Game Day Round 12, GWS Giants vs Sydney Swans, Sun 12th June, 4.40pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of empty seats for a sell out. Didn't those with the freebies turn up?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah. He's no longer playing for the 'Dogs

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Seriously, where's our Moderator? Can someone delete these posts and dock this troll 3 points?

Not getting too carried away with the win because Sydney were clearly playing with heavy legs from the GC deluge last week + their injuries namely Tippett. Still a solid performance all round. Williams would have to be up their with one of the most improved players in the comp and Greene's ability to find the goals is invaluable.

Shame some of the members didnt turn up to really pack the place out.

General and isnamedthegiants with days off already? Did those guys try to post on the swans board? That trigger happy mod with the chip on his shoulder must be sookier than usual.

Highlights of the night

1 winning (obviously)
2 The guy for the Toyo challenge saying that he switched from the swans to the giants... Then making the kick and winning!
3 Stevie J flooring Buddy, even though the swans scored from that play.

General and isnamedthegiants with days off already? Did those guys try to post on the swans board? That trigger happy mod with the chip on his shoulder must be sookier than usual.
It's the only place I've ever been banned from, and that was for calling a w***er a w***er, it's not like telling people "Here's your sign" should be seen as anything other than a public service imo

Wow, what a day. Great game. Excellent win. Awesome crowd. The 100k goes off. Driving home down the M4 and a massive shooting star lights up in front of us heading West! One very happy camper right here.

Add to that the gutsy come from behind win from the ressies - best day i've had at the footy for a long time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a genuinely good performance by our boys. But I will concede that we did get the rub of the green a little bit - firstly meeting the Swans after their hard game in the wet last weekend (and they did look a bit leg-weary), and secondly with their injuries throughout the game (especially Tippett). However, those are aspects that can't be controlled, and while it does give the Swannies supporters some reason to shrug off the result somewhat, I'd point to our record against fellow top 8 teams as being what's impressive for us. Wins (all at home admittedly) against Hawks, Swans, Geelong & Bulldogs are showing that we are starting to win regularly against the better teams and becoming very able to defend our own turf. Particularly impressive was that we kept Buddy, Kennedy and Parker pretty quiet in the first half, and while they certainly lifted in the second half, our boys opened up the throttle too.

While we do need to learn how to win on the road, I'm happy just to sit back and savour a really gritty, enjoyable performance today.

Tippett going down was significant, Rohan as much through the reduced resting rotations available as anything else.
Happens to teams all the time though and has happened to us plenty as well, can only beat what's in front of you, and it's reasonable to state we were on top when the big dude went off..
Really proud of the intensity of contest applied from start to finish.

Many congratulations, put simply even without the injuries we were outworked and to put it pretty bluntly outcoached tonight. Many congratulations and I really hope there is an all Sydney final in some shape. Great crowd too and it was wonderful to see them all involved. Plus I got Scully first goal scorer as a bet so although we lost my account is healthy lol

My impression of the game was the Swans will struggle to beat us for a while now. Our outside run did get on top of them and I cant see them turning that around anytime soon. I watched Wilson and others run rings around them.

Good strong win!

Just some points.

Nick Haynes is nearing MVP status for us. No doubt Shaw, Cal and Mummy are still ahead but this kid is something very special. His poise, calm and ability to read the play is only matched by his athleticism, willingness to run into the hole and beautiful ball use. The guy is an unmitigated star and is in All Australian form.

Lachie Whitfield is improving more than any player on our list. Yesterday he showcased his electric speed both inside and outside with Leon clearly pinpointing this as a weapon. Yeah he missed a sitter but this bloke has courage and puts 100% in every week. Could end up the best of the lot after another year building his strength up.

The trio of Wilson, Williams and Johnson are the 3 most exciting players in our team and bring joy to footy. Their combination of run, daring and the unexpected is what makes us so watchable...even for opposition fans.

Geez we are good already but next year I shudder to think!!

Well it was fantastic to go to a Sydney Derby with such an even spread crowd of Giant and Swans fans. Spotless is a great place to watch footy.

Gee our backline is going well - can't come up with the superlatives to describe them.

I love Toby's work, such a competitor. Dylan Shiel reminds me of a young Shaun Burgoyne.
Patton is slowly getting his touch.
Whitfield and Kelly have really stepped up this year.
Scully is awesome.

My impression of the game was the Swans will struggle to beat us for a while now. Our outside run did get on top of them and I cant see them turning that around anytime soon. I watched Wilson and others run rings around them.
Much as I would like to agree with you, I don't think such an absolute statement can be made. Recall how we overran the Swans in pre-season, and while we accepted it was only pre-season, it looked like we might have an edge over the Swans this year. Then we lost the first H&A game this year, on the back of being beaten in the inside contest. I'd just like to believe that the next 10 matches between us won't be 2-8.

Good strong win!

Just some points.

Nick Haynes is nearing MVP status for us. No doubt Shaw, Cal and Mummy are still ahead but this kid is something very special. His poise, calm and ability to read the play is only matched by his athleticism, willingness to run into the hole and beautiful ball use. The guy is an unmitigated star and is in All Australian form.

Lachie Whitfield is improving more than any player on our list. Yesterday he showcased his electric speed both inside and outside with Leon clearly pinpointing this as a weapon. Yeah he missed a sitter but this bloke has courage and puts 100% in every week. Could end up the best of the lot after another year building his strength up.

The trio of Wilson, Williams and Johnson are the 3 most exciting players in our team and bring joy to footy. Their combination of run, daring and the unexpected is what makes us so watchable...even for opposition fans.

Geez we are good already but next year I shudder to think!!
On Whiters, I watched in awe in the third when he made a run across the ground from wing to wing to be second target out of defence. Wasn't just a show of endurance, but break away pace. I thought I was watching Sculls for a moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back