Preview Round 12: St Kilda vs Essendon, Woolloongabba, Sunday 16/08/2020 @ 3:35 PM AEST

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon we will win this week but then things will send us back to the real world.

quite excited to see Mutch back.
keen to see Begley in a mostly midfield role
If past experience with bringing in guys we expect to play in the guts has taught me anything, than it is to not get your hopes up here.

Listening to Woosha - it didn't sound like Begley playing as a midfielder is that likely. He pretty much intimated that lots of players in the scratch matches have had to move around and play other positions and that's its good for his development. Basically he said lots of words that I interpreted to mean that he'll be playing forward.

If any hints being dropped by Whoosh in the team selection clip, they'll plonk Begley in the goal square and drop balls on his head for three quarters before desperately throwing Draper forward and Langford into the ruck. Recipe for success.

Snelling, Begley, AMT, McKenna and Langford are all really good around the goals and really smart users, am hopeful of a bit more connection going forward this week.

Anyone want to guess how they will line up/play? If they refuse to play anyone new in the middle will they actually put Begley and Townsend in the same forward line and then if so where will they hide Clarke?

With Smith out and looking at the inclusions i think they will have to play a proper inside mid or we will have slow flankers everywhere.

I think they are actually going the whole hog and will rotate Begley and Clarke through the middle and play Mutch in Zakas role. I think that's the only way it all fits. Happy days!!

Anyone want to guess how they will line up/play? If they refuse to play anyone new in the middle will they actually put Begley and Townsend in the same forward line and then if so where will they hide Clarke?

With Smith out and looking at the inclusions i think they will have to play a proper inside mid or we will have slow flankers everywhere.

I think they are actually going the whole hog and will rotate Begley and Clarke through the middle and play Mutch in Zakas role. I think that's the only way it all fits. Happy days!!
Looking at it I reckon it'll be:

7 defenders: Hurley, Zerk-Thatcher, Gleeson, Ridley, Saad, Guelfi, Mutch/McKenna
5 inside: McGrath, Parish, Shiel, Merrett, Clarke
3 outside: Langford, Cutler, Snelling/Mutch
1 ruck: Draper
6 forwards: Stewart, McKernan, Begley, Townsend, Walla, McKenna/Snelling

So it'll either be Mutch defence, Snelling wing, McKenna forward or McKenna defence, Mutch wing and Snelling forward

7 defenders: Hurley, Zerk-Thatcher, Gleeson, Ridley, Saad, Guelfi, Mutch/McKenna

So it'll either be Mutch defence, Snelling wing, McKenna forward or McKenna defence, Mutch wing and Snelling forward
I thought they might put the Irish back for this one so personally I would go for the second version because it's less disruptive. Be interesting to see what they go with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be really interesting to see how we go today. Lots of elements that supporters have been asking for on display:
- Begley, Mitch and Clarke are all over 4’10 and all are very strong runners.
- Draper is the ruck we’ve been waiting for.
-We’ve been calling for the heads of Smith, TBC and Zaka. All are out this week.
- A properly structured forward line with two talls, including Stewart and his newly found beast mode.

I think we’ll look different - expect our defensive transition to be much stronger and I like the extra size in the team. Not saying we win but expect we’ll be super competitive.

I thought they might put the Irish back for this one so personally I would go for the second version because it's less disruptive. Be interesting to see what they go with.
It would probably be more disruptive tbh. Not sure who Mutch plays on though if he does play back

Will be really interesting to see how we go today. Lots of elements that supporters have been asking for on display:
- Begley, Mitch and Clarke are all over 4’10 and all are very strong runners.
- Draper is the ruck we’ve been waiting for.
-We’ve been calling for the heads of Smith, TBC and Zaka. All are out this week.
- A properly structured forward line with two talls, including Stewart and his newly found beast mode.

I think we’ll look different - expect our defensive transition to be much stronger and I like the extra size in the team. Not saying we win but expect we’ll be super competitive.
Yep the balance looks much better today. Strength of the team is obviously quite weak given we have a lot of inexperienced players, but hopefully our energy is up. I'm hoping they play with the desperation that Clarke did.

These changes suggest experimenting with McKenna up forward has come to an end.
Townsend, Langford and Stewart leading at the pill should give us a bit more to aim at up forward.
I think with the addition of Begley and Townsend we're far more likely to see Langford on a wing with stints up forward

These changes suggest experimenting with McKenna up forward has come to an end.
Townsend, Langford and Stewart leading at the pill should give us a bit more to aim at up forward.
Yeah, athough he made a few good passes, his tackling pressure up forward was lacking. He is more value running off half back.

We have struggled moving the ball forward this year. Slow kicks to the flanks will not win you many games.

Merrett has been playing much more outside lately. Think he’ll continue to spend a lot of time in the wing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back