Game Day Round 12, GWS Giants vs Sydney Swans, Sun 12th June, 4.40pm, Spotless Stadium

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
I posted on the main board essentially that we have seen a changing of the guard and they wont beat us for a long time now. Swans supporters really didn't like it for some reason! I beleive it's true though and time will tell.

Yeah, saw that. Not so sure myself. I can see them having the wood on us at the SCG while we will beat them at Spotless. Sort of a home team takes the chocolates sort of thing.

SenatorSmith

Rookie
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
What a day! Just got over the repercussions of having a big derby day/night. Can't wait till next years or even a final this year. So proud of the team with that win.

Anybody else notice the boys sang "the longest strides and the highest leaps" in the team song this week. Someone at the club must have noticed they have been getting it wrong

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
What a day! Just got over the repercussions of having a big derby day/night. Can't wait till next years or even a final this year. So proud of the team with that win.

Anybody else notice the boys sang "the longest strides and the highest leaps" in the team song this week. Someone at the club must have noticed they have been getting it wrong

I've noticed over the last few wins that they've been getting it right. Started slowly with a few voices singing longest, then a few more, now everyone pretty much gets it right all the time.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Good win for you guys. :thumbsu:

Griffen always has and always will cut us up. Even at the dogs he used to get 40 possession games against us. Don't know why, but the guy just runs riot against us. When i saw he was in before the game, i thought it was a bad omen for us.

Losing Tippo, Rohan (and for a large chunk, Mills) in the second half made it less fun (although i imagine you guys enjoyed it just fine :p), but i did like the first-half contest. Looking forward to the next one. :thumbsu:

Make the finals, and please, smash a few more Vics on the way, would you?
Just one thing, don't like anyone being injured. Apart from empathy with player footy is meant to be fair contest.

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
I have one at work too...
image.jpeg

Blueboy75

All Australian
Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Well done on the win:thumbsu:, also great to see Spotless packed out & the battle of the bridge getting stronger by each game you play each other:thumbsu:;).

Back