Preview Round 12 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions @ Giants Stadium, Friday 4 June 2021 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi mate, hearing that Lester's pretty much certain to come into the side. Do you reckon Madden goes out for him?

This is not in any way Supercoach related btw
If he's fit he's best 22 and yeah would likely come in. Who would be dropped would be between Prior, Madden and possibly Ah Chee IMO. Could even swing magnets around and drop Mathieson or Robertson. Whoever goes will be unlucky.

I've got him in my side too

Hilarious

He's the best footballer on our team, so obviously he comes straight back in this week if available.

however, theoretical question. Does a team get to the point where stars reduced the teams effectiveness? We see it with forward that always want the ball kicked to them, and young players respond even if they should take the shot. Does it happen in the midfield and the backs?

I figure no in the backline, but not sure I'm the midfield.

And to be clear, I think Lachie is a team player so this question isn't aimed at him.
Really good point.

I think as a team we are less reliant on our best players than previous years and thatā€™s due to guys stepping up.

We now have multiple options all across the ground who have stepped up week after week.

I think balance is the key and with a guy like Lachie he doesnā€™t pick up useless possessions just to get a stat

Last edited:
Anyone with any useful skills would choose a career other than being a footy journalist.
A journalist with a law and commerce degree tells me heā€™s got some useful skills and probably far more intelligent than those making fun of his grammar on a tweet.

ROUND 12 FIXTURE (All times AEST)

Friday June 4

Melbourne v Brisbane Lions, Giants Stadium (7:50pm)

Saturday June 5

Sydney Swans v St Kilda, SCG (1:45pm)

Adelaide v Collingwood, Adelaide Oval (4:35pm)

Essendon v Richmond, Optus Stadium (7:40pm)

Sunday June 6

Carlton v West Coast Eagles, SCG (3:20pm)

Fremantle v Western Bulldogs, Optus Stadium (6:40pm)

BYE: Greater Western Sydney, Geelong Cats, Gold Coast Suns, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be dropping Prior. Something about him , like to see how he goes in a big match like this.

I'm not a great Lester fan and hesitant to disrupt the current set up , but I can see against this opposition someone more experienced and taller could help.

If Neale comes in Matho could be the unlucky one there.

If Robertson, Prior or Madden miss out in the words of MacArthur they'll be back.

Ah Chee is good and versatile . Dunno why anyone would want to drop him.

If it's Neale and Lester back in I think the outs will be Mathieson and Coleman, Neale straight swap for Matho, Lester back 6 for Ah Chee who replaces Coleman's role.

This is probably what happens but I would swap Ah Chee to go out for coleman.

Prior unaffected by Neale as he is purely outside. Big test will be what happens when Berry is back. I was pretty impressed by how much ground Prior covered last week.

Going to be some real headaches at the selection table not only this week but for the rest of the season as well. Neale n Lester likely available this week, Answerth played ressies last week, J Berry n Payne back after the bye, Matho playing good consistent football. Then there's the 5 young blokes (Madden, Prior, Devrob, Kiddy, T Berry) that have stood up and performed well, Tom Joyce pushing with each game. Cockatoo building his fitness. It's nearly an embarrassment of riches.

I can see many blow ups here with everyone pushing for their faves. The reality is that whoever comes in to the best 22 we can be confident they can play their role and do the club proud. If Lester n Neale are good to go, in they come. My only concern with Neale is the lack of match fitness and how long it will take to get his timing and touch back. The midfield has been humming along nicely recently, is this the game to bring Neale back or would the game against norf after the bye be better? But if there's a player in the club that could hit the ground running after a med term injury I guess the brownlow medalist would be it. (I've just negated my own concern I think).

Anyway, should be a cracker of a game Friday. We can be confident with whatever team is selected. If we can manipulate Melbourne's defense, dragging their tall defenders around the ground, I think we can get over them. The midfield will have to be on the ball too. It won't be a run away win, it will be a real arm wrestle. Even if we're down 3-4 goals coming into the last qtr I'm confident we can fight back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back