Trades Round 12 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I’m only done Hayes-Teakle

Gives me 216k in bank. Could trade to get English but I’m not in a rush to get him like every other kent. 😀

Will happily wait until round 14 or after. Not selling the farm to ruin my structures for byes. I’m fecked this week in both cash leagues so the aim is to win cash leagues in rounds 13 and 14.

19 on field this week. Decided with my trades to go with a one up two down and get a warchest ready to go becuase I’ll need to do a number of trades next week.

Butters, Dixon and Hamilton to Butler, Teakle and Titch and swung Bazlenka in Butters place. Left with over $162k to do a SDK/Paddy Mac/McComb/other upgrade next week and use my last boost and hopefully complete one of my Def/mid/fwd lines
Butters to Titch is too sideways IMO, if you’re gonna trade Butters at this point it needs to be to a top 6/8 guy.

Any thoughts lads?

I like the second one. Why bail on Pendles? I think Jed Anderson buyers are going to be seriously disappointed and within a month be asking for advice on who to trade him for. Sure they APPEAR to be going in opposite directions right now, but look at the history. Who REALLY is more likely to score more from here? Who is more likely to bust out a string of tons?

If ditching Pendles, go up to a top 6 defender.

Butters to Titch is too sideways IMO, if you’re gonna trade Butters at this point it needs to be to a top 6/8 guy.
Hm good point.

I’m trying to avoid bringing in R13 players as I’m pretty thin on numbers next week. So I might even just do those two downgrades potentially and still have that warchest or bring in a fallen premo somehow. Because next week I could bring in a Zerrett/Wines/Parish in, and upgrade my Ruck to someone like Nank and then bring in more Dogs lads in R14.

Lohmann (don’t ask) > Jeffrey for both a green dot and a cash grab.

Want to bring in one of English/Darcy but my path to completion becomes somewhat unclear with limited cash gen left in my side. Would need to be Preuss > English/Darcy and Hayes > Teakle, which stills leaves me needing a mid and a fwd. Kinda just hoping Preuss comes back in next week so I can keep him as my R2.

Everyone going Hayes > Teakle to open up English, why not Hayes > playing rook, play English in your ruckline through the byes, and then trading in Teakle after the byes and bring English for then?

It works for me with a Darcy, Preuss, English ruckline playing two rucks each week, but I suppose this doesn't work for everyone.

I'll be jumping on Jeffrey, means I only have 17 playing next week, but JS and SP looks promising!

Everyone going Hayes > Teakle to open up English, why not Hayes > playing rook, play English in your ruckline through the byes, and then trading in Teakle after the byes and bring English for then?

It works for me with a Darcy, Preuss, English ruckline playing two rucks each week, but I suppose this doesn't work for everyone.

I'll be jumping on Jeffrey, means I only have 17 playing next week, but JS and SP looks promising!

Depends what you're playing for, for me I don't care about R13 as cash league, so care about R12 - R14 and having the best possible team with the most trades R15 onwards.

It's a good thought, and you've made me double-check, but I don't think there are any playing rooks I can get that still give me the cash to get English in this manner. I'd do Jeffrey if I had the money for the extra green dot and JS.

I like this. Means i can go

Hayes > Parnell
Durdin > Jeffrey

play 19 this week, then once Rosas has his bye i can go Rosas > Teakle and put english forward again.

Is no one concerned that English is rucking solo against Blicavs and Stanley? Blicavs also being very well suited to going with him around the ground.

I'm not buying English for 1 week, I'm buying him with the view he's a top 6 forward from here to the end, my emergency ruck flex and he won't be much (if any) cheaper along the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just Hayes > big Trickle to up the kitty to $300k.

19 green dots this week with way too many rookies, but next week would be a real concern without that money in the bank.

Basically skipping English this week in order to make cash.

McCartin and SDK easy upgrades next week.
Still have 2 boosts.
Round 14 bye no concern.

Basically just need to pray for a decent score this week and the following 2 bye weeks should be easy to post something strong.

Currently I'm:
Preuss > English
Durdin > Owens

Would love to (but don't have the Chol to) go:
McCartin > Cleary (bench fodder, don't care if he doesn't play)
Preuss > Darcy
Heeney > English

Leaves 11 trades for 2 upgrades but deals with Heeney. Also will have 18 next week

Last edited:
I was originally thinking of doing Hayes > Treakle instead of Durdin > Owens early, but now I think I'm going to do Hayes > Owens and move English into the rucks for the duration of the byes, and then once the byes are over and I no longer needs as many greens as possible I'll dump a forward or mid rookie for Teakle and get English back into the forward line.

I like the latter, Pendles > Anderson seems pointless when neither is likely to be a keeper at this stage.
I like the second one. Why bail on Pendles? I think Jed Anderson buyers are going to be seriously disappointed and within a month be asking for advice on who to trade him for. Sure they APPEAR to be going in opposite directions right now, but look at the history. Who REALLY is more likely to score more from here? Who is more likely to bust out a string of tons?

If ditching Pendles, go up to a top 6 defender

Thanks-now also thinking whether I should do Carroll to Mountford so I can swing Pendles into the mids if need be. Or is SDK to Jeffrey the better option still?

Thanks-now also thinking whether I should do Carroll to Mountford so I can swing Pendles into the mids if need be. Or is SDK to Jeffrey the better option still?
Probably depends what the rest of your team looks like, Mountford would be useful eventually even if you trade out Pendles cause it'd allow you to use one of SDK (or McCartin if you still have him) as coverage for both defence and midfield by swapping a MID/DEF premo with him.

Yeah going Hayes to Teakle and TDK to English.

Forward line done, Ruck loop done, R12 defender next week, Petracca after his bye and we're done

Probably depends what the rest of your team looks like, Mountford would be useful eventually even if you trade out Pendles cause it'd allow you to use one of SDK (or McCartin if you still have him) as coverage for both defence and midfield by swapping a MID/DEF premo with him.
Current team before trades

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220531_101643_com.vapormedia.virtualsports.newsafl.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531_101643_com.vapormedia.virtualsports.newsafl.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20220531_101650_com.vapormedia.virtualsports.newsafl.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531_101650_com.vapormedia.virtualsports.newsafl.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 42
Current team before trades
Ah then yeah I think you do need to move Pendles for a mid or forward premo soon but I'd wait til you can afford a guaranteed keeper, maybe try get a rd13 bye premo like Mills, Bont, Bailey Smith in for him in RD14.

I think I'm committing to:

SDK > Wehr
Hayes > Owens (via English & Hamilton)

Last trade:

McComb/Durdin > Oliver

Would ideally keep SDK for this week but him for Wehr needs to be one of my trades to afford Oliver now who I think is a must have and is going to go up in price, plus I think Oliver in as player 18 over two rookies at 18/19 will earn me more points.

McComb out drops me down to 18 players for this week but I think it's ok as it'll give me 18 pre-trades next week (if Preuss is back)

If I get rid of Durdin instead to have McComb as a precautionary 19th man this week it'd leave me with just 17 players next week (with Preuss) and probably forces my hand on doing Blakey > Hewett to get 18 next week.

Probably going to do Durdin which would have my team looking like this

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 3.07.56 pm.png

Then next week I can do McComb > Teakle, Blakey > Hewett and Preuss > Gawn (if Preuss isn't named)

Would give me a basically finished side (maybe Heeney/Butters to Bont/Baz Smith as a luxury) I'd be happy with but I'd be down to 5 trades lol.

Was able to get both Darcy and English in with $1,800 In the bank. Gotta be a sign lol
Meant going a week early on McCartin instead of Hayes and holding Hayes until after round 14 so that I can field 18 throughout the byes. Current team

Next week move Perez to mid to open up my def/mid loop

Projected 2100.. guess time will tell

IMG_3197.JPG IMG_3198.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back