Review Round 12 vs Richmond @ The GABBA (17/8/20 at 7:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll keep this as short as possible:

The VFL fixturing and VFL Umpires ensured that tonight was about making sure any feral RICHmond supporter in Brisbane got to sing that song.

And now we have a really important game for us in Darwin who are our new zone and partners and the fixturing again makes it pretty insurmountable.

We played really well I thought. We got beaten by the lack of recovery and senior legs able to run it out. I was very impressed with how we played.

Anderson, Lukosius and Powell all had break out games. Wow. That was super to watch. Worth it just to see them do that.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Lukosius 27 touches
Anderson 26 touches

wow future is bright
The future is ******* bright lads

53 touches between them against the reigning champs

* yeah

Punched the pole, pacing up and down then meditating on his own to calm down
sounds like a man after my own heart

All things considered, much better than I expected. 4 day break killed us in the end.
Anderson is a star.
Powell was great.
Riewoldt is still the biggest diva in the game.
Lynch is still mentally weak.
Umpire #18?is a dead set cheat.
Think you should have noticed umpire # 10 in the last quarter was more the worry. Have a look at some of the calls he made. When ellis was manhandled in the last quarter umpire # 10 was side on 10 metres away and he called play on. At least umpire # 18 ( Razor ray ) who was 50 metres away did pay the obvious free kick for ellis to kick a goal. Look at the next few decisions after the Ellis goal who made some crucial calls and it wasn't umpire 18.:thumbsupemoji:

Think you should have noticed umpire # 10 in the last quarter was more the worry. Have a look at some of the calls he made. When ellis was manhandled in the last quarter umpire # 10 was side on 10 metres away and he called play on. At least umpire # 18 ( Razor ray ) who was 50 metres away did pay the obvious free kick for ellis to kick a goal. Look at the next few decisions after the Ellis goal who made some crucial calls and it wasn't umpire 18.:thumbsupemoji:
Ah, yep. That’s the one I meant. Was hard to tell from the top of the gabba.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really encouraging performances by Luko Anderson and Powell.

Umps were an absolute farce tonight, but like the other close games that we have lost it all comes down to our bad goal kicking and the 'nearly' goals that just never seem to eventuate. Luko Post, Anderson miss, Holman dropped chest mark, Greenwood easy miss. We dont seem to get the 'easy' goals but love giving them away. Need to tighten it all up a bit.

Dew should have told Fiorini to go and put one on Lynchs chin because he isnt going to be playing in the 1's anytime soon after his performance.

Team looked more balanced with Graham in the team even though he made mistakes. he did ok.

Collins what a legend of a bloke! heart and soul player. love him!

Great game tonight. Really rattled them early. If they hadn't had more than double the break GC had, it could have well been a win.
The intercept marking in the back half was brilliant. Sam Collins is all class too. I like the cut of his jib.

No way we drop young players Rankine, Budarick, Anderson, Flanders, Powell, King, Ballard unless medical/performance team says so. We need to put as many games into them as soon as possible. Last year people wanted to drop Luko, King, this year only recently Anderson, Powell, King. Now Rankine. No way. All are unbelievable talent. Yes, they will make plenty of mistakes, have down games, run out of legs but they are our future and all will be killing it soon as Luko, Anderson, Ballard and Powell already did tonight. The focus is building team towards 2022.

That 2nd QTR performance was a beauty to watch minus conversion.

Collins is my warrior tonight. It would be so easy to hit Lynch back but he kept it together.

No way we drop young players Rankine, Budarick, Anderson, Flanders, Powell, King, Ballard unless medical/performance team says so. We need to put as many games into them as soon as possible. Last year people wanted to drop Luko, King, this year only recently Anderson, Powell, King. Now Rankine. No way. All are unbelievable talent. Yes, they will make plenty of mistakes, have down games, run out of legs but they are our future and all will be killing it soon as Luko, Anderson, Ballard and Powell already did tonight. The focus is building team towards 2022.

That 2nd QTR performance was a beauty to watch minus conversion.

Collins is my warrior tonight. It would be so easy to hit Lynch back but he kept it together.
Very very very good points. Games into young players are so important especially when they will be in our best 22 to contend for finals and flags in the future. The more games into these blokes sooner the better.

Realistically we probably won't make finals this year but next week we should be expecting to make the Finals so if we can get these games into these players (AFL games not scratch matches) then it will only help us in the long term!

Bloody tough loss, if that greenwood kick had gone through i reckon you would have held on. Play with the same intensity next Friday and i reckon you curb stomp the blues

You guys are really building to something, and such a likeable young group of players! Really happy for you, reckon you'll be making some real noise in the finals next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back