Preview Round 12 - Sydney vs Melbourne @ The MCG, or How a Footy Club was Murdered

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy has been given a week.

In: Amartey Blakey Wicks
Out: Franklin Roberts Ronke

Would still like to see Fox in for COR. Just think Fox is a better one on one defender and is our best match for Kosi Pickett.
Don't mind this. Would also consider Stephens in for Heeney, if Heeney is carrying an injury as many suspect.

McInerney has had a few down games. Looking forward to seeing him play better next week. Not worried about him, but we need him playing well to win imo.
Yep, I think the bye will do him the world of good... needs a little rest!

Yep, I think the bye will do him the world of good... needs a little rest!

yeah wondered if he had a niggle, that first goal of the 3 rd quarter he got outrun and looked a touch off his usual movement

hope we appeal buddy, would like him at the g for this one

Yeah but at the same time, he misses this, then we have the bye, thats a 3 week break between games. Surely that means he would play out the rest of the season. Horse said at the start of the year he won't play a full season. If he plays next week, then the bye comes, he will likely have another rest.

I had a feeling either Freo or Swans would break Melbourne's win streak, I guess Freo got there first. Is back-to-back losses too much to ask?

All I know is the Swans will come out ready for the challenge, if we get beaten it'll be because we just weren't on their level, I don't think the Swans will sleepwalk into this match.

Hoping for the win, and think we're capable, but we'll need to play out of our skins.

Mcinerney got plenty of the ball yesterday including contested possessions. It was really encouraging, he should build on it with better ball use v dees.

Lets not write off the Ladhams/Hickey combo after 1 game :p Any word on how many games Hickey will miss?

Mcinerney got plenty of the ball yesterday including contested possessions. It was really encouraging, he should build on it with better ball use v dees.

Lets not write off the Ladhams/Hickey combo after 1 game :p Any word on how many games Hickey will miss?
Don't write them off after one game, but this won't be the game to go back to it. They don't stop running and we'll have to match them there if we're a chance.

It will be a huge challenge for Ladhams, but I'd like to see them back him in as the number one ruck next week. He played out of his skin last night, and we should reward that with some faith in him as our main man.

May is a very big out for the Dees, and their backline looks far more vulnerable without him there. On one hand I think we need another tall, but McLean is out of form, and I'm not sure Amartey will have much influence against their backline. If Amartey plays, his main role should be minimising the influence of whoever Melbourne send to him.

Our fate in this game was sealed earlier today. The outcome of the Freo vs Melbourne game was arguably the most predictable of the year. At HT Melbourne were two wins, 20% clear on top of the ladder and five goals ahead of Freo. There was only one way that game was ever going to end.

Unfortunately for us, Melbourne couldn't wait one more half of footy before putting the cue in the rack. We now face the best team in the comp with the added spice of having a point to prove.

Anything within a 30 point loss will be a respectable outcome for us.

Last edited:
Melbourne will come out absolutely firing next week to dispel what happened last night.
We just gotta go with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McInerney has had a few down games. Looking forward to seeing him play better next week. Not worried about him, but we need him playing well to win imo.
He looked to turn things around a bit qtr 4 last night

Our fate in this game was sealed earlier today. The outcome of the Freo vs Melbourne game was arguably the most predictable of the year. At HT Melbourne were two wins, 20% clear on top of the ladder and five goals ahead of Freo. There was only one way that game was ever going to end.

Unfortunately for us, Melbourne couldn't wait one more half of footy before putting the cue in the rack. We now face the best team in the comp with the added spice of having a point to prove.

Unless they are running into a bit of a flat spot

So you predicted that? I don't think anybody saw that coming at half time. And you're already throwing the towell in for next week? get real.

So you predicted that? I don't think anybody saw that coming at half time. And you're already throwing the towell in for next week? get real.

I tipped Freo by 29 points. A goal and a half off the margin and I stood by it at HT. What did Melbourne have to play for?

And no towels being thrown in here. I think Melbourne at their best have every team's measure in every area of the ground. I think they will be at their best now that they've had a loss. So I would be absolutely flabbergasted if we won this. Stranger things have happened, but at the end of the day it's just a tip. I just want us to give our all.

I tipped Freo by 29 points. A goal and a half off the margin and I stood by it at HT. What did Melbourne have to play for?

And no towels being thrown in here. I think Melbourne at their best have every team's measure in every area of the ground. I think they will be at their best now that they've had a loss. So I would be absolutely flabbergasted if we won this. Stranger things have happened, but at the end of the day it's just a tip. I just want us to give our all.
They seemed to lose the plot completely once Stephen May was subbed out.

Sure, they’ll re-group & plan for a game without May - but I do sense we’re catching Melbourne at a reasonable time.

I reckon Warner will be like a cat on a hot tin roof this week. Saturday night at the g, against the best team in the comp with the 2 best bulls in the game playing in his position. He would be frothing at the mouth to get out there this week.

I guarantee he will be looking for a moment to put either tracca or clarry on their ass this week to really announce himself

For the first time in years I'm hoping Reid keeps his spot this week. With buddy out and Logan as the main focal point, even with may out, Melbourne are a terrific defensive unit and we need reids experience up there.

Also we need to play heeney as a permanent forward. He will at least take up a good defender and help spread the defence.

Dees loss to Freo has done us zero favours. Hard to see Petracca having another shocker.

May out will help us but you would think that they will bring in another tall defender.

I'd like to see these changes:

McLean in for Buddy.
Blakey in for Roberts.
Ronke in for Wicks.

Amartey has probably been better than McLean in the VFL but I really like the McLean, McDonald & Reid forward line. Despite the lack of big names there, it has, over the past year and a half, been our best functioning trio of talls.

Blakey in is a no-brainer. No shame in Roberts not being ready. He's had a taste, now back to the VFL to learn and build on it.

As for Wicks, he had his chance and he didn't take it. Horse might've forgiven a quiet game, but the ill-disciplined moment on top of it, no bueno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back