Round 12 Trades - The Byes Begin

Are you going to trade or hold Lachie Whitfield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jelly is not just a "good one" - he is the best one.

He's the best one 'right now'. He's not going to score 130+ every week for the rest of the year. If you look at the scoring graph of just about every top player, they have purple patches of 5-6 really high scoring games but eventually there will be a lull in scoring, whether they pick up a niggle, cop a tag or their team gets smashed but it will happen. It's no different than when Boak, Whitfield & Neale were averaging 130+ and people just couldn't see how they won't average that much for the whole season and forked out 600k+ for them.

He's the best one 'right now'. He's not going to score 130+ every week for the rest of the year. If you look at the scoring graph of just about every top player, they have purple patches of 5-6 really high scoring games but eventually there will be a lull in scoring, whether they pick up a niggle, cop a tag or their team gets smashed but it will happen. It's no different than when Boak, Whitfield & Neale were averaging 130+ and people just couldn't see how they won't average that much for the whole season and forked out 600k+ for them.
It is about paying for the experience Birchy!

Opting to trade in O.Baker even though he is $165,500.

Dees supporters - is he more assured of a spot in your team now? Who else that isn't playing in your best 22 could bump him out?

Would prefer to grab a rookie that looks to have an assured spot over a $102k chance that is no certainty of keeping his spot.

Thankfully SC prices mean absolutely NOTHING as far as a rookie's JS goes, otherwise Stack wouldn't have made 250k+ profit from a 102k investment while averaging just under 80 :)

18 Trades, minimal bank 18K - Love to hear your trade strategy/advice
With Whitfield out I have 18 playing before trades.
Thinking Whitfield - Houli (get two games before bye)
Can grab Lloyd in Rd 14/15
I'm looked at ditching Corbett but he's actually playing.
1559890184940.png

Thankfully SC prices mean absolutely NOTHING as far as a rookie's JS goes, otherwise Stack wouldn't have made 250k+ profit for a 102k investment while averaging just under 80 :)

I guess my point is, i'm going for job security over full blown cash grabbing. I was referring to Gardner as the $102k player also, who has come straight into a team whose coach has shown his volatility with regards to positioning, and other dropping rookies (Hayes etc).

As a Dees man, how do you see Baker's spot?

I guess my point is, i'm going for job security over full blown cash grabbing. I was referring to Gardner, here, who has come straight into a team whose coach has shown his volatility with regards to positioning, and other rookies (Hayes etc).

As a Dees man, how do you see Baker's spot?

Baker's played 3 games while we've had a lot of best 22 players out. He's been plucky and shows heart, but if he plays out the year then we're clearly tanking.

1. Stocker is out round 14 fyi.
2. Stay away from Hanners. You are better off waiting a week later to do 1 up and 1 down to grab a true mid.

Cheers. My inclusion of Hanners is only half serious. But yeah would be great if I could wrangle a 1 up 1 down. My future midfield is already crap enough without him in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which means:

Whitfield -> Sicily (I have 21 green lights so this allows me to free up trades for next week
Moore -> Rotham
Balta -> Laird

Next week:
Walsh -> Clarke
Atkins -> Bewley
Ansfault/Setterfault/Stockfault -> Boak

Then triple upgrade the next week. Arousing.

Stuff it, I'm going for the Hail Mary

Three premo defenders in Laird, Stewart and Sicily in week 12.
A couple of downgrades to Bewley and Clarke (probably) week 13.
Westhoff and Baker upgrade to Grundy and Boak week 14.

Will end up with no bench but with the following team and 7 or 8 trades.

Def: Lloyd, Laird, Stewart, Sicily, BSmith, Hore (Answerth, rookie)
Mid: J Kelly, Fyfe, Oliver, Rockliff, Cripps, BCrouch, Steele, Brayshaw (Bewley, Clarke, Scott)
Ruck: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
Fwd: T Kelly, Dangerfield, Heeney, Greene, Dunkley, Boak (Begley, Young)

Of course, it won't happen - but you've gotta have faith, even though its the hope that kills you every time.

Stuff it, I'm going for the Hail Mary

Three premo defenders in Laird, Stewart and Sicily in week 12.
A couple of downgrades to Bewley and Clarke (probably) week 13.
Westhoff and Baker upgrade to Grundy and Boak week 14.

Will end up with no bench but with the following team and 7 or 8 trades.

Def: Lloyd, Laird, Stewart, Sicily, BSmith, Hore (Answerth, rookie)
Mid: J Kelly, Fyfe, Oliver, Rockliff, Cripps, BCrouch, Steele, Brayshaw (Bewley, Clarke, Scott)
Ruck: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
Fwd: T Kelly, Dangerfield, Heeney, Greene, Dunkley, Boak (Begley, Young)

Of course, it won't happen - but you've gotta have faith, even though its the hope that kills you every time.

1559892356987.png

giphy.gif

Baker's played 3 games while we've had a lot of best 22 players out. He's been plucky and shows heart, but if he plays out the year then we're clearly tanking.

Who do you have to come back into the side that could displace him, or will he be contending with other fringe players?

Will Hayes is no chance of getting a game after the bye, right? Has he even been an emergency since being dropped?

Back