Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
I liked TheRednWhite 's idea last week - the new round is fast approaching, there will be short turnarounds for trades and team management.

Who is on your mind for trades ? Are we still chasing cash, or frantically trying to upgrade and get rid of rookies....

I need to somehow get Laird and Petracca in my side, while removing a few rookies and without spending any cash. Suggestions ??

Second (and final) round of DPP should be released tonight or early tomorrow.
Not sure what it will bring.
Still dirty on Essendon resting Draper. FFS, there's half a dozen games left and you're done. Reset up then.

Still dirty on Essendon resting Draper. FFS, there's half a dozen games left and you're done. Reset up then.
Fantasy posted on twitter that the second and final lot of DPP additions will be added AFTER round 12 unfortunately. I too thought it was going to be prior too round 12 :huh:

Especially when you aren't going to play finals like Essendon. What's the point of resting them!

Currently looking at the following:

Weller ( Could be Thurlow depending if Weller can go 70+ tonight and then he can stay) -> Laird
Bai.Smith -> Bytel (Darcy Cameron into forward, Draper R3 and Gawndy back to R1&2, Bytel to sit on pine).
Pickett -> Merrett

Fingers crossed no forced trades this week, will have the luxury with these trades to rollback if need be until Sunday morning.

Question lads: This round is now back to a normal structured round (Thurs - Mon), will it still be rolling and will we get lineups on the Thursday / Friday now?

It'd be handy if they tell us the DPP changes even if they don't add them immediately.

We're mostly all doing our final touches at this point and DPP may just render those last picks redundant.

My initial brainstorm involves jotting down all the guys I need/want gone and all the guys I need/want in this week in terms of BE or value and just hope for something to magically fall into place that covers off the best outcome.

OUTs:
DEF: McPherson / Day (one taking a D6 spot atm).
MID: Nil but Dusty currently sitting there to swing fwd. Ditto brodie smith who needs to swing back. McInerney still sitting there gathering dust.
RUCK: Worldwide.
FWD: Wingard/Bailey Smith both sick of them at D5/6. Aarts maxing out on bench.

INs:
DEF: Laird / Crisp both looking ready to burst.
MID: Zorko / Bont / Shuey some value picks. Adams the elite pick. Perhaps Danger or Fyfe as sneaky DPP picks. Bytel as a rook option but JS is shakey.
RUCK: ROB probably the elite pick atm. Witts for value but spudding or perhaps even McInerney as a stepping stone?
FWD: Nil. Waiting on Sidebottom to drop.

133k in bank.

Laird basically just put a lock on himself with that performance so unfortunately one of Day or McPherson will be going after a great effort from both of them. Day may be the unfortunate one to make way due to higher value.

So at this stage:
1) Aarts -> Bytel (swapping Close to fwd bench).
2) Day -> Laird
3) Worldwide -> McInerney (or Bailey Smith -> Shuey) as stepping stone moves.

As long as Sidebottom is dropping at a rate quicker than Wingard I can continue to hold him.

With news that Eagles are moving to Qld again soon I'm cooling on the Shuey move.
And with Smith up against the broken witches hats next week I'm tempted to give him one more.

I think Bailey Smith has to go.

Just looking burnt out - Laird/Witherden looking the best targets although may see if I can get to Taranto/Menegola

Ideally:

Houston - someone
Docherty - Laird
B Smith - Dusty
Simpson - Flanders
King - Rookie
Watson - Cottrell
Day - Witherden

Need to also get Oliver in somehow....

But apart from that.... I'm all good....

Ideally:

Houston - someone
Docherty - Laird
B Smith - Dusty
Simpson - Flanders
King - Rookie
Watson - Cottrell
Day - Witherden

Need to also get Oliver in somehow....

But apart from that.... I'm all good....

Need one wildcard button a year where we can wipe our team and start again with the revised budget we've earnt!

A lot depends on Gawn.. Although i at least now have Draper sitting there assuming he's only rested tonight and will be back.

I almost want Gawn to miss, trade him either sideways to Macrae/Neale/Gull

M.Hibberd>Bytel will be locked in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Doedee sized hole to fill before the "complete team" mission resumes... I've still got Doedee , F6, M7 & M8 to fill.
It's gonna need another week at least.

Gawn "battling a PCL injury".. will be given a chance to play this week. But geez.. Doesn't sound good even if he does
I traded him but jeez i am sick of what a joke injury reports are in the AFL...

Complete lack of honesty to fans is total crap.

I think the only solution is fans should have full access to the official scans from players and should get to do independent check ups on any player they wish.

What... I'm not a nut case... YOU'RE A NUT CASE!

I think the only solution is fans should have full access to the official scans from players and should get to do independent check ups on any player they wish.

tis but a scratch!

Geelong were the shockers for it last year.

"We'll wait till Friday to make a decision on Player X to give him every chance to play".....
Following week:
"Player X was close last week but we erred on the side of caution, he'll be a chance to return next game".

6 weeks later.....

Player X returns from significant calf/hamstring/knee injury.

^^ You'd think so.. Zak Jones comes back into that side in place of Gresham. Bytel was solid enough.

well I thought Bytel JS wouldn't be too great with Zak Jones to come back but a long term injury to Gresh means Bytel is a lock for me now.

D.Cameron was a great, should not get dropped and I feel like I can go another week with Draper/Cameron as R2

Will also give Thurlow a week, seems rude to just use him and let him go without a proper go on field. Worth a one week hold with the low BE, will loop him on bench though.

Day OUT, Bytel IN via Houston
Rankine OUT, Simpkin IN....Simpkin has bottomed out, looked good this week and score was down because of the free kicks against.
Bailey Smith OUT, Greenwood IN....Bailey Smith is cooked and Greenwood has bottomed out I think

Plans will change if Rankine goes well tonight and Greenwood has another quiet game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back