Trades Round 12 Trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it still rolling lockout this weekend? Or is it just partial lockout for Thursday?

I don't think it's been announced, but presumably was going to be back to normal. With teams day before though they may stick out the full rolling.

Anyone know what Bytels JS is like at the moment? I need to make a move to downgrade McInerney (Swans) who has been sitting on my bench making no money.

Saints board seem happy with him

Currently have Day and McPherson at D5/D6. Got decent bench cover in Sholl and Ruscoe.

I can get Day up to Laird or I can get get McPherson to one of Bailey, Stewart or Zac Williams.

Day feels safer at D6 than McPherson. Is it worth trading Day to get Laird though?

Agreed.
I'm keen on Laird but McPherson to ZWilliams is good.

A small part of me thinks i should just make the same trades as Selby. Hes won the car twice and looks like doing it again. Id be 1 week behind him for 7 more weeks but id probably run 2nd 🤪
Stick in 2nd making the same trades then last round make some wild left field moves to try knock him off. Can’t think of a better strategy to win the car.

Not sure yet what to do with Viney, no team announcement before lockout sux. At this stage will be keeping Thurlow and Blakely for a last week.

Simpson out, Bytel in
B. Smith out, Sidey forward, B.Smith in
Egg out, Laird in

Not sure what to do this week with DPPs next. I'm thinking to hold luko and smith one more and flick them to someone decent once I know the last lot of DPPs

Logical me is saying trade around Smith and luko and get wicks off the field.

Locked in: Rankine to Draper

Option1:
Luko to Laird
Bailey Smith to M.Crouch
0k left

Option2:
Bailey Smith to Neale
Schoenberg to Bytel
35k left

Option3:
Aarts to Bytel
Schoenberg to Fyfe
57k left

Before trades have three rookies (McPherson, Serong & Wicks)
Bump!

Option1:
Luko to Laird
Bailey Smith to M.Crouch
0k left

Option2:
Bailey Smith to Neale
Schoenberg to Bytel
35k left

Option3:
Aarts to Bytel
Schoenberg to Fyfe
57k left

Edit: Found a 4th!

Close to Foote
Aarts to mid less then 800k (Taranto, Gola, Crouch, Zorko)

Last edited:
Each of these trades offers something different. I'd probably go with 1 if you want to gamble on value by picking up Adelaide players, while they have several key mids out. Option 2 if you want certainty (assuming Bytel holds with Gresham out). Or option 3 if you're wanting to clear a rookie off your field/gamble on Fyfe getting FWD status.

Me, I'd go 3 to get a rookie off, and hope that Smith doesn't lose too much this week.

Bump!

Option1:
Luko to Laird
Bailey Smith to M.Crouch
0k left

Option2:
Bailey Smith to Neale
Schoenberg to Bytel
35k left

Option3:
Aarts to Bytel
Schoenberg to Fyfe
57k left

Edit: Found a 4th!

Close to Foote
Aarts to mid less then 800k (Taranto, Gola, Crouch, Zorko)

Quite torn on who to field out of Dylan Stephens, Wicks, Bytel

I'm the same:
Bytel
Wicks
Close

Who can see the future and tell me who to field? The sucky thing is I have to choose today really as Bytel and Close no guarantee to play, although I think Bytel and Wicks both will, Close could get a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've settled on:

Aarts -> Bytel
Day -> Laird
Pitto -> McInerney (normally I hate these sideways moves, but these are different times. I've got no idea who I want to be my R2 at the moment, nor can I justify any of their price tags. So I'll just swap the cheapies around as stepping stones in the mean time and take another look in 2-3weeks).

Thurlow/Serong and the new inclusion McInerney left to upgrade after this week but they're at least all ~500k+ in value so they should be easier to upgrade with cash quickly running out on the bench.

Bailey Smith gets one more chance against the crows or he's done next week.

Thinking to finish off the backline this week 6 premos, Day/Mcpherson earning cash on the pine to get premo mids

In

ZBailey Seagull Bytel

Out

Thurlow Pickett Doedee

Hold on to your hats, imma doing something crazy.

Grundy -> Ladhams
McInerney -> Bytel
Bailey Smith -> Andy Bray

Brave.... but will you have the brass ones to stick with that to lockout!? I much prefer the look of the guys on the left than the guys on the right (other than bytel for mcinerney).

Ladhams looked great but with Lycett back in the side I dont think we'll see 90's again from Ladhams. 50-60ish probably it.

Brayshaw had a niggling injury (shoulder I think?) preventing him from tackling. I wouldnt touch him at that price tag just incase it gets worse he has a rest.

I've just dumped Gawn for him and it's given me the cash to upgrade a non playing bench dud to Ollie Wines in the mids.

It gives me only one rookie on field now.

Hey, if it's good enough for the guy ranked 2nd overall.

If Laird continues playing Mid then he's great value but it worrys me with Sloane/B.Crouch listed as 1 week away and Milera 2 weeks. Not as much Milera but just something to consider, good stepping stone still if he drops again that's just my take on it.

If Laird continues playing Mid then he's great value but it worrys me with Sloane/B.Crouch listed as 1 week away and Milera 2 weeks. Not as much Milera but just something to consider, good stepping stone still if he drops again that's just my take on it.

Worst case they move him back, he still scores ok there. It's Laird after all.

Brave.... but will you have the brass ones to stick with that to lockout!? I much prefer the look of the guys on the left than the guys on the right (other than bytel for mcinerney).

Ladhams looked great but with Lycett back in the side I dont think we'll see 90's again from Ladhams. 50-60ish probably it.

Brayshaw had a niggling injury (shoulder I think?) preventing him from tackling. I wouldnt touch him at that price tag just incase it gets worse he has a rest.
Bray didn't look to have any issues last round against the Hawks and Bailey Smith is in shocking form. Don't feel that trade is particularly risky.

Lycett was back last round and Ladhams still scored 90, which is why I pulled the trigger. Grundy hasn't been flash lately and is one of few ways I can drum up cash to improve my team (I haven't managed my cash gen well this year, though rookie options have been s**t too). It's ballsy, but I don't really have a lot to lose at this stage.

EDIT: Just noticed Grundy is up against a (likely) Gawn-less Melbourne. That makes me rethink this somewhat.

EDIT 2: Just thought of something better:

McI -> Bytel
Bailey Smith -> Ladhams
Saad -> Laird

Last edited:
Bray didn't look to have any issues last round against the Hawks and Bailey Smith is in shocking form. Don't feel that trade is particularly risky.

Lycett was back last round and Ladhams still scored 90, which is why I pulled the trigger. Grundy hasn't been flash lately and is one of few ways I can drum up cash to improve my team (I haven't managed my cash gen well this year, though rookie options have been sh*t too). It's ballsy, but I don't really have a lot to lose at this stage.

EDIT: Just noticed Grundy is up against a (likely) Gawn-less Melbourne. That makes me rethink this sowhat.

EDIT 2: Just thought of something better:

McI -> Bytel
Bailey Smith -> Ladhams
Saad -> Laird
If they know Gawn won't be playing, guessing they'll likely give more time to D Cameron. Be wary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back