Preview Round 12 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions @ Giants Stadium, Friday 4 June 2021 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I would like him to come through the seconds. Give him a couple of games to earn his spot in the seniors. No gifting games anymore.

Is there a level below the VFL team? I really feel Lachie should have to earn his spot in the seconds

ForzaRoma

Team Captain
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In: Neale, Lester
Out: Matho, Madden

Lock it in
Hope not. I think Matho is the perfect finals type player, and this is a finals type game. He brings aggression to the club and gives us an edge that not many other players bring. Would be a real shame to lose him on Friday night

Is there a level below the VFL team? I really feel Lachie should have to earn his spot in the seconds

He just needs to get his match fitness and touch back with a few games of halftime Aus Kick. Should see him back in the senior by round 16 or so.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Hope not. I think Matho is the perfect finals type player, and this is a finals type game. He brings aggression to the club and gives us an edge that not many other players bring. Would be a real shame to lose him on Friday night
His problem is that he brings average to below average skills and below average running ability to the side as well.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Matho is ideal for games like this and the one V Tigers where his aggression is an asset.

Ralphy2017

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
like others believe
Neal and Lester are the ins

Would appear Madden and Matho out. Shame really with club going well in the absence of Neal, might have been more beneficial with missing this game and then the extra weeks break with the bye, but Neal and club would know best and he is the BM so if 100% fit should play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
like others believe
Neal and Lester are the ins

Would appear Madden and Matho out. Shame really with club going well in the absence of Neal, might have been more beneficial with missing this game and then the extra weeks break with the bye, but Neal and club would know best and he is the BM so if 100% fit should play.
Disagree. With the bye next week, Lachie's return for this game is ideal and then gives him an additional week off to recover. He is our best player and if selected he is 100% fit to play by the medical staff.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
The boys will stir Lachie up at training next week if he comes back in and they lose(all in good fun of course), IIRC in 2019 Harris was out for 4-5 games and we won all those games and he came back in and we lost.

More bays are opening up now.
Looks like there'll be a good crowd.

1622708223665.png

moncon

Benchwarmer
Apr 18, 2012
Taverne Monte Cristo
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Matho is ideal for games like this and the one V Tigers where his aggression is an asset.

I can’t remember any player ever really getting into Petracca or Oliver’s face and I reckon Matho could do that, and I would like to see it, put them off their game type of thing, however it’s his disposal that always worries me, I’m always clenching my jaw when he gets the ball hoping he’ll hit a target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back