does anyone know what Tobie’s foot has planned for the rest of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back