Preview Round 12: St Kilda vs Essendon, Woolloongabba, Sunday 16/08/2020 @ 3:35 PM AEST

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merrett has been playing much more outside lately. Think he’ll continue to spend a lot of time in the wing
Those inside/outside spots aren't saying they'll spend all their time there. Merrett is still attending CB more than Langford or Cutler who are playing pretty much entirely on the wing

Will they use guelf to shut down butler or just hope team defence will work, a few people in here not sold on Clarke , I’m a fan

It will very interesting to see what impact Clarke has around the contest. If he is allowed to hunt ball and pressure we should get better service from Merrett, Parish and McGrath. Either way the Saints aren't overly defensive so these guys need to be finding targets.

It would be great to see Begley get some some time in the middle as well as forward and i think Mutch will get his opportunity to show us he can hold down a wing. If they go down this path they can give McKenna a license of half back and play him as the 7th 'defender'.

I reckon we have been way too easy to play against for years. Whatever 'brand' we are building i want it to be based on a strong physical contest and these moves are a step in the right direction for that.

I still don't see us winning this one but hopefully these guys show enough to get more games

Will they use guelf to shut down butler or just hope team defence will work, a few people in here not sold on Clarke , I’m a fan
If Guelfi plays on Butler we might as well pack it in. Your son is no good.

Rutten wants the team to learn the system. This means we'll persist with the forward pressure game. McKenna will play forward I think for that reason. St Kilda will be too quick for us though; they'll get the ball out the back and kill us with pace all afternoon.

Hope not. Butler would kill Guelf on the fast break.

Saad to Butler please. Gleeson to Hind?

Hill is a worry, who can go with him? is Mutch quick enough?

No good , kept the next big thing to one goal , you and dapper need to get on board
He had 4 very getable shots on goal. When your opponent has 4 shots on goal you haven't done your job.

I think it will be

Saad to Butler - Butler in great form but Saad one of the best small defenders in the business and can hurt the other way
Gleeson to take Hind - slower than Hind but reads the play much better and is better in the air
Hill is a big worry - maybe give Cutler a defensive role on him

I think we are a good chance here with a line up like this;-

Zerk Hurley Gleeson
Guelfi Ridley Saad
Cutler Shiel Merrett
Snelling Langford Tippa
McKernan Stewart Townsend

Draper Parish McGrath

Bench: Clarke McKenna Begley Mutch

Comon Dons!

I think it will be

Saad to Butler - Butler in great form but Saad one of the best small defenders in the business and can hurt the other way
Gleeson to take Hind - slower than Hind but reads the play much better and is better in the air
Hill is a big worry - maybe give Cutler a defensive role on him

I think we are a good chance here with a line up like this;-

Zerk Hurley Gleeson
Guelfi Ridley Saad
Cutler Shiel Merrett
Snelling Langford Tippa
McKernan Stewart Townsend

Draper Parish McGrath

Bench: Clarke McKenna Begley Mutch

Comon Dons!
Yeah will be interesting.

Maybe they could counter Hill with McKenna fwd (if Hill plays off half back). Would prefer McKenna back but Hill can be damaging.

Hoping for a good effort but fearing a Bulldogs style loss. Ham might have been a better option than Cutler. Feel we are a bit short in the pace dept against saints.

Well we have the equal 4th youngest side named this round and the least experienced side.

St. Kilda are equal 4th with us and 5th least experienced side

Yeah will be interesting.

Maybe they could counter Hill with McKenna fwd (if Hill plays off half back). Would prefer Mcenna back but Hill can be damaging.

Hoping for a good effort but fearing a Bulldogs style loss. Ham might have been a better option than Cutler. Feel we are a bit short in the pace dept against saints.
This would've been a better balance. Plus Cutler should have been dropped anyway. They need to make something tasty out of Ham i reckon because he has the tank to play the style we need. Cutler offers next to nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes, Nick Hind. I have good memories of him.

Can’t wait for him to absolutely terrorise us today and ruin my memories.

Tiny bit early but meh. 😊

Game day thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back