Preview Round 12 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions @ Giants Stadium, Friday 4 June 2021 7:50pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Madison madden and Berry out. Only Lester and Neale in.
What does that mean?
They will choose one of emergencies either
Think it may be Mathieson in case the unthinkable happens

21] Tom Fullarton,[36] Rhys Mathieson,[38] Connor Ballenden,[42] James Madden

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Rhys was the obvious out for Lachie, a little disappointed that Madden is the out for Lester, really think he brings something unique to our team and is improving rapidly, still plenty of time on his side though.

thedaz

Senior List
Aug 2, 2019
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal
I know Neale is all class but I feel that perhaps it could be a mistake to play an undone Neale over Mathieson who really delivered against the tigers

Lame. Matho is one of the kindest players at the club and the fact that opposition fans are still seething over him only makes them look pathetic, tbh.

tbh I couldn’t care less about what others think of our players. Not within my control and completely irrelevant.

irish

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2002
hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NHFC demons & SH/SB sharks
Very sad for matho deserved his spot , he gives us that edge , Neale is a great player , would I rest him before the bye ? Mmmm maybe

madden also stiff , demons are fast , he would have been handy

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think Madden's a bit green but has performed admirably and stiff to miss out to Froggy who is in for structural reasons. Plus they love Froggy.

Personally I wouldn't have made this change but there really isn't much in it either way . I still think we've looked better with that extra dash out of the backline.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think Madden's a bit green but has performed admirably and stiff to miss out to Froggy who is in for structural reasons. Plus they love Froggy.

Personally I wouldn't have made this change but there really isn't much in it either way . I still think we've looked better with that extra dash out of the backline.

Lol. For real?

We're dropping a three game rookie due to popularity bias and structural reasons?

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Lester is probably the right guy for now plenty of experience and a rock down back. Madden will certainly be best 22 though eventually

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Hope not he seems to have come on a bit with a few games in the seniors. Gives us an aggressive edge as others have said and could take over Robbos role in a couple of years
I must have missed where Matho has developed any sort of running ability to play a wing position.

If Mathieson is still playing regularly in a couple years time then I’d have concerns for our team.

At best he is a depth inside midfielder and comes in due to injury here and there

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dees play 3 talls above 195cm so we basically had to bring in Froggy. Plus he is clear best 22.

If Jimmy had played maybe 10 more games I might say we should drop Ah Chee isntead, but hard to do so when he's played 3. Rate his development and he will get his chance in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back