Preview Round 12 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions @ Giants Stadium, Friday 4 June 2021 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matho should be medical sub, if someone comes off bashed by Melb (like by that cheap shot merchant Steven May), a cranky Robbo and Matho will be just what we need. Someone before me here said, no-one really gets in the face of Oliver or Pettracca, I'd love to see the 'madmen' stick it to em.

Unlucky for Madden, I think he just adds something different to the team. I like watching him play. He will be back no doubt. Keeping Kiddy over Madden suggests fwd pressure, keeping them locked in their own half, is the strategy we are going with.

I'm glad Devrob n Prior hold their spots. I don't know their stats but by impression they hit their targets by hand and foot a bit better than others. Devrob has gone pretty well on some of the other leading mids in the comp, I reckon he will take his turn when needed to pester Oliver this week.

Expecting high quality games from Neale and Lester in a big match like this. It will be an arm wrestle, but I've got a feeling that we might want it a bit more, that they've set themselves for this one. Knowing the bye is next week nothing will be left in the tank, bodies will be put on the line. I think we will over run them in the 4th qtr for a 3 goal win and come home with the 4 points.

I must have missed where Matho has developed any sort of running ability to play a wing position.

If Mathieson is still playing regularly in a couple years time then I’d have concerns for our team.

At best he is a depth inside midfielder and comes in due to injury here and there
Yes, he is exactly what you say he is, depth, a game here or there, but I would much rather him in that role than CEY. And I hope he is here long after CEY is. I do believe his running has improved this year, i have seen him bust a gut to get into a position to receive the ball and been overlooked many times. Yet he kept on trying. He will never be a wingman and I think the idea of him taking over from Robbo relates more to his aggression and enthusiasm rather than position.

Before Lester hit his purple patch he was criticized for his lack of abilities, but he was often championed here by many as the ultimate club man, valuable to the club, a big influence on the young blokes. I'm one that believes players like that are important in a club. Matho fits that bill and who knows, like Lester, he may hit a purple patch down the track. Everyone knows he won't stop trying to do so.

Bit disappointed they dropped Matho, hes been playing his role well and he brings aggro and gets under the opposition's skin. Would have preferred Prior or Deven out instead, but I guess that may have thrown out the team balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back