Round 12 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Bear in mind this time last week my plan for this week was to bring in Rockliff and Hall :oops: :p

Cole -> Brayshaw
Richards -> Austin
Guelfi -> McDonald

Probably late on to the Dees bandwagon, McDonald helps me bye wise, I move Sicily forward this week where I have 7 playing and I also have a Def bye spare in Rd12 so nothing much lost there.

Austin is a cash grab

Brayshaw looks value for money in DT, he's been helped by a friendly fixture, but the Dees fixture doesn't seem to get any harder on the way home (until the last 3)

Which of these should I do?

Coffield -> Angus Brayshaw or

Naughton -> Tom McDonald

3.6k short of Naughton to Brayshaw :shoutyoldman:

Also I could do Naughton to Simmo

Not sure what I should do this week, it's looking like a bit of a cluster* for me with injuries. Robinson out for three, Laird probably out for a couple and then has a Round 14 bye and Coniglio I'm hoping gets up but even if he misses a week I won't be trading.

Robinson -> Westhoff
Laird -> Brayshaw

First two trades are obviously out of necessity but are useful for my (R13 and 14) bye structure anyway. Leaves me with 10 trades left and $153k in the bank.

Also weighing up Coffield -> Mihocek — I generally don't like going early on rooks, but Mihocek would be good for bye structure and would leave me with $360k.

Any advice greatly appreciated. :drunk:

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 21.59.23.png

Not sure what I should do this week, it's looking like a bit of a cluster**** for me with injuries. Robinson out for three, Laird probably out for a couple and then has a Round 14 bye and Coniglio I'm hoping gets up but even if he misses a week I won't be trading.

Robinson -> Westhoff
Laird -> Brayshaw

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely yes.
I'll almost certainly be able to bring him back in though. $360k in the bank and Rice/Cole/Mihocek as my last on-field rookie will need to be upgraded to a premo after the byes anyway.

I know it's more of an AFLF trade so I see your point, but I don't want to lose ground in the rankings over the byes and trading Laird is one of the ways I should be able to achieve that.

I know it's more of an AFLF trade so I see your point, but I don't want to lose ground in the rankings over the byes and trading Laird is one of the ways I should be able to achieve that.
And may your luck continue thus far...

*silently curses all the s**t decisions*

I'll almost certainly be able to bring him back in though. $360k in the bank and Rice/Cole/Mihocek as my last on-field rookie will need to be upgraded to a premo after the byes anyway.

You're right it's definitely a Fantasy type trade. If you think you have enough trades left to pull it off then you more than likely will make ground on others though the bye rounds. It's risky though as you may end up with other problems that you can't address in a few weeks. Not to mention running out of trades at the end of the season.

You're right it's definitely a Fantasy type trade. If you think you have enough trades left to pull it off then you more than likely will make ground on others though the bye rounds. It's risky though as you may end up with other problems that you can't address in a few weeks. Not to mention running out of trades at the end of the season.
Hopefully he just plays this week and it's not something I have to worry about. :p

It really depends on where your priority lies. If your sole focus is overall ranking points and you have ample trades then it makes sense. As in my case, my true focus is winning my cash league even though I do trade aggressively early on and have a reasonably good ranking. With my 13 trades left, there is no way that I would be trading out Laird only to bring him back in three weeks.

Maybe changing my trades to:

Greene > McDonald
Cole > Austin
Murphy > Hibberd

McDonald & Hibberd will be D5/D6 in my finished team. I will still need a D4.

Leaves me with ~100K which I will use next week to get McLean via a normal downgrade/upgrade.

At this early stage I'm thinking Doodee to Austin and Ronke to Westhoff. Even if Laird, Howe and Coniglio miss, I'll still be able to field 18. If Rice misses too then I'm in strife.

You'd think Tim Smith wouldn't get up the way he looked last week and may well struggle to get back into the Dees' side.

Not sure what I should do this week, it's looking like a bit of a cluster**** for me with injuries. Robinson out for three, Laird probably out for a couple and then has a Round 14 bye and Coniglio I'm hoping gets up but even if he misses a week I won't be trading.

Robinson -> Westhoff
Laird -> Brayshaw

First two trades are obviously out of necessity but are useful for my (R13 and 14) bye structure anyway. Leaves me with 10 trades left and $153k in the bank.

Also weighing up Coffield -> Mihocek — I generally don't like going early on rooks, but Mihocek would be good for bye structure and would leave me with $360k.

Any advice greatly appreciated. :drunk:

View attachment 507730
Robinson -> Westhoff
Coffield -> Mihocek
Cole -> Brayshaw

Bye structure looks OK after these moves, though I may need to flip a rookie or two over the next couple of weeks for more even coverage.

Leaves me with 9 trades and essentially no money, but if there were no byes this week, I'd have no rookies on-field (weakest players are Savage, Parker, Rockliff and Petracca).

After them outs I reckon Billings Laird and Barry have to go, was gunna trade Billings on his bye, but it's pointless holding him now. Would like to trade Cole as I think he's a liability for future cash generation, but might hold and wait on teams next week

Will trade back in Laird after his bye once a few more rookies make some more dough

**** this week, I've missed some carnage, but not all.

Ridley :mad: -> Austin

i hate doing sideways trades, but i don't think Ridley will be playing during the byes (at least Cole will come back next week)

should have 19 starters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back