Preview Round 12 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions @ Giants Stadium, Friday 4 June 2021 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Don't need him. Delist

Hilarious

He's the best footballer on our team, so obviously he comes straight back in this week if available.

however, theoretical question. Does a team get to the point where stars reduced the teams effectiveness? We see it with forward that always want the ball kicked to them, and young players respond even if they should take the shot. Does it happen in the midfield and the backs?

I figure no in the backline, but not sure I'm the midfield.

And to be clear, I think Lachie is a team player so this question isn't aimed at him.

We should be doing everything in our power to get this game at the Gabba. Tom Morris reported last night that he heard a few people from the lions saying they were expecting the game to be at the gabba, however, noted there would be an integrity issue if we were given another home game. The ironic thing is, it wasn't a home game to begin with. Melbourne already sold this game, and if we can incentivise Melbourne to sell this game to us, then wouldn't that be better? I don't think anyone wants a top 4 clash to be held at an empty stadium in Sydney when we can get 25-30k there for Friday night.

We should be doing everything in our power to get this game at the Gabba. Tom Morris reported last night that he heard a few people from the lions saying they were expecting the game to be at the gabba, however, noted there would be an integrity issue if we were given another home game. The ironic thing is, it wasn't a home game to begin with. Melbourne already sold this game, and if we can incentivise Melbourne to sell this game to us, then wouldn't that be better? I don't think anyone wants a top 4 clash to be held at an empty stadium in Sydney when we can get 25-30k there for Friday night.
It wouldn’t be a home game for the Lions anyway.
It would be at the Lions home ground but would not be a home game.
So Melbourne members will be given first crack and then it would go to the lions members to ‘purchase tickets’ and then to the General Public.
So there is every chance it wouldn’t be a massive crowd.

If the Qld government allows it to be in Qld (which I doubt), the AFL would send it to Metricon so it's not a "home away game". Same as they did last year.

We've done the fixture flip with other teams. Surely it should be possible with Melbourne too.

Example:
Melb vs Bris becomes a Brisbane home game.
WC vs Melbourne (rd 21) becomes a Melbourne home game.
Bris vs WC (rd 23) becomes WC home game.

Admittedly, that's not as good for us, because we get the Perth trip, and one less Vic game. But the general idea. That was a 5 second look. Even if we had to ripple out slightly more and include an extra team or two, it should be possible.

Example:
Melb vs Bris becomes a Brisbane home game.
WC vs Melbourne (rd 21) becomes a Melbourne home game.
Bris vs WC (rd 23) becomes WC home game.
Problem with that is we then have to fly to Perth twice 2 weeks apart.
Not real keen on that idea personally.

Problem with that is we then have to fly to Perth twice 2 weeks apart.
Not real keen on that idea personally.

Until there's another outbreak and everything changes again.

Round 23 isn't the worst with the bye the following week but as you said 2 in Perth with a week in between is a bit awkward.

Good for perth based supporters though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn’t be a home game for the Lions anyway.
It would be at the Lions home ground but would not be a home game.
So Melbourne members will be given first crack and then it would go to the lions members to ‘purchase tickets’ and then to the General Public.
So there is every chance it wouldn’t be a massive crowd.
May not be massive but would get 22K easily
I am sure most of our members will pay to attend the game
Some may opt to drop down in category but that's fine
As others have said the Qld Government will play a part
Playing at Metricon would at least get a better crowd that SCG/Giants Stadium but by how much?
Getting to Metricon Friday evening will turn lots of members off making that trip.

Reports have said that the QLD government paid 5-6 million dollars for the 1st SOO to be in Townsville, we need to hit up our pal Annastacia for a measly million or so to get the game at the Gabba.

May not be massive but would get 22K easily
I am sure most of our members will pay to attend the game
Some may opt to drop down in category but that's fine
As others have said the Qld Government will play a part
Playing at Metricon would at least get a better crowd that SCG/Giants Stadium but by how much?
Getting to Metricon Friday evening will turn lots of members off making that trip.
I would pay to go to a Gabba game.
But on Friday night, not sure I would get to Metricon.

They're really cutting it fine. Perhaps waiting on approval from the QLD Government otherwise they would've already announced Sydney.

Could be depending on the other games, e.g. whether St Kilda and Sydney will play in Syd or in Cairns if St Kilda can get an exemption. Might be a concern about how many games the SCG can safely host with the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back