Round 12 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First look at possible trades and what comes to mind first is -
Weightman > Wicks (via Whitfield to fwds)
Budarick > Bytel
Bennell > ?

Will have about $456k to spend on that last trade in which has to be an upgrade to someone who stays all season. Can be a mid or a fwd as I need 3 mids and 1 fwd to complete the team. Unfortunately none of the mid only players in that price range look much good. There a couple of fwd/rucks (Ladhams and McInerney) who look promising, but Ladhams is inconsistent and McInerney has Martin returning in 5 weeks. The most interesting might be Robbie Gray (mid/fwd). A true premo who's been down for a long time but is showing real signs of a return to form.

After this round's trades I'll still have to upgrade 3 rookies and I'll only have 5 trades. That's 3 up and 2 down meaning that my 5 best rookies will have to get to an average of at least $350k for me to have any chance of affording decent players. Wicks, Simpson, Bytel, Draper and Rankine could do it if they keep getting games I guess.

I wish they'd announce if they're giving us more trades, because if they are my trading plans would be very different.

Really really ******* miss Rowell

Me too -Rowell - he was amazing - so sad for us all as would love to have seen him play all year.

My biggest regret was trading Andy Brayshaw out so early in the season when I thought that he'd have a breakout year.

I always trade players who are below par too early then end up with high scores later in the year, hope I have learned my lesson.
Thinking about trades at 4am means I need to get the next part right, then maybe sleep as lockdown is a drag.

First look at possible trades and what comes to mind first is -
Weightman > Wicks (via Whitfield to fwds)
Budarick > Bytel
Bennell > ?

Will have about $456k to spend on that last trade in which has to be an upgrade to someone who stays all season. Can be a mid or a fwd as I need 3 mids and 1 fwd to complete the team. Unfortunately none of the mid only players in that price range look much good. There a couple of fwd/rucks (Ladhams and McInerney) who look promising, but Ladhams is inconsistent and McInerney has Martin returning in 5 weeks. The most interesting might be Robbie Gray (mid/fwd). A true premo who's been down for a long time but is showing real signs of a return to form.

After this round's trades I'll still have to upgrade 3 rookies and I'll only have 5 trades. That's 3 up and 2 down meaning that my 5 best rookies will have to get to an average of at least $350k for me to have any chance of affording decent players. Wicks, Simpson, Bytel, Draper and Rankine could do it if they keep getting games I guess.

I wish they'd announce if they're giving us more trades, because if they are my trading plans would be very different.

They've been pretty generous with us this year especially the best 18 when the Dees game got called off. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few extra trades come through due to the nature of the season and depending on how many players and up on the injury list there may be a huge demand for it.

But, we all know what we had at the start of the season and should have planned accordingly. I have to put my hand up and say that I'm a masochist for trades and could definitely use a few more.

Happy with the team I have now though. Just going to cover with injuries and upgrade a few more rookies and hopefully I don't need any more trades. It's all in the hands of the SC gods now though.

Me too -Rowell - he was amazing - so sad for us all as would love to have seen him play all year.

My biggest regret was trading Andy Brayshaw out so early in the season when I thought that he'd have a breakout year.

I always trade players who are below par too early then end up with high scores later in the year, hope I have learned my lesson.
Thinking about trades at 4am means I need to get the next part right, then maybe sleep as lockdown is a drag.

Rowell would have been at 600k now considering his form pre-injury and that means I wouldn't have stuck with Pickett. Also got burned hard on Bennell. And I know this is the SC forum, but boy aren't we all going to love watching Rowell in the future??! (Permanent C, anyone?)

I never started with Dev Smith and picked him up last week. Hoping he can hit some form now because he's shown promises.
Also never started with Docherty because I was worried about him coming back off an LTI but I got bitchslapped and he was killing it at the start of the year. Picked him up, and he managed about 4 good scores until the last few weeks. Now ive lost another 100k or so on him with his form lately

Wish I never started with Dusty because his value dropped significantly in the first weeks. But he's paid me back somewhat.

Been burned on Doedee grabbing him the week before his hammy. Been burned on Treloar. Couldn't afford Fyfe but you just know I would have been burned on him too with his injuries.

My biggest successes I'd say have been bringing in D.Butler at 250k and selling him at 430k just before he lost form. Petracca at the start of the year has been a gem.
My inspired choice on Tim Kelly to JOM has also cost me but I'm more than happy with my defence getting Ridley cheap and DC has been great cover in the ruck who will play most games now and should make me some good bank.

Happy I stuck with MacRae after his slow start, and Oliver has been a gem.

Grundy and Gawn were scoring like a house on fire too but I think they're both carrying something, that's why I can't take the punt on Gawn anymore.

So many regrets, but I'll live and learn. This is the first year I've taken SC seriously.

None of us can predict the future, but it's been fun trying to. Timing is the key to everything and I got some right, most wrong.

Still I'm looking forward to what my full team can score without the bye weeks.

I think better at 4am. Keep working at it.
Nobody nails every trade.
Wishing you success.

They've been pretty generous with us this year especially the best 18 when the Dees game got called off. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few extra trades come through due to the nature of the season and depending on how many players and up on the injury list there may be a huge demand for it.

But, we all know what we had at the start of the season and should have planned accordingly. I have to put my hand up and say that I'm a masochist for trades and could definitely use a few more.

Happy with the team I have now though. Just going to cover with injuries and upgrade a few more rookies and hopefully I don't need any more trades. It's all in the hands of the SC gods now though.
Yes they have been pretty generous giving out extra trades and making it top 18 a couple of times when only two teams were missing, but having said that, they made the wrong decision with the Melb v Ess match. It was done mid round when people had trades already locked and playing rookies stuck on the bench who they couldn't get onto the field. It didn't affect me much, but it destroyed some peoples' seasons. Just ask Jiska

Can't agree with what you said about planning according to what we knew we had at the start of the season. Most people did, but all that planning went out the window when the original byes were cancelled, the fixtures all changed and with the ongoing uncertainty of who will play even when rounds are in progress. Having such short turn arounds between games has also destroyed traditional ways of judging a players JS. No one could have planned for all that.

I'm not saying they should give us extra trades. I just want to know whether they are or nor so that I know whether I can afford to go for better players that will be affordable with extra trades or have to accept bargain basement ones that fit the trades we have now.

Went looking for an overview of which teams are yet to play each other. Can’t know where / when yet, but figure strength of fixture might be worth looking at.
Freo and GWS seem good as bye-free and weaker opponents, Brisbane and Port also not bad but with a bye to come.
(This all assumes I didn’t make any blues, was a 10-min Excel job.)
50AC2AF1-415F-424C-9FA3-833EA66EFBAD.png 4BD40731-6EAC-4D7D-BD41-4A2716E8604F.png 1AF84D13-DB98-4E16-AC02-9402FCB9D656.png 84CB501A-B2EF-427B-AFBB-4D076835FB98.png 1BFA7944-EEDB-4A69-B5D2-60087F03C0C7.png 3087292C-992F-43BD-BE72-94D4E5921C3C.png F137559E-1F43-4FED-AE40-B8E1904774B0.png

Yes they have been pretty generous giving out extra trades and making it top 18 a couple of times when only two teams were missing, but having said that, they made the wrong decision with the Melb v Ess match. It was done mid round when people had trades already locked and playing rookies stuck on the bench who they couldn't get onto the field. It didn't affect me much, but it destroyed some peoples' seasons. Just ask Jiska

Can't agree with what you said about planning according to what we knew we had at the start of the season. Most people did, but all that planning went out the window when the original byes were cancelled, the fixtures all changed and with the ongoing uncertainty of who will play even when rounds are in progress. Having such short turn arounds between games has also destroyed traditional ways of judging a players JS. No one could have planned for all that.

I'm not saying they should give us extra trades. I just want to know whether they are or nor so that I know whether I can afford to go for better players that will be affordable with extra trades or have to accept bargain basement ones that fit the trades we have now.
Absolutely valid concern.
Think to keep interest and interactions up they will provision extra trades and argue that a precedent has been set. Maybe an extra 2, up to 36 in total?
No idea, but would have some symmetry.

Doedee, Close and Simpson > Merrett, Wicks, Bytel leaves me with this.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 7.08.48 am.png

I like the way this looks and i'm left with $113k in the bank and only two spots to fill.

BUT, the injury clouds over Walters, Gawn and Viney could throw these best laid plans out the window. If Gawn misses it would mean a donut, so i'd probably have to hold Doedee and address that.
The rookie coverage for Walters and Viney is strong enough for now, but at this point in a season you'd love to be able to rely almost entirely on your premiums and not your rookies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So thinking

View attachment 933932

View attachment 933939

The aim will be to bring gawn back once he bottoms out but he would need to drop a fair bit more for that to happen.
Big O would then move to the fwd line. I still have some doubts on big O has his ruck opponents havent been the strongest and he is coming up against Goldy and then Marshall/Ryder but if he can average 100 for the remainder of the year thats a big win. 5 trades left 3.6k in the back.
That looks like a win. Need you to so the same to my team if you have the time.🤔

I pulled the pin on Gawn for NicNat. Not sure how heavily he will score after his body seems battered.
Hoping NicNat keeps up his ripping form.

f’ed off Bennell and bought in Ruscoe who I think gets a few more games for the pies. Hoping T.Brown is brought in though. Not confident about that last midfield spot at all.

I had sholl in last week. With scores like that I'm happy.

Bonar injured again so I used the Gawn money to bring in Brayshaw. Ideally I would have liked to get rid of Vandermeer.

View attachment 934022
View attachment 934023

In the top 5% for total season score.

The bye weeks knocked me back a peg or two in the ranking. Went from top 5,000 to just over 8,000 but hopefully I can get through and start scoring heavily again when things get back to normal.

I've made a few mistakes over the course of the season as we all do. But this is the first year my team has done reasonably well.

Leading my league with a game in hand.

I was too ambitious with my 5th midfield slot at the start of the season. Bringing in T.Kelly thinking he'd have a career best season. Lost 100k off him to go to JOM who is just as up and down like a yoyo.
Lesson learned.
Only side I have seen with JOM. Pity as he SHOULD be a good pick, but is just an overrated turn over merchant.

What players would you have not started with or started with if you new covid was coming?
Would have restarting your team , rather than getting 5 trades rd 2 make you feel better?
Just dropped out of the top 1000 for first time in 8 rds. Pissed about how the game is falling over these rds. But I do have 3 more trades to do this week to fix my problems.
Game is what it is. Play it or dont.

Hey guys,

I need to trade Doedee... only have $50k to start with.

Thinking trading either Simpson or D.Smith (via Simpkin) to Wicks? That will leave me with enough cash to go Doedee -> Haynes or Lloyd? Alternatively, I can save some $ and just go for Zilliams...?

Here is my team, any other suggestions will be appreciated...

1597273817874.png

Would appreciate some help with my team. Gawn to Nic Nat last week helped me score 2285 and have the 106th ranked score and move just shy of the top 2000. The plan was to trade one of my on field rookies but somehow they all had good games and now have low break evens. Should i just hold trades? or do a correctional trade on one of my many failed pods?

Attachments

• 52f5cd47c69082a5c6c7ad151217aadb.png
    52f5cd47c69082a5c6c7ad151217aadb.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back