Round 12 Trades - First Week of the Bye Rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I'm looking at:

Whitfield -> Laird (for 50K cheaper over Houli)
Scrimshaw -> Gardner (for ze cash)
Witherden -> Coniglio

With $382k in the bank.

Could actually go Ross to Cogs in that last trade but I'm betting on Witherden bleeding a tonne of cash and having a negligble score difference to the 18th best on field. This plan is mostly a setup to bring in premos after their byes so I'm chasing value this round instead of going flat out for say Houli and Josh Kelly.

Right now I'm looking at:

Whitfield -> Laird (for 50K cheaper over Houli)
Scrimshaw -> Gardner (for ze cash)
Witherden -> Coniglio

With $382k in the bank.

Could actually go Ross to Cogs in that last trade but I'm betting on Witherden bleeding a tonne of cash and having a negligble score difference to the 18th best on field. This plan is mostly a setup to bring in premos after their byes so I'm chasing value this round instead of going flat out for say Houli and Josh Kelly.

Ross far less likely to be a top 8 mid from now to end of season (assuming it's Seb Ross), than witherden being top 6 defender. Brisbane have a nice draw.

If it's Jack Ross, if you've got 18 you can probably hold a week or two until moving him is easy

Ross far less likely to be a top 8 mid from now to end of season (assuming it's Seb Ross), than witherden being top 6 defender. Brisbane have a nice draw.

If it's Jack Ross, if you've got 18 you can probably hold a week or two until moving him is easy
Yeah, it's Jack. I've got 21 this week and I'm planning for him to go next week. OBaker's score will probably be with 10 of Witherden's.

I'd prefer not to trade whit. Seen so many people miss him after his last injury because of trading.
**** waiting for the flog, get points now, if you miss him, so be it

Has burnt me big time here

If I somehow have 5+ trades left with a somewhat respectable side then I might try and grab him again, but for mine he's made of glass

Can't trust his durability now

**** waiting for the flog, get points now, if you miss him, so be it

Has burnt me big time here

If I somehow have 5+ trades left with a somewhat respectable side then I might try and grab him again, but for mine he's made of glass

Can't trust his durability now
Gonna have to tattoo to my forehead to pick Gaff as a starter next year.

Gonna have to tattoo to my forehead to pick Gaff as a starter next year.
Yep

Gaff, Oliver, Zerrett, Danger, Neale, maybe Treloar, maybe Fiorini?, Titchell probably if fully fit just hope he doesn't become a Michael Barlow injury prone type now, Hunter even is capable I guess

All pretty durable and consistent scorers, Treloar only really had one bad injury in his career which was last year.

In terms of completing my side, Whitfields injury and Witherdens form are now massive problems in terms of having a completed side by R15, it simply won't be, both should be set and forget, but lol at that plan now, too many points wasted. I'll have to field more inferior types in my final side, like Brayspud at M8 and Newnes/Westhoff for F6-7. Brodie Smith at D5-6 seems a luxury to be honest considering he's pretty consistent and has a decent floor of 72, something these other spuds don't have.

It'll be a trading plan until about R16 now, maybe even later on like R17-18 if I need to squeeze cash out of rookies/wait for premiums to drop.

I like the Burgess and Gardner swing idea, they'll provide heartbeats or loopholes, so as long as I have another DPP type next to them or a decent rookie/failed premo type on the pine as coverage then it'll work. Much better than having Parker/Young sitting forward providing no flexibility imo.

Parker and Young will be needed through the byes, but then they'll likely be culled straight after the byes as I don't want them onfield by then plus I'll want a Newnes swing with Setterfield or another MID/FWD rookie if i cash in on Setterfield at M8-9/F6-7 as I'll need another bench spot which Parker/Young are taking up. Might get a good return on Parker if the right rookie is available, but Young is simply a bust, hopefully he gets to about Scotts price and a 130k rookie is available to give more downgrade cash.

Walsh will be upgraded on his bye to a midfielder if I keep Witherden, or a defender if I upgrade say Witherden to Cripps/another mid. This call on Walsh/Witherden will likely impact what I do with Duurs and Answerth, would love to hold for a swing, but I don't think I'll have the generation there to hold, so they likely get moved on after the byes.

I think I'll only make 1, maybe 2 trades next week, Bewley for Scott probably. Of if I can squeeze Witherden to Cripps in then I might do that, but I don't think I can afford it through a downgrade/upgrade.

Will likely go hard on DPP moves the next few weeks to fix my structure up and get the right players in, but by R15 I should have improved my side somewhat...
My team won't even be completed by round 22. :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Yeo being out with a calf (probably to round 15) meant I would most likely lose my cash league match by around 30. Trading Yeo for Treloar guarantees me a win.

ended up doing 591k Beams(mid) -> 464k Perryman(def)

after last night's 96pts, he is now averaging 92.50 from his last 4 games
Definitely a good pick. He could find the footy as a junior. I started him in Fantasy and had him most pre season in RDT as well. For him to score 20 odd and end up with broken ribs and a punctured lung in the first game sucked. I know 2006_Eagles felt that pain, as he started him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back