Autopsy Round 12: Hawks v Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Crap news on Sicily. To go down at that point with the game done and dusted and where a split second difference in timing would have resulted in a different outcome is a bitter pill for him to have to swallow.

I hope his rehab goes well and he gets back on the park ASAP. He's an exciting player and a fun pantomime villain for us oppo fans.

The Ben Simmons effect, oppostion teams need not worry about our mids bursting from the centre square and
can set up with little of no defensive structure.
A huge issue that gives opposition a small win at every centre clearance.

If we do burst clear we let ourselves down with disposal generated by perceived pressure.
No has nothing to do with that our midfields it’s fine in terms of personnel it’s our forward line not functioning well at all, a lot of west coast entries Weren’t amazing disposals just to advantage of players that could make use of it. How many times do our forwards fumble marks O’Brien Nash Mitchell Lewis it’s infuriating and we never seem to kick more goals than points. We need key forwards that do their job, and 2-3 elite pressure forwards.

No has nothing to do with that our midfields it’s fine in terms of personnel it’s our forward line not functioning well at all, a lot of west coast entries Weren’t amazing disposals just to advantage of players that could make use of it. How many times do our forwards fumble marks O’Brien Nash Mitchell Lewis it’s infuriating and we never seem to kick more goals than points. We need key forwards that do their job, and 2-3 elite pressure forwards.

IMO it's a little bit of both. Our midfielders don't have the footskills required to pinpoint a forward lace out so 75% of the time they go for the long bomb to hotspots for our forwards to contest and bring to ground. But our talls forwards have been pretty horrible this year at actually impacting the contest - the one that probably does it the most is O'Brien and he can't buy a mark - and if the ball does hit the ground our chosen group of smalls have been pretty disappointing in pressuring and locking it in. Another thing I've noticed is that our forwards have been very stagnant in their movement when we're about to deliver into the forward 50. I wonder if there's a directive not to lead or if they're just horribly lacking confidence.

I would like to see Glass play on the wing for the remainder of the season with Smith and Henderson out injured. He had a career high in marks, tackles and inside 50s against West Coast.

As long as he’s not playing as a half back flanker ever again, I think he might do okay in this new role.

Not blaming you , but a dozen posts of how you just knew it was a medial and not acl was over the top.
Mate GTFO. There’s a difference between saying you think and knew and I most certainly never said I knew. I was going off past experience of being hurt in a similar fashion. I put my hand up in that I got it wrong but please don’t go putting words in my mouth. Going on like you are now doesn’t help anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I've done an ACL and shared my experience which was no pain, no noticable loss of movement until after it cooled down, ONCE
How many times did you need to post your incorrect assumptions and misdiagnosis ?
Why did it need 12 posts?
Going on like you did didn't help anyone or add anything to the discussion.

Mate GTFO. There’s a difference between saying you think and knew and I most certainly never said I knew. I was going off past experience of being hurt in a similar fashion. I put my hand up in that I got it wrong but please don’t go putting words in my mouth. Going on like you are now doesn’t help anyone.
And I've done an ACL and shared my experience which was no pain, no noticable loss of movement until after it cooled down, ONCE
How many times did you need to post your incorrect assumptions and misdiagnosis ?
Why did it need 12 posts?
Going on like you did didn't help anyone or add anything to the discussion.
Take it to PM if the two of you want to continue this

If Shaun Burgoyne is given the tap on the shoulder, he should get the biggest send off possible as been nothing short of brilliant since he came across from Port Adelaide.

Class act on and off the field and would be very disappointed that if he does retire, that the club doesn't give him a job to stay at the club at some capacity; looking after Indigenous welfare or something because he is a champion.

Watching the footage of the players reuniting with family was really touching. I wonder if this was a factor playing on the players minds in the game against WCE.

IMO it's a little bit of both. Our midfielders don't have the footskills required to pinpoint a forward lace out so 75% of the time they go for the long bomb to hotspots for our forwards to contest and bring to ground. But our talls forwards have been pretty horrible this year at actually impacting the contest - the one that probably does it the most is O'Brien and he can't buy a mark - and if the ball does hit the ground our chosen group of smalls have been pretty disappointing in pressuring and locking it in. Another thing I've noticed is that our forwards have been very stagnant in their movement when we're about to deliver into the forward 50. I wonder if there's a directive not to lead or if they're just horribly lacking confidence.
Our midfields foot skills are better than what they’ve shown. If we sort the forward half out the rest will come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back