Captains Round 12 VC / Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m happy to VC a player who’s likely to cop a tag but using them as a C is too risky IMO. Even if they have the ability to beat it, it’s similar to putting the C on a player under an injury cloud.
He has been tagged in a few games this year still scored well. Has cracked 100+ in every game with 3 BIG scores

Capture.PNG

He's playing against LOL Norf!

Won't need a C anyways after Laird goes 140.
Laird against WCE third lowest average of any team he’s played. Oliver 99 against them. Macrae 103. Bont 96. 🤷‍♂️

Laird against WCE third lowest average of any team he’s played. Oliver 99 against them. Macrae 103. Bont 96. 🤷‍♂️
Dunkley 143
Coniglio 140
Petracca 136
Neale 123
Short 152
Rozee 153
Parker 123
Crisp 132
Miller 137

Also Laird averages 122 in wins across the past two seasons, compared with 115 in losses. When we win, which is the logic behind backing him agains the Eagles, he goes big usually.

Not sure you can compare his scores against what has generally been a strong side with the current Eagles team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunkley 143
Coniglio 140
Petracca 136
Neale 123
Short 152
Rozee 153
Parker 123
Crisp 132
Miller 137

Also Laird averages 122 in wins across the past two seasons, compared with 115 in losses. When we win, which is the logic behind backing him agains the Eagles, he goes big usually.

Not sure you can compare his scores against what has generally been a strong side with the current Eagles team.
No-one would take a 123 VC score so leave those out. And other than Miller, doubt anyone would have slapped the VC/C any of those players for any of those games. None of them are top 8 MIDs or in the top two in their side and there would have been better options. You could list good scores against any side and make a case.

The Eagles have never really had a strong midfield. It’s always been their superior attack and defence. Eagles didn’t make finals last year and Laird scored 120 and 104. His lowest score this year was against Port back when they were poo yet scored 142 against Brisbane who has a midfield that ranks in the top 3 of the comp.

No-one would take a 123 VC score so leave those out. And other than Miller, doubt anyone would have slapped the VC/C any of those players for any of those games. None of them are top 8 MIDs or in the top two in their side and there would have been better options. You could list good scores against any side and make a case.

The Eagles have never really had a strong midfield. It’s always been their superior attack and defence. Eagles didn’t make finals last year and Laird scored 120 and 104. His lowest score this year was against Port back when they were poo yet scored 142 against Brisbane who has a midfield that ranks in the top 3 of the comp.

I would take a 123 VC score for sure. 😀

I would take a 123 VC score.

Dunkley, Petracca, Neale, Short and Miller are all legit VC options. But anyway, the point is that although you’ve picked out three low scores from premos, there are far more instances where the oppo’s top mids have had a day out.

The Port game he was also coming back from a hand injury. Watching that game he was uncharacteristically fumbly and clearly not 100%.

I'm so tempted to VC Stewart with the way we can bomb the ball into our forward 50 except players rarely ever back up huge scores. It's likely he gets clamped down on. However, the temptation is definitely there.

I'm so tempted to VC Stewart with the way we can bomb the ball into our forward 50 except players rarely ever back up huge scores. It's likely he gets clamped down on. However, the temptation is definitely there.

I think it’s too tempting to try to get it done with Stewart on the Friday night, especially since my captains have been averaging about 100 lately.

I would take a 123 VC score.

Dunkley, Petracca, Neale, Short and Miller are all legit VC options. But anyway, the point is that although you’ve picked out three low scores from premos, there are far more instances where the oppo’s top mids have had a day out.

The Port game he was also coming back from a hand injury. Watching that game he was uncharacteristically fumbly and clearly not 100%.
I would strongly suggest avoiding Short as a VC option this week. ;)

C Miller? Playing in humid Darwin conditions. Good luck with that.
Yeah he’ll struggle to adapt from the usual cold frigid conditions he’s used to up on the Gold Coast 😂

Yeah he’ll struggle to adapt from the usual cold frigid conditions he’s used to up on the Gold Coast 😂
Touk has been training away from the main group this week. Calf strapped up. He'll play this week but might be lower TOG if the Sun's are winning comfortably again.

Wouldn't be captaining him this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back