Round 12 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd be pretty gutsy to trust him now but i guess at his price he could be an ok option. Its a no from me though. I already have a defender thats been disappointing in McDonald (although his last round was promising). Instead i'm looking at keeping Austin as my D7
I was going to take a bottomed out Zorko, and also Brayshaw after his third game. Didn't pull the trigger on either. I just think Hibberd might become relevant again now.

Anyone looking at Hibberd as cover/D7 type with Lever now out for the season ?? Dirt cheap and could get back to some of his scoring ways. Especially now if Laird was to miss. That is a huge spanner in the works.
I brought up him, McDonald and Witherden as options for this the other day in the defenders thread, then McDonald went huge so he'll be too expensive now

Hibberd is bottomed out now at 472k and has scored 80s the last two weeks, I guess if Laird is going to miss the whole bye period if he indeed has broken a finger or something then banking 205k now, then bring him back in after his bye could work if you have the trades for it.

I brought up him, McDonald and Witherden as options for this the other day in the defenders thread, then McDonald went huge so he'll be too expensive now

Hibberd is bottomed out now at 472k and has scored 80s the last two weeks, I guess if Laird is going to miss the whole bye period if he indeed has broken a finger or something then banking 205k now, then bring him back in after his bye could work if you have the trades for it.
Don't think laird will miss with a broken finger.
Cant affords to have him out.
They are on the brink of finals. And too depleted. He will play surely

If Laird and Cogs miss might throw a spanner in the works...luckily this buy isn't harsh....

Austin in is a no brainer, maybe for Cole or Coffield, i have Barry on bench doing nothing, if not named ill downgrade to a non round 13 player to gain 1 there since going to be the hardest bye. 3rd trade, ill probably look at Ronke to Walters or something.

Austin doesn't suit my bye structure, as I already have Laird, Lloyd, Seedsman and Rice unavailable Round 14.
I question whether he plays when Brown/Carlilse return in the next couple of weeks
But there is nobody else to trade in this week. Mihocek might play this week, but very unlikely he plays once Reid and Moore are available. Ahern is a good one, but I can't be adding any more R13 players at this stage.

Am I crazy for thinking about not trading at all this week ?

Could go Heron as a cheap D8.
There are two different ways I could possibly trade this week, each with their own downside

Out: Billings, Murray
In: Macrae, Austin/Mihocek/Heron

Positive here is I finally get Macrae. Negative is that My D6-D8 is Mirra, Rice, Austin/Mihocek/Heron and I will have to upgrade one of these to Simpson at some stage.

Other option
Out: Mirra, Murray
In: Simpson, Austin/Mihocek/Heron
Positive here is that my defence is finished (trading in Simpson still leaves me with 21 for this week), but I use up a great cash cow in Murray which will make getting Macrae pretty difficult (only other Cash cows are Guelfi, Spargo, Brayshaw and Phillips), plus I keep Billings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bradkli, who are you bringing in this week?

At the moment I’m not trading. I have yeo. Simpson. Mitchell and McLean on bye. Laird will be out as well and potentially coniglio. If that happens I may have to bring in a rookie.

Edit: I’ve also got Ridley who will be dropped. Rice who may miss with the dreaded general, so my backline potentially will be savage and coffield, that’s if he comes in for geary. This was meant to be the easy bye round. #cursed

Last edited:
At the moment I’m not trading. I have yeo. Simpson. Mitchell and McLean on bye. Laird will be out as well and potentially coniglio. If that happens I may have to bring in a rookie.

Edit: I’ve also got Ridley who will be dropped. Rice who may miss with the dreaded general, so my backline potentially will be savage and coffield, that’s if he comes in for geary. This was meant to be the easy bye round. #cursed
lol a post with some semblance of positivity, didn't long though with the negative ninja edit.

Some players just seem to never last 22 games a year and a lot of them are decent fantasy types

Buddy: he may never come close to his 2016-17 durability again, going back to his oldself
Fyfe: always getting suspended or a niggle pops up, has never played 22 HnA games, reckon he gets suspended
Robbo: every single year injured or suspended, broken toe now
Adams: after surprisingly playing every game last year, gets injured early this season
Walters: made of glass
Gazza: hammies made of glass

Now Laird: missed heaps of games with a foot or something in 2016, lets see what happens this week. Don't want to label him as injury prone, but these types of things leave me unconvinced of being a durable type, like Kade Simpson
Hard to consider a broken hand or any contact type injury as not durable. With soft tissue injuries such as calfs, hamstrings, suspensions etc - no argument.

Does anyone expect Austin to average over 70 from here on out? Or do they expect the Saints to have an opposition key forward get injured in every game?
There are two different ways I could possibly trade this week, each with their own downside

Out: Billings, Murray
In: Macrae, Austin/Mihocek/Heron

Positive here is I finally get Macrae. Negative is that My D6-D8 is Mirra, Rice, Austin/Mihocek/Heron and I will have to upgrade one of these to Simpson at some stage.

Other option
Out: Mirra, Murray
In: Simpson, Austin/Mihocek/Heron
Positive here is that my defence is finished (trading in Simpson still leaves me with 21 for this week), but I use up a great cash cow in Murray which will make getting Macrae pretty difficult (only other Cash cows are Guelfi, Spargo, Brayshaw and Phillips), plus I keep Billings.
What is Austin's protected price after his rise?

And what is he projected to score on the weekend?

Does anyone expect Austin to average over 70 from here on out? Or do they expect the Saints to have an opposition key forward get injured in every game?
Probably not but he will make me $200K or so in cash over a relatively short time.

Projected to score 63 and rise $106 200.
Interesting so over 280k, potentially more

Could double his price in just 2 games and be enough to upgrade on his bye or maybe say R16 if I hold off on trades?

What is Lairds BE? I know he's 677k, if he misses this week or the bye period I might trade him out with the intention of getting him back in after his bye after others I'm holding onto make up the difference

Interesting so over 280k, potentially more

Could double his price in just 2 games and be enough to upgrade on his bye or maybe say R16 if I hold off on trades?

What is Lairds BE? I know he's 677k, if he misses this week or the bye period I might trade him out with the intention of getting him back in after his bye after others I'm holding onto make up the difference
Laird BE: 87. So line ball call, even if he misses. You would think that if he misses this week then he wouldn't play the following week either, they would give him until the bye. You couldn't bank on buying him back cheaper though like you could if his BE was say 150. But you are right Austin will increase immensely after just a couple of more games.

Please don't take this the wrong way pups as I have no idea as to your financial status but it does surprise me that someone who seems to LIVE RDT does not have assistant coach.

Laird BE: 87. So line ball call, even if he misses. You would think that if he misses this week then he wouldn't play the following week either, they would give him until the bye. You couldn't bank on buying him back cheaper though like you could if his BE was say 150. But you are right Austin will increase immensely after just a couple of more games.
Hhmmm

If he misses this week then pumps out a 130-140 next week he's back over 700k

If he misses next week I'm ok as I'm heavy on R12 and 14 defenders, but this week is the thing as I may have 5 defenders playing, but could be as low as 2 as I own Coffield and Howe too. People might be down Laird, Fyfe, Cogs and Robbo this week, so it's a week I can perhaps make ground as I only have Laird from that lot

Thank **** there's no Thursday night game this week, will need teams to be kind come Thursday/Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back