Oppo Camp Round 12 Non Pies Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
This round is a big one for us. A win would see us break away from the likes of GWS and Melbourne and could also see us gain ground on others in the 8 who have tricky games. A loss sees us right back in the pack fighting it out for the final spots in the 8.

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The way this season is going, it wouldn't surprise me if Essendon beat St Kilda.

As for Geelong vs Port Adelaide, I'm not even sure who I want to win.

I think Essendon will beat Saints. Saints rely too much on scoring from clearances. If bombers win the clearance battle, they should win.

We definitely should barrack for Port. They’re gonna make top 4 anyways. If they beat cats, we jump over Geelong.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Essendon will beat Saints. Saints rely too much on scoring from clearances. If bombers win the clearance battle, they should win.

We definitely should barrack for Port. They’re gonna make top 4 anyways. If they beat cats, we jump over Geelong.

My thinking was that if Geelong beat Port Adelaide, and we beat them as well later in the year, there's a chance we could be just 2 points behind them. Probably makes sense to go for Geelong this round, but it's probably one of those win-win games at this point in time.

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
My thinking was that if Geelong beat Port Adelaide, and we beat them as well later in the year, there's a chance we could be just 2 points behind them. Probably makes sense to go for Geelong this round, but it's probably one of those win-win games at this point in time.

We might not get an opportunity to jump over Geelong for the rest of the season. Their run home is Port Adelaide at Gabba, Adelaide Crows at AO, Essendon at TBD, Richmond at TBD, Sydney Swans at TBD, Western Bulldogs at TBD.

They might only lose to Port & Richmond. If they beat port, they basically gurantee themselves a top 4 spot.

At this time of the year you keep hoping that the top couple of teams keep on winning, except against us of course. We are no chance for top 2 so let Port and Brissy continue to knock off our competitors for the other spots in the top 4, or even top 8.

I don't see how Geelong would be any match for port. Port should be too fast for them. Geelong like to control the ball and slow it down.

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
What is the current rule regarding hands in the back? Is it not allowed, is it forearms only or has it gone back to one motion is okay?

Last edited:
What is the current rule regarding hands in the back at the moment? Is it not allowed, is it forearms only or has it gone back to one motion is okay?

I thought it was you can protect your space, that is stop your opponent coming back into you, but it cannot be a push forward motion. Hawkins did a push out 3 times in the space of 10 minutes there but he seems to be allowed to get away with it.

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hawkins did a push out 3 times in the space of 10 minutes there but he seems to be allowed to get away with it.

Hence why I was asking for clarification.

Hence why I was asking for clarification.

It appears to be like any rule, depends on who’s doing it - Hawkins push out, Martin high fend off and HTB, Selwood & Shuey ducking. Judd back in the day could just drop the ball when tackled and never get pinged for incorrect disposal/HTB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back