Trades Round 12 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Is J Smith the favourite for Levers spot? Cogs and Laird have messed me around this week so I might have to pass on Austin trying to chase a bit more cash for next week. Looks like either Austin + Whitfield + Ahern or Smith + Crisp + Ahern. Safe bet would be Whitfield and Austin but don’t really trust Whitfield yet and Austin doesn’t leave me with much cash (looking at yeo next week to finish off backline). Pretty set for cashed up rookies over the byes, just need to start using some of it. Unless Austin is going to average 90+ for the rest of the year (who knows) he isn’t really worth the 2 trades spent. Would rather start cashing in and filling up the bench with cheaper playing rookies.

At this stage going
Ridley to Mihocek
Fyfe to Tom Phillips
Billings to Westhoff

Leaves me with 20 on field this week
17 next week (prior to trades)
16 on final bye week (prior to trades)

Currently ranked just outside top 4000, so hoping the next three weeks can really make a good run and push my ranking

After chopping and changing 100 times I've decided to play it safe. Dusty > Westhoff, Billings > Austin, Mutch > Ahern. Westhoff averaging 110 at home and having the next three there was the deciding factor. Everything else just got too complicated:joycat::joycat: This is how I'll be lining up this weekend

fantasy.png

Is J Smith the favourite for Levers spot? Cogs and Laird have messed me around this week so I might have to pass on Austin trying to chase a bit more cash for next week. Looks like either Austin + Whitfield + Ahern or Smith + Crisp + Ahern. Safe bet would be Whitfield and Austin but don’t really trust Whitfield yet and Austin doesn’t leave me with much cash (looking at yeo next week to finish off backline). Pretty set for cashed up rookies over the byes, just need to start using some of it. Unless Austin is going to average 90+ for the rest of the year (who knows) he isn’t really worth the 2 trades spent. Would rather start cashing in and filling up the bench with cheaper playing rookies.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...g/news-story/7edafbd92143056b6cbad644e5dc8ae4

All eyes will be on Melbourne’s final 22 this weekend, in the wake of Jake Lever’s season ending knee injury.

Simon Goodwin suggested on Friday he will try a handful of different scenarios over the next month as the Demons look to settle its best back six before the whips start cracking.

Joel Smith — son of former Melbourne high flyer Shaun — is firmly in the mix, but he is not the only one, with dashing defender Jayden Hunt and young key defender Harry Petty also named in the 26-man squad.

Petty modelled his game on Lever before the Demons plucked him with Pick 37 last November.

But while Lever and Tim Smith are already the confirmed outs, the Demons might be forced to make another change or two.

Jake Melksham didn’t train on Friday, while Mitch Hannan is battling soreness and Angus Brayshaw is carrying a calf issue.

With nine days between last Saturday’s win over Melbourne and the Queen’s Birthday blockbuster against Collingwood, all three should be fine.

But, then again, they might not be …

Oh boy.

SANDILANDS LATE WITHDRAWAL
Fremantle ruckman Aaron Sandilands will miss a second straight game after Ross Lyon replaced the veteran star with young defender Griffin Logue on Friday.

The four-time All-Australian missed last weekend’s trip to Melbourne due to concussion, following a heavy collision with young North Melbourne defender Sam Durdin in Round 10.

A week after dropping off-season recruit Brandon Matera, Lyon has recalled the mercurial forward. Although he hadn’t told the former Sun before he told reporters on Friday afternoon.

Ball magnet Lachie Neale is no guarantee to face Adelaide on Sunday, with the midfielder battling a corked calf.

OH BOY! :(

Then Brayshaw
Are you sure r13 won’t be an issue? Laird, Dusty may be out. Rucks. Shaky JS of r14 rookies from Adel, Freo and StK potentially.

If so then realistically could argue similar score this week, Westhoff 100 v 0 next week, then get Brayshaw after only one more price rise in r14.
But yes Bray will be top 6-8, Westhoff is hopefully that. So if no issues then go Brayshaw.

I'm very heavily stacked in round 14 with many premos and rookies from that round. Hoping there is some fresh meat next from WC,CAR,WB and HAW! Bring on the next 3 weeks!

Is anyone else considering missing on Austin? Apart from cash the only real reason I wanted him was to play rd 13 - where I need all hands on deck to field 18. With a chance he may miss when Carlisle comes back I'm considering going to Burton instead who is cheap for what he is capable of and will play next week.

Is anyone else considering missing on Austin? Apart from cash the only real reason I wanted him was to play rd 13 - where I need all hands on deck to field 18. With a chance he may miss when Carlisle comes back I'm considering going to Burton instead who is cheap for what he is capable of and will play next week.

Had considered not getting Austin but think he should play until the bye. And I want to have room for late outs / injuries to prevent carrying a 0 or other low score in my best 18, so wouldn't get someone with r12 bye this week. But it depends on your balance, and going a week early on Curnow/Gaff/Burton etc not the worst idea - just hope they don't get injured this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Austin is slightly ahead of Rice at the moment. Hopefully both hold their spot until their bye and Carlisle gets another week rest. I’m going to get Austin for his price rise and his capability of tonning up which would not go unnoticed this round...Can’t see Saints dropping him considering where they are at and Austin performing more than decently

If Gus Brayshaw misses that would be great lol. Means I still have a chance to get him after his bye haha. If he plays this week he is going to go over 700k which makes things a bit harder.

tenor.gif

I'm passing because with other Saints coming back I'm not sure he'll be playing the fantasy-friendly role he has been over the last 2 weeks. He's named at full back as well.

I feel he's going to be more like Tim Smith than Ben Ronke in fantasy terms...

This round is certainly throwing some spanners in the works... and no doubt some poor bastard is copping them all.
My team has Hall, Laird, Coniglio, Ridley, with Neale, Howe, Bundy all giving me the squeeze before trades.

Sticking strong and not trading any premos as of yet, if neale and brayshaw both miss I will have 18 but surely one of them plays.
No joke I couldn't trade out these premos if I wanted to.... only 3 trades 2 injuries guaranteed and 2 potential.
Going with my gut this week as it served me well last week getting bray>rocky so will get rocky in this week and the hoff next week if he's good.
Zorko as captain but he has never strung more than 5 tons in a row so I might change to stef martin before lockout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back